523i- Pre-owned or New?

bummer73

Dudes and dudettes,

This be my first post- Hello all!

I'm looking to buying myself a 523i in the next 3 mths or so... Are there major differences between the current facelift vs the previous one? Also, I noticed, the cars from Performance premium select aren't exactly a whole lot cheaper then buying new- their prices seem to defy the '1st owner get the biggest depreciation blow' logic.

Anyone here has experirnce buying stuff from premium select? Reliable? worth the extra dollars? Or should I just go buy new? I must admit was quite impressed by their service though...

Thanks!

Re: 523i- Pre-owned or New?

Like u, I came to the same conclusion. Went for the new one as well. Just collected mine and have no regrets whatsoever

Main different with the latest (after Oct 07) 523i LCI model is the suction door and the new gear knob. The lights are also nicer.

PPSL is like a place for "those who want to buy 2nd hand but want a peace of mind". So there are some premium to the "peace of mind". But of course, there is virtually no waiting time for your ride as its already there and what you see if what you get.

My pre-Oct 523i Lci model has the same lights & gear knob as the post-Oct 07 model.

i noticed that there are some cars in the premium selection of used bmws and some that are not....they occasionally have one or two other makes in the sime darby showroom as well

as the prices are not competitive, and it seems they dont budge very much from the offered price.

sometimesi wonder if it is safe to buy a used bmw from Automobile megamart or better too get one from PML.....

haha, perhaps the best way is to take over a fellow BMW-Sg's forumer's ride when he makes the transition to a maserati or porsche !

wei0306;302770 said:
Main different with the latest (after Oct 07) 523i LCI model is the suction door and the new gear knob. The lights are also nicer.

The LCI models have the same electronic gearshift and lights, regardless of whether they are before or after Oct 07. The difference is that the Oct 07 models come with auto-closing doors and active headrests, for which you pay $4K more.

Bummer73: The FL 523i comes with a new engine with 13 hp more and better fuel efficiency, as well as the electronic transmission which shifts gears 40% faster.

Cheers.

I bought a 4 month old 525 with 3,000kms on the clock from PPSL at around $25k off the new price, but that was almost 2 years ago.

Speak to Dawn or Ronald as they have been there some time and are genuinely nice sales people.

I was told one could get a brand new 523i @ $165k. dunno hw true is it? anyone can verify?

roughly hw much is the OMV for 523i? Any idea when is the 523i going to change since the outgoing 1 has been ard for sometime.

lsk005;306841 said:
roughly hw much is the OMV for 523i? Any idea when is the 523i going to change since the outgoing 1 has been ard for sometime.

My OMV is slightly more than $53K. New 5 series should be launched in end-2009 and available worldwide as a 2010 model.

lsk005;305220 said:
I was told one could get a brand new 523i @ $165k. dunno hw true is it? anyone can verify?

BeemerX;305256 said:
true...confirm and chop stamp

Shit.. And i thought i had the best deal at 167K last year ard May... :furious: :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otsobetme
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back