a 911 Turbo-priced Gullwing Mercedes

Re: a 911 Turbo-priced Gullwing Mercedes

kenntona;332789 said:
Sounds like Omar's 335.........
yeah .... but .... not exactly as impressive as this merc though

Ya. That's why I dun drive. I hosted the house parties. Omar and gang will bring the chicks.

kenntona;332807 said:
Ya. That's why I dun drive. I hosted the house parties. Omar and gang will bring the chicks.

And I will use Kens car to make out with the chicks. Amazing ambience. Feels like Darlene Hotel. :lol2:

kenntona;332807 said:
Wow rich bastid! I'd love to be one of your valets please, being paid to drive supercars just for 200 metres ...... worth the time.

house parties are a wonderful avenue for the blessed beautiful people to show off their cars, really. It's startling .... so many people just buy new cars to be in time, not for new year, but for the next big party OMG... but to fill up the compound with all those beautiful metal is priceless ....

centurion;332761 said:
IMO in a straightline the Turbo will JUST edge this guy out. The 6.1 is big but it is still gutless compared to the twin turbo 997. On a track, chances are this Merc will win. But this is just guessing shit, let's wait for the wonderful grudge match.

BUT given the cash I will buy the Merc puppy.

With all honesty, I can tell ya, why pay same price for a Merc while u can get a Porsche and it's bloody twin turbo for that matter?
This will be The Question....

Take few other eg..Mercedes CLK DTM...1 mio price tag....many other better choices
Or recently the CLK Black series,....similar to DTM but probably almost half the price..another problem...

I think Merc is basically doomed trying to make a super car caliber if their prices are too close to some top breed marques like we all know.

They need to sort of copy the GTR way.....it really sways you to their territory as it packs superb perf with a reasonably cheap price tag.

ok ,hoot me ah!

centurion;332818 said:
Wow rich bastid! I'd love to be one of your valets please, being paid to drive supercars just for 200 metres ...... worth the time.

house parties are a wonderful avenue for the blessed beautiful people to show off their cars, really. It's startling .... so many people just buy new cars to be in time, not for new year, but for the next big party OMG... but to fill up the compound with all those beautiful metal is priceless ....

Not to mention a slew of "Just 18 or 19" chicks waiting to be stretched.

TripleM;332825 said:
With all honesty, I can tell ya, why pay same price for a Merc while u can get a Porsche and it's bloody twin turbo for that matter?
This will be The Question....

Take few other eg..Mercedes CLK DTM...1 mio price tag....many other better choices
Or recently the CLK Black series,....similar to DTM but probably almost half the price..another problem...

I think Merc is basically doomed trying to make a super car caliber if their prices are too close to some top breed marques like we all know.

They need to sort of copy the GTR way.....it really sways you to their territory as it packs superb perf with a reasonably cheap price tag.

ok ,hoot me ah!
3M, I always found mercedes history more involving and honorable than Porsche's history of stretching rules and desperate scraping funds and mismanagement and dumb decisions (before the current Wunderkin)

I find the silver star stand for much more than I find the Stuttgart shield of Porsche.

And the FR configuration of the Mercedes is philosophically acceptable to me compared to the RR of the Porsche.

Basically I'm not a Porsche man, but a Merc man foremost. At this time they have a (on paper) really acceptable car with good design and an excellent engine and probably a good stiff chassis. It's all that is needed to make a sale to somebody like me assuming that I could afford the price.

At the danger of sounding absolutely banal, I love Mercedes. Though I don't have one now.

agreed with you on history part but in reality, how many would think like you?
buying car based on history pedigree...I think we make decisions mostly based on factors such as design n brand name, performance, last but not least PRICE!

the last thing u wanna hear is hey, nice CLK with wide body conversion, where to do? I also want....call me ya..kekeke...

The only thing that can sway me to buy a super car caliber from makers like Merc, Audi and BMW is the PRICE. Anythign too close, forget it.

The R8 is somewhat a little bit on the fence as far as the pricing goes which I think that was absolutely brilliant pricing by PA here...

TripleM;332849 said:
agreed with you on history part but in reality, how many would think like you?
buying car based on history pedigree...I think we make decisions mostly based on factors such as design n brand name, performance, last but not least PRICE!

the last thing u wanna hear is hey, nice CLK with wide body conversion, where to do? I also want....call me ya..kekeke...

The guy who ask `nice CLK with wide body conversion' I will give him a snooty look ... anyway, he's surely gonna be one of those morons who pretend to be interested in cars, and I have a bad habit of telling people they're stupid.

How many think like me I dunno, but actually, as long as Merc makes this car, it's irrelevant. If I want to buy a car of this class, subject to reality, this one is it.

A very important thing happened to Mercedes when designing the current CL-Class - the decision of peter pfeiffer to ditch the organic designs which plagued merc since the release of the previous S-Class: it was designed to take away ostentatiousness which was the main criticism of the 2 generations ago S-Class (Garoupa) but it dated FAST - just look at any Garoupa S-Class today and the W203 C-Class ... wa liao.

The current S, CL and C-Class design motif IMHO heralds back to the 500SEC design days, a Bruno Sacco masterpiece ... At the end of the day, looking back at Peter Pfeiffer's career, I'd say that Bruno Sacco is the best designer Mercedes Benz ever had, and it is MB which leads the world in design even now, with a brief interlude from Chris Bangle, regular service resumes.

Benz or not, this mid-engined 2 door is a great looking car.

It harks back to the days when MB designs were simpler and less gimmicky. I agree that some recent MB designs like the unpalatable 'garoupa' were below par compared to previous efforts. You could also point to the current SLK with its F-1 nose. It looks so contrived when planted on a compact roadster.

Bruno Sacco, was, undoubtedly the only recent MB designer who has left an enduring legacy. His work not only defined MB cars, but helped to shape a whole generation of German industrial products that were instantly identifiable through their functional, unadorned appearance. He has been quoted as saying:

"You concentrate very hard on avoiding gimmicks ... and when you do, it's fairly easy. You act in normal, straightforward way. There are many examples of long-lasting design in other fields: in architecture and fashion. You can design a suit to last either 3 months or 10 years. It's the same with a car."

Of all the work he produced, I like the baby Benz, the 190E the most. Even today, the simplicity of line and the harmonious proportions still make it a good looking car. If you look closely at a W-204, especially at the front end, you will see the influence of Bruno's work. Not bad for someone who wasn't even German. Bruno was an Italian.

Mercedes_190E_88-90_front.gif

Mercedes_190E_88-90_rear.gif

Bruno Sacco was Italian .... muahahahaha ....

nice pics. The 190E was nice but there was no punch for me. It was a very competent design but germanic. My favourite remains the 500SEC, but it is nice to differ.

Cars are the sculptures of our everyday lives, and times decide how cars are to be designed.
The old S-Class (Garoupa) was an elegant car, an evolution of the classic Merc look, but it wasn't penetrating the luxury market although it did have the presence to be noticed. At about the same time, cars were screaming for change, so came along all the bug eye'ed headlights. Call it revolutionary but put me in one more time, and I ain't gonna fit. Factor in the changing demographics and whenever you move ahead, you will undoubtly leave some people behind.

This new design looks sharp at first glance; something about keeping up with times with the cyber look and all but give it enough time, it will wear off completely like some aftermarket bodykit. Not sure why the 911 turbo is use as a benchmark again? Is it AWD? Mid-engine really means less space for any kind of useful trips.

Good question - why the 911 turbo again? if I was Porsche, I'd be feeling more than a little paranoid - they are all out to get me. I think the Audi R8 was benchmarked against the 911 turbo. The Nissan GT-R was definitely benchmarked against this car. Now MB comes up with this beauty that seems to be aimed at the same target. What can Porsche do? Its stuck with an iconic shape and engine layout that its customers won't allow it to change, and there has to be a limit as to how much more power you can extract from a flat 6, turbo or non-turbo.

centurion - I know a garoupa (or grouper) is a tasty but ugly looking fish, but how did the old S class acquire this moniker? Doesn't seem all that flattering.

the 911 Turbo is the ultimate money making machine, a relatively low cost thing to be sold at such a high price, with a great reputation and not really the best car Porsche has to offer, a soft comfortable suspension fitting for today's generation of buyers, a great big turbo for the POWER that many want to feel, relatively cheap to make and not much warranty claim.

Porsche sells the 911 Turbo because it makes money, and sells their GT3 for those who want a Porsche track machine, sells the Cayman for people who want the old Porsche feeling without needing to have half a dozen maintenance projects running at the same time.

Which car company wouldn't like to target the Turbo?

This is the W140 S-Class which I affectionately call Garoupa... it's not an universal word, it's a word which me and my bunch of merc enthusiasts use. We use Garoupa not because we hate that car, it was Bruno sacco's masterpiece, he said in his book.

61642e34.jpg

That doesn't look like a garoupa at all.

In fact it doesn't look too bad, it reminds me of a well cut Hugo Boss suit.

I thought you might have been referring to the just superceded S class, a barge of a car that I never found especially attractive. But I suppose Mercedes Benz knows its customers - that car found no shortage of buyers.

mercedes_s_class.jpg

Epinephelus_lanceolatus_vicky_newman_450.jpg

centurion;333811 said:
Which car company wouldn't like to target the Turbo?

This is the W140 S-Class which I affectionately call Garoupa... it's not an universal word, it's a word which me and my bunch of merc enthusiasts use. We use Garoupa not because we hate that car, it was Bruno sacco's masterpiece, he said in his book.

PerverTT;333836 said:
That doesn't look like a garoupa at all.

In fact it doesn't look too bad, it reminds me of a well cut Hugo Boss suit.

And that pic looks like it belong to some Yakuza members...Yakuzas' would look very good in one of those.

Also known as the 'TANK'...which was really scary but nowadays got more tanks on the road too - 7er, Phantom, Bentley...you name it, all TANKS !

centurion;333838 said:
today's garoupa is really the R35 GTR.

I think the Porker looks mostly like an ugly fish...esp the turbo with the whale tail...kekeke

typical merc...kiasu... the tri star so big... scared u roam around geylang the girls cannot see...

BMW dont put propeller badge as big as our heads right...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manueldevecchicom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back