740 - long wheel base or not?

Re: 740 - long wheel base or not?

Jacky;411027 said:
you are right.

it is pretty audible. That was my comment to my Sales rep. Since i am currently driving an S Class, the difference was pretty noticeable. But i love the new iDrive and GPS. So i will switch.

Pairing with my iphone was so fast and the voice pickup by the mic was GREAT!! i have an R8 and the mic SUCKS big time.

talked about the new i-drive... it is cool compared to first generation when it was introduced back then.. however having said that the GPS even though improved it really still sucks compare to the cheapo garmin touch screen. Postal code input for singapore map still not available.

the voice command get confused most of the time.. dun really know what accent they preferred... agree that the phone pairing is instantaneous and works marvellously.

USB audio is good but hell.. it doesn't like hard disk based USB external storage...if you have lossless rip audio files you have to be content with flash cards..with 16GB max available now cheaply.

but it got to be other attributes such as driving dynamic for the new 7 to be the pull factor.. right?

i thought S-class interior should be much better... for eg. the C63 interior is awesome compare to the M3. sigh! the new 7 seem improved though.

i think you can use a USB cable and connect to an iPod for the 7.

I am using a 2GB SD card in my Audi and i have 1 GB free. Not that many songs.

no comments about interior for both, i am sold based on the new iDrive. Just thinking very hard on how to get a HUD version in.

Jacky;411034 said:
i think you can use a USB cable and connect to an iPod for the 7.

I am using a 2GB SD card in my Audi and i have 1 GB free. Not that many songs.

no comments about interior for both, i am sold based on the new iDrive. Just thinking very hard on how to get a HUD version in.

yes i can plug ipod thru the Y cable into the USB...but i am not an ipod guy :)
i was all excited on the prospect of plugging in USB HDD with wav files and bring my whole home music server of 200GB worth of songs into the car.. duh i was so disappointed!

if anything the new merc i-drive is supposed to be cool with 3-d map and all from the latest news. i wonder if the new 7 for the local market can get internet connection capability enabled? now this will be cool. i was told not available when i ordered my car.

Actually, after the integration of my Mac Mini into the car, all I had to do was to connect to the internet using one of those USB dongles. Then, it would be wireless internet anywhere (or that's the theory anyway).

I think in other countries, the wireless internet goes one step further with BMW Assist (or something like that) to inform the agent that there is something wrong with the car such as an accident etc...

Frankly, the new i-Drive is similar to Audi's MMI. And Audi had won much praise when they introduced their version of the i-Drive. Though I think the new controls are nice, what happened to the 'introduce this new knob to reduce button clutter' theory?

Mercedes' 3D map feature is impressive but is it available with Mal-Sing maps? Otherwise, it would be useless for us in this part of the world.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back