528i vs 535i

Gerard1997

considering to buy a 528i. Can a 528i after tuning be faster than a 535i ? If yes , what kind of tuning ? Heard a lot about jb4 , will it make 528i faster than 535i ? And how reliable is it

4 cylinder vs 6 in-line... depends what you want. and of course cost.
Rd tax and etc. at one time i only look at 520 to mod, since its modding might as well find the cheapest and mod. COst for 520 abd 528 got difference, then i look hard again. Drive 5 years + cost of mods = 535. thats how i end up with 535. dep at 18.5 no messy mods. I mod too many cars in my life. Like to leave this one simple and pure. LOL Plus point is, i can still tune up whenever i like......

I ended up choose the 535, love the car, smooth and powerful. When you need the power just ask, it will be given. no messy mods vs 528 , engine will vibrate a little on cold start and on moving off because engine too small, not filling the engine bay and 4 cylinder mod up to 320 bhp definitely feel different from in-line 6.

I would have to agree with thirteenbee. If modding is your thing, why not consider an old 335 with the N54 engine? They should be around 8years with lesser depreciation. My E93 N54 depreciation when I let go end of this year will be only 7-8k. Its got only approx. 1.5 years left as of today.

Generally speaking, no matter what car you mod or the mod being done, it will have more reliability issues than a stock one because I doubt you will stop at the charge pipe and jb4. Exhaust manifold, exhaust, larger turbos, suspension, brakes, it can and most likely cause an addiction and problems inadvertently appear. Sorry for being a wet blanket.

If the options are only 528i modded and 535i I would suggest going for the 535i.

I would have to agree with thirteenbee. If modding is your thing, why not consider an old 335 with the N54 engine? They should be around 8years with lesser depreciation. My E93 N54 depreciation when I let go end of this year will be only 7-8k. Its got only approx. 1.5 years left as of today.

Generally speaking, no matter what car you mod or the mod being done, it will have more reliability issues than a stock one because I doubt you will stop at the charge pipe and jb4. Exhaust manifold, exhaust, larger turbos, suspension, brakes, it can and most likely cause an addiction and problems inadvertently appear. Sorry for being a wet blanket.

If the options are only 528i modded and 535i I would suggest going for the 535i.

Wanted to buy 535i but could find , cause I Want one below 60000 mileage and 1 owner. Preferably still got 5-6 years for me.

That would be a challenge. There is a 2013 535 in the market now with some nice mods. That would probably be one that is the closest to your asking other than it's a 2 owners car.

Bro Gerard, you can consider the 2013 Nov 535i. It was my ex car which I traded in with PML last month for 540M. The 535 was well taken care of. M5 kit done by JSM. Front Brembo 6 pistons by Top93 - brake pad has around 20% life. No mods done on the engine. It was a PML management car which I bought at 4000km/6mths.

Hello Gerard - have you already bought the 535i? See that you are de-kitting an F10 - is that from the 535i?

Definitely enjoying my car, got my bodykit and rims changed 1 month ago. Just started with the piggyback tuning
Awesome. If you don't mind me asking, which year is your ride? Glad to see that there are other 2nd-hand F10 owners around and active. :D

Hi Gerard1997, I reckon you have been driving the 528 for a few months. How's the drive? I'm thinking of getting one myself (pre-owned). My E92 335 left 5 months to scrap. I also intend to do some modds too. What have you done so far? Which piggyback did you get?

yeah been driving for a few months now. I had changed my bodykit, downpipe, charge pipe and boost pipe. Also changed my air intake and 20 inch rims. Previously, im on racechip but decided to go with ecu remap instead. So far i think its a worthy car to drive but if i can choose again maybe i would go for 535 because of the power. But at that time there is no 535 with low mileage for my budget so i settled down with 528. If you drove a 335 , i reckon you get a 535.

Been driving a 528i 3.0 6 cylinders for the past 6 months and been enjoying its power since day 1. My car is equipped with supersprint lta approved exhaust system.
My previous ride was a 523i in line 6 cylinders as well.i drove it for 4 years and it's a good car.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back