95 fuel boleh?

Re: 95 fuel boleh?

Of course u can but unfortunately and if I am correct, e Bhp & Nm fact sheet is based on Octane 98. So when using Octane 95, do expect e E90 to pump out less Bhp & Nm over OEM figures.

Should be deciding between Octane 98 or Shell V-Power, ROFL, anyway Octane 98 will suffice if u r willing.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the diff btw 95 & 98 for 1 full tank?

davidtch;812245 said:
What is the diff btw 95 & 98 for 1 full tank?

Let me give you my good friend's award winning answer to ur question...

totoseow;810945 said:
numbskulls. drive bmw......?

98 at 2.128 vs 2.024 for 95....50 litres its 5bux u save.

v power 2.356 vs 98 2.128....u pump 50 litres...u save 11 bux.

walk better free.

Octane 95, Octane 98 or even Octane 98 V-Power - All boils down to if one wants to save e S$5-S$11 per 50 litres or wants to optimise Bhp/Nm output.

There shouldn't be any comparison. The best balance imho would be Octane 98.

Baby1M;812297 said:
Octane 95, Octane 98 or even Octane 98 V-Power - All boils down to if one wants to save e S$5-S$11 per 50 litres or wants to optimise Bhp/Nm output.

There shouldn't be any comparison. The best balance imho would be Octane 98.

Solid answer!

well haka, i think 95 is still acceptable as alot of bmws in europe uses it.
just to be safe, can try pumping it and see if there's any knocking due to low octane.
if u kiasu, can try pump 98 and see if there's any marked difference.

helbreath;812307 said:
I think esso98 is best.
I was using Esso when they had Octane 100 fuel but since it was discotinued I switched back to Shell. I will go with Shell, FuelSave 98 or V-Power... whichever brand Ferrari uses, I go with that, call me dumb yea :lol:

Every 50L vPower pump 5L diesel......hearsay got additional 3bhp...............

Irrelevant..... :D

sszone;812319 said:
well haka, i think 95 is still acceptable as alot of bmws in europe uses it.
just to be safe, can try pumping it and see if there's any knocking due to low octane.
if u kiasu, can try pump 98 and see if there's any marked difference.
Alot in Europe uses 95 because the minimum RON recommended by BMW is 95.

Additionally it was dyno-ed and proven (not in SG) that 98 produce higher Bhp/Nm output w/o any complication at all. Their conclusion, e gain for a couple of dollar difference is worth it.

However, using lower than recommended RON, detonation will happen but with modern ecu, it will be prevented resulting in great lost of power.

milk15;812322 said:
Every 50L vPower pump 5L diesel......hearsay got additional 3bhp...............

Irrelevant..... :D
LOL.

Anyway, just additional info:
V-Power in general - Does not up any Bhp or Nm.
V-Power SG - Just has additive added to FuelSave 98, to improve throttle response for City driving (Technically I cannot recall to input here)
V-Power MY - Just has additive added to Shell 97, to provide a better mileage for NSH driving (Technically I cannot recall to input here)

Assuming you're asking coz you drive to Malaysia often, and I know it can be difficult to find RON97 / VPower Racing fuel sometime... no scientific link to show you, but I 'heard' the fuel quality is different, eventhough it's rated at RON95....

It's OKAY to pump RON95 in Malaysia if you cannot find petrol station to sell you RON97, want to kiasi, just don't WOT all the way in highway, drive within speed limit shouldn't cause any problem at all.

... well better than no fuel and you have to push your car! like that RON91 i also pump first!

I am getting better FC when used 98. Anyway, monthly extra for 98 is about $30+ only.

thanks to all & sszone.

main reason I ask is, when we travel to Msia their petrol quality seems to vary.
so we need to be sure whats the min not to detonate e engine.

besides its also another concern when u tune or add "poison" then its entire diff performance.

lol

I din expect so many experts here....

actually should pamper your e90 when u are in MY.....should whack the Vpower cos its cheappppp....haha
Singapore 95 is safe enough for everyday drive if u are not bothered abt the theoratical bhp blah blah blah like me....hehe

sszone;812486 said:
actually should pamper your e90 when u are in MY.....should whack the Vpower cos its cheappppp....haha
Singapore 95 is safe enough for everyday drive if u are not bothered abt the theoratical bhp blah blah blah like me....hehe

Only those close to Singapore have 97/Vpower... other place sebeh difficult to find ah... Went to Melaka once, stop at 3 stations, cannot find ron97 petrol.. finally found one and tell me cash only, no credit card.... sianz...

kon;812500 said:
Only those close to Singapore have 97/Vpower... other place sebeh difficult to find ah... Went to Melaka once, stop at 3 stations, cannot find ron97 petrol.. finally found one and tell me cash only, no credit card.... sianz...

You can buy some octane booster and add to the fuel when can't find 97 petrol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79bcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back