523i difference???

eric3417

Hi Bros,

Drove a e46 2yrs back and keen to get back to BMW....
Would like to know how much horse power and torque does a 523 has.

Coz my limited knowledge tells me that those 05,06 models are 177bhp and the 07 onwards are 190bhp?

I intend not to buy new. Looking at under or ard 2yrs old. Prefers to get the 190bhp one. How do i know when i go car-hunting later this week-end???

Lastly can someone advise me what to keep a look-out for specs/price so that i would not be seriously rip-off by those dealers!

Cheers!
:)

Re: 523i difference???

Just been thru this exercise for the past 2 weeks, and finally bought a new one cos there's not much difference in depreciation between new and used, only about $1k/yr.

05-06: 177hp, 06 cars comes with engine start button instead of key start

mid 07: 190hp, LCI engine with mild face lift. interior has additional buttons that you can preprogram.

I felt a big difference in the hp during test driving the 2, which therefore drew me to the new car.

Go and test both cars and feel it for yourself.

Good luck bro!

eric3417;309090 said:
I intend not to buy new. Looking at under or ard 2yrs old. Prefers to get the 190bhp one. How do i know when i go car-hunting later this week-end???

These are what the 190 hp 523 has that the earlier models don't:
1. Five LED-lighted strips at the rear brake lights when the lights are switched on (earlier models have bulbs. However, both models use bulbs for when the brakes are stepped on).
2. Four red LED lights on the sides of the rear light clusters.
3. LED indicator lights at the rear.
4. Electronic gearshift.
5. Front arm rests and power window switches flow down towards the front, whereas the earlier models have front door arm rests with a perpendicular section where the power window switches are.

Sorry, I don't know the actual terms for all of these and am just trying to describe them the best that I can. :oops:

These are already fantastic feedbacks. To someone like me who had not even sat in the 523i before. :)

PS KP THE EDUCATIONAL INSIGHTS COMING.....!!!

Cheers!

sjlim;309127 said:
These are what the 190 hp 523 has that the earlier models don't:
1. Five LED-lighted strips at the rear brake lights when the lights are switched on (earlier models have bulbs. However, both models use bulbs for when the brakes are stepped on).
2. Four red LED lights on the sides of the rear light clusters.
3. LED indicator lights at the rear.
4. Electronic gearshift.
5. Front arm rests and power window switches flow down towards the front, whereas the earlier models have front door arm rests with a perpendicular section where the power window switches are.

Sorry, I don't know the actual terms for all of these and am just trying to describe them the best that I can. :oops:
The rear lights with 5 LED-strips is the most distinctive difference for the latest 523i. What I like too are the front xenon lights that light up for a while when you remote-open the car.
Just did my 1st service since collecting my car 4 mths ago. Needed oil change after 7000km. Drive back to supersmooth. Could feel the engine roughness before that.
Must say the BMW service centre is a world of difference cf. service centres for my previous cars.
Anyone know what the new price is after the reduced tax?

ccm;310587 said:
The rear lights with 5 LED-strips is the most distinctive difference for the latest 523i. What I like too are the front xenon lights that light up for a while when you remote-open the car.
Just did my 1st service since collecting my car 4 mths ago. Needed oil change after 7000km. Drive back to supersmooth. Could feel the engine roughness before that.
Must say the BMW service centre is a world of difference cf. service centres for my previous cars.

Bro, 7000km need to do first servicing??? I was told 1st servicing is at 25000km.. So which is right?

BTW, do you always put your headlights to auto mode? I find the light sensor over-sensitive, and the headlights always turn on even in bright daylight. Does anyone knows whether it is possible to adjust the sensitivity??

The servicing is condition based. So the milage of service is determined by the computer.

The older models had 25kkm as the benchmark but I believe with the newer models, this has been reduced. The LCI model also has a slightly different iDrive system with 8 'Fav' buttons.

Other than that, nothing much has changed. How you finding the new gear shift? Love it but mine's the pre LCI with the standard shift.

TheNew7;310772 said:
The servicing is condition based. So the milage of service is determined by the computer.

The older models had 25kkm as the benchmark but I believe with the newer models, this has been reduced. The LCI model also has a slightly different iDrive system with 8 'Fav' buttons.

Other than that, nothing much has changed. How you finding the new gear shift? Love it but mine's the pre LCI with the standard shift.

But 7000km compared to 25000km is a lot of diff!! Anyway, will wait till my computer beeps me....

The new gear shift looks rear cool, and works well also, only need some getting used to I guess. I find the "P" button very convenient, and you can shift from any gears to "P" directly after you've done parking. Only problem is sometimes tend to press the "P" when I wanted to press the right button to shift the gear shift.

715;310777 said:
But 7000km compared to 25000km is a lot of diff!! Anyway, will wait till my computer beeps me....

The new gear shift looks rear cool, and works well also, only need some getting used to I guess. I find the "P" button very convenient, and you can shift from any gears to "P" directly after you've done parking. Only problem is sometimes tend to press the "P" when I wanted to press the right button to shift the gear shift.

Heard that you cannot reverse and open the door at the same time (as you do sometimes to gauge the distance between the curb and your rims) because it will put it straight into P or N. But overall, I like the feel of the new gear shift. But I guess with every new thing, there are bound to be things that can be streamlined.

ENJOY!

BTW, the rear LED lights CAN be retrofitted. I have done mine at BMW Day Surgery Clinic. Cheaper than the M Mirror mod......i.e. ear job.

715;310769 said:
Bro, 7000km need to do first servicing??? I was told 1st servicing is at 25000km.. So which is right?

BTW, do you always put your headlights to auto mode? I find the light sensor over-sensitive, and the headlights always turn on even in bright daylight. Does anyone knows whether it is possible to adjust the sensitivity??

I was told that first servicing for the LCI is at 12K, and that's what my OBC said too when I first got the car. Have clocked 8,200 km, OBC says another 2,400 km to go before servicing.

After the 1st servicing, our cars are supposed to have Condition Based Servicing, i.e. it will tell us when to go for servicing. So it depends on individual driving pattern. No more fixed intervals of 25K km etc.

No way to adjust auto headlight sensitivity, AFAIK. But mine doesn't turn on in bright daylight, only in the evenings or when it's overcast.

ccm;310587 said:

Bro,

How do you get the xenons to light up when you open with your remote? Or are you referring to the corona rings?

What's your driving pattern like, than you needed oil change after 7K km?

The price of the 523 has gone up. My friend just bought one at $183K - this is the one with active headrests and soft-closing doors. So for the LCI version without (assuming PML still has any), it should be $179K.

TheNew7;310785 said:
Heard that you cannot reverse and open the door at the same time (as you do sometimes to gauge the distance between the curb and your rims) because it will put it straight into P or N.

Can open door and reverse, but you must be wearing the seat belt. If not, the car will move into P. :p

sjlim;310786 said:
I was told that first servicing for the LCI is at 12K, and that's what my OBC said too when I first got the car. Have clocked 8,200 km, OBC says another 2,400 km to go before servicing.

After the 1st servicing, our cars are supposed to have Condition Based Servicing, i.e. it will tell us when to go for servicing. So it depends on individual driving pattern. No more fixed intervals of 25K km etc.

No way to adjust auto headlight sensitivity, AFAIK. But mine doesn't turn on in bright daylight, only in the evenings or when it's overcast.

My auto headlight really over-sensitive. Was driving at about 5-6pm yesterday, and sky was still quite bright, but the headlights still turn on. Do you think there's a problem or it is supposed to be like that?

715;311060 said:
My auto headlight really over-sensitive. Was driving at about 5-6pm yesterday, and sky was still quite bright, but the headlights still turn on. Do you think there's a problem or it is supposed to be like that?

Hi bro,

I only have my car to compare with, so I don't know if it's a problem or supposed to be like that. :p But yours does sound over sensitive. Maybe get PML to check it?

sjlim;311068 said:
Hi bro,

I only have my car to compare with, so I don't know if it's a problem or supposed to be like that. :p But yours does sound over sensitive. Maybe get PML to check it?

Will monitor and see how, cos just collected the car few days ago.. Thanks bro!

715;311060 said:

Just checked with my SE today. Was told that the headlight sensor needs very strong sunlight in order not to turn on the headlights. When the sky is slightly cloudy, the headlights will be turn on. Info for all interested...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuongnetvc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back