964 : Breathing life into an old girl...

Re: 964 : Breathing life into an old girl...

joshdway;433431 said:
however i still can't quite bring myself to terms with the interior of the air cooled 911s, maybe i need to grow older/age a little more? heh
The interiors are an integral part of the charm. Built by engineers, not accountants nor designers. They were going to revamp the interior for the 993, but thankfully didn't, due to cost constraints at that time.

It looks like everything is haphazardly placed, but you get used to it very very quickly and it seems totally logical thereafter. The main gripes most folks have are that the central aircon vents don't blow onto the driver and that the radio is a bit out of reach. As I said, built by engineers.

and not forgetting that you need to sit at a bit of slanting position to drive....

foxfrc5;433489 said:
The interiors are an integral part of the charm. Built by engineers, not accountants nor designers. They were going to revamp the interior for the 993, but thankfully didn't, due to cost constraints at that time.

It looks like everything is haphazardly placed, but you get used to it very very quickly and it seems totally logical thereafter. The main gripes most folks have are that the central aircon vents don't blow onto the driver and that the radio is a bit out of reach. As I said, built by engineers.

its quite possibly a case of acquired taste?
u can help me with that, throw me your keys to and let me spend quality time with your 993? :nehnehhh:

then again, better not
might get tempted/poisoned, heh

Definitely an acquired taste.

Everyone should drive an air-cooled Porsche at some point, but it won't be easy to arrange in Singapore as these cars are insured specifically for named drivers. You're not even likley to get test drives in cars that are for sale, unless they're with a dealer who has trade plates e.g. Stuttgart.

Offset pedals do take some getting use to, but make sense once you do. Strange but true.

whats wrong with the slanted position of a 993?

:)

I don't think there is any wrong, Just Unique :)

totoseow;433437 said:
i still think porkys r ugly..spec. the cayman n 996. the GT sits in well with me though....

U shud drive behind me more often, let me pass then overtime u will like it even more and be ready for the 998 PDK version...:wavey:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iwin68date
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back