• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

728iA Owners Pls Advise

gabrielim

HI KC900, diablo_728 n all 728iA e38 owners there, I need your kind advice.. i owned a 320 a couple of years back before bundles of joys came and i had to switch to an estima aeras.. now i am itching to get back into a beemer and I have been checking out this 04/2001 728iA. Given its good size and steady depreciation ( since its over 5 years), I guess its a good bargain till the new 7 comes out in 2008. I need your frank advice on the following:

1. The car has been regularly serviced by PML. Should I thus take it that it should be in good condition?
2. What are the biggest wears n tears i should look out for?
3. Is there going to be a mega repair/replacement bill waiting for me when the car gets older?
4. I noticed the boot does not pop up fully upon release like the Merc.. Can i get somebody to put a spring in it or is PML able to make it like the boot of the current 7?
5. Any other advice would be most appreciated...

Many thanks n i look forward to hearing from you guys..

Re: 728iA Owners Pls Advise

Hi, alot depends on the mileage of the car. the suspension and the radiator and the power steering hose are the main issues with the 728ia based on my experence. personally i thinks its a better car than the E65. Pricing shd be the key factor, basically the paper value + 10-12k if mileage less than 100k. Anything more dont bother to buy it. remember that not many pple will buy this car bc of the high residual value which translates to higher loan. So you hvae the upper hand in bargaining the price. try to get a model with the GPS. Generally a reliable car. cheers

Hi Diablo thanks very much.. wat about the boot? is it normal that it doesnt open fully upon the remote release? is there anybody who could fix a spring or sort?

Last but not least, are there many e38 owners in the forum or is it very rare now?

Many thanks!

I used to own a 728i but exported it last year. Generally, it's a great car to drive and own. Besides the potential problem areas identified by diablo_728, I had the control arms and steering tie rods replaced as well. Wear and tear.

It's normal for the boot to not "flip" open. My current car is the same as well. I believe what you want is similar to the Mercedes boot - the boot opens up when you release it. Not sure where to get that done.

Hi actually replied to your message under KC900's post regarding selling or exporting his 728i, please check there.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back