987 Muttons review the 118i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 987 Muttons review the 118i

Sigh, everyone is entitled to opinions but I'm sure they don't go around telling their friends that their wife is ugly.

That's the last from me, you'd prob think it's a sign of insecurity.

totoseow;882654 said:
so i have to come to a 1series forum n say its beautiful? to make 1 series owners feel great that their money is well spent?

i mean im sure none of us married the most beautiful girl right? so unless u think ur wife is real ugly has BO or have yeast infection...why does my opinion matter? im not the one to get cozy to ur car...

n i wud really like a civic type R. not great looking too but has other qualities which im sure u see in your wives and ur 1series..

guys learn to have some confidence. dont hv to be so insecure in life.

et·i·quette/ˈetikit/
Noun:
The customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group.

Eg. Meeting a family/friend's wife, and telling them their wife is ugly is bad etiquette.

Yes you are free to say anything you want, but just in case you need some education on etiquette, above is a simple definition, any feel free to pm me if you need require clarifications, cheers.

Hope you learn something today!

totoseow;882654 said:
so i have to come to a 1series forum n say its beautiful? to make 1 series owners feel great that their money is well spent?

i mean im sure none of us married the most beautiful girl right? so unless u think ur wife is real ugly has BO or have yeast infection...why does my opinion matter? im not the one to get cozy to ur car...

n i wud really like a civic type R. not great looking too but has other qualities which im sure u see in your wives and ur 1series..

guys learn to have some confidence. dont hv to be so insecure in life.

whatever... guess u are just too free...
anyway, whatever car u drive is ugly coz ur attitude and style is ugly..

marklee;882650 said:
lol...I drive a JDM and also think 1 series isn't good looking...how?

View attachment 40621

u need not specially come to the 1series forum to speak your negative opinions?
I dun go to honda forum to tell them JDM not nice looking?

this is considered eat too full need to take a dump, din go to your own toilet but go to other people house doorfront to take your dump...
tak class and revolting..
tks and period..

kenntona;882652 said:
I think Totoseow expressed his own opinion fair and square. Why ostracise such an opinion just because it does not stroke your ego?

bro, that doesnt really sound like opinion..
sounds like someone eat too full need to take dump but doing it in a LC style..
no basis of comparison, nothing..
probably like taking a fart in some people's face?

nighthawkcity bro, relax la, im sure you and i learn today that money can't buy class nor brains. so why bother?

BimmerHead;882695 said:
Ok so your point in posting your comment in 1 series is to tell us to ignore it..got it.

my point is the 1 series is ugly to me. regardless of whether u like it or not. whether u own one or not. whether u need to defend that u bot one or not.

nighthawkcity;882703 said:
whatever... guess u are just too free...
anyway, whatever car u drive is ugly coz ur attitude and style is ugly..

indeed i am at moments of posting....i am free. n whatever car i hv had or have right now....some hv been bad, some not that bad..some great....some ugly some fugly, some beautiful. my attitude has never been mixed nor sounded confused. i can take it if someone tells me my car is ugly.
i dun take things so personally. its ur money. my opinion.

benedictz;882707 said:
nighthawkcity bro, relax la, im sure you and i learn today that money can't buy class nor brains. so why bother?

nope i agree money cant buy class nor brains. but money can make u feel less insecure it seems?

benedictz said:
Which jap car do you own then?
benedictz said:

I don't quite comprehend your points. So, Totoseow is presumably a jap car owner. And has money with no class and brains. What kind of relevance does that have on an opinion on a 1 series? A jap car owner could not tell whether a car is nice or ugly? Someone needs to have class and brains to appreciate a car?

BimmerHead said:
Ok so your point in posting your comment in 1 series is to tell us to ignore it..got it.

nighthawkcity said:
bro, that doesnt really sound like opinion.. sounds like someone eat too full need to take dump but doing it in a LC style.. no basis of comparison, nothing..
probably like taking a fart in some people's face?

Gentlemen, this is a car forum. More specifically, this is a BMW-SG forum, not a 1 series forum. It is a 1-series folder, so I see no point harping on ownership and exclusion. That's one.

We have all kinds of opinions on cars. Someone can post any car model and we can all express our views on it. Even an exotic model has been blasted with negative reviews too - regardless of the fact that many forumers bought the car. That's two.

I can recall negative comments on new Porsche models citing conservative and boring body lines. Some even used the word "frog" to describe the car.

I can also recall a chunk of comments on the "ah beng" elements of a GTR - despite the fact that there are so many GTR owners (who are incidentally non Ah Bengs) in this forum.

There were also remarks on the contours of X6 and the 5 series GT when it was first launch.

Even my ex-335 were labelled to be too BENG. But that's me, my style and what I like to be modded on my car.

I do note that all these are personal opinions and bore no malice to slime the owners of the car in question. And opinions do differ. That's why it is known as a forum and not a support group.

And whether the forumer expressing the opinion has a Lambo or a Picanto has no bearing on the merit of the opinion. Whether he is driving the same marque has no bearing too. One can say that a GT3 is ugly or a 599 is not nice regardless of affordability. That defines opinion.

Else, fanboyism will be confused with enthusiasm.

u r right. the term is fanboyism.

i bot...so must b nice.

i bot...so others must say nice.

i bot...so now i need to feel i din make a wrong choice.

i bot...so i do not wanna b embarrassed driving it.

kenntona;882769 said:
I don't quite comprehend your points. So, Totoseow is presumably a jap car owner. And has money with no class and brains. What kind of relevance does that have on an opinion on a 1 series? A jap car owner could not tell whether a car is nice or ugly? Someone needs to have class and brains to appreciate a car?

It was a matter of asking what car he has, nothing personal like what totoseow seemed to be emphasizing a lot, he could have just answered my question, like what you said too, this is a car forum, did i do anything wrong by asking what car totoseow owns?

Lastly no, you dont need brains nor class to appreciate a car, but you do need some brains when it comes to etiquette, and if you happen to also need lessons on etiquette, please refer to my previous post.

Gentlemen, this is a car forum. More specifically, this is a BMW-SG forum, not a 1 series forum. It is a 1-series folder, so I see no point harping on ownership and exclusion. That's one.

We have all kinds of opinions on cars. Someone can post any car model and we can all express our views on it. Even an exotic model has been blasted with negative reviews too - regardless of the fact that many forumers bought the car. That's two.

I can recall negative comments on new Porsche models citing conservative and boring body lines. Some even used the word "frog" to describe the car.

I can also recall a chunk of comments on the "ah beng" elements of a GTR - despite the fact that there are so many GTR owners (who are incidentally non Ah Bengs) in this forum.

There were also remarks on the contours of X6 and the 5 series GT when it was first launch.

Even my ex-335 were labelled to be too BENG. But that's me, my style and what I like to be modded on my car.

I do note that all these are personal opinions and bore no malice to slime the owners of the car in question. And opinions do differ. That's why it is known as a forum and not a support group.

And whether the forumer expressing the opinion has a Lambo or a Picanto has no bearing on the merit of the opinion. Whether he is driving the same marque has no bearing too. One can say that a GT3 is ugly or a 599 is not nice regardless of affordability. That defines opinion.

Else, fanboyism will be confused with enthusiasm.

I appreciate your long essay on different opinions on different models, but like i said if i were to say your kids looked like gremlins to me doesnt mean they look like ones to you. but hey mr. toh, i do think you look like a gremlin, no offence, just my 2 cents. hope you dont be so insecure, forum only, next time buy u kopi ok?

Its an adult forum stop behaving like kids, have some good manners/etiquette.

chillax all...chillax...i think veyron is ugly too..but i like and wish to have one...:whipper:

View attachment 40631
my own opinon,
A class > 1s
3s> C class
5s> E class
S class > 7
CLS vs 6s?.....

jonleeck;882790 said:
View attachment 40631
my own opinon,
A class > 1s
3s> C class
5s> E class
S class > 7
CLS vs 6s?.....

i like the new A-Class...reading it on Sept Torque magazine...looks quite chio..especially with the AMG package..

benedictz said:
I appreciate your long essay on different opinions on different models, but like i said if i were to say your kids looked like gremlins to me doesnt mean they look like ones to you. but hey mr. toh, i do think you look like a gremlin, no offence, just my 2 cents. hope you dont be so insecure, forum only, next time buy u kopi ok?

Its an adult forum stop behaving like kids, have some good manners/etiquette.

How to equate kids to cars?

Your kid, people gotta respect you as a parent.

The car model you are driving, anyone can think it's nice or otherwise, right?

If the posting is not on your kids but "this Y generation" - a broader category - wouldn't a discussion be possible, with diverse opinions? This is what Toto was saying - not your car specifically.

Hence nothing personal.

zhenlie;882798 said:
i like the new A-Class...reading it on Sept Torque magazine...looks quite chio..especially with the AMG package..

I agree! i fell in love when i saw the teaser video.

zhenlie;882798 said:

n this is nice...very nice...the first 2 gen was ugly...like the current 118i hatches.

kenntona;882801 said:
How to equate kids to cars?

Your kid, people gotta respect you as a parent.

The car model you are driving, anyone can think it's nice or otherwise, right?

If the posting is not on your kids but "this Y generation" - a broader category - wouldn't a discussion be possible, with diverse opinions? This is what Toto was saying - not your car specifically.

Hence nothing personal.

I think so too kenntona, but totoseow was giving examples about wives, so i assume he equates cars to wives and kids hence my example, i dont really care what people thought about the 1 series because when i bought it there were some serious subjective comments of its appearance, but i went ahead despite the negative comments and loving it today, but although this is a BMW forum, it does say 'Bmw 1 series owners' and despite that, totoseow decides to come in here and shit on 1 series owners and honestly i dont think that its fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back