AA Report for kind advice

Re: AA Report for kind advice

My advise is look for another e60, dont tempted by its bodykit or rims.
The ex owner sold this car maybe due to major worn out on most wear and tear parts, not cheap if repair all and maybe more to come like gearbox and pumps.
I been through tortured by my e60 real bad, try get another better condition one.

Chris, appreciate the kind advice.

The dealer thrown in 2 years warranty for gearbox and engine, i.e. if there is any repair needed down the road, they will undertake it including the cost.

I had told them to fix the current condition of dampness on the engine and gearbox. The problem is that I am not sure what is the exact cause or which parts should be replaced for this issue, hence unable to verify if they will indeed fix the root cause. Hopefully you or fellow forumer can advise further

For the shock absorber stopper & dust cover, they informed me that these are wear and tear, hence I can fix them in my own workshop. Again, I am not too sure what will be the cost like, hence had not commit if I will do that or not. Again hope you or other kind forumer can advise further.

For the battery, I am ok to replace it at my cost since it is a 2nd hand car.

For the rest like restraint system issue, they had committed to rectify it.

For the paintwork done, I thought since AAS did not mention about chassis damage, I presume that it is a minor hit and they probably just did cosmetic touch up.

Hope you can shed more advice.

Thanks.

All promise from dealer, need to write down black and white in formal standard, verbal. . . . . no way.
If suspension, complete set with bup mstop and top mount , no more than 1k if you buy from eng soon, and get it replace by workshop you like. I did it at friend shop for real low price in jurong. Also try nego for lower price, lolz.

Will the dealer be around still to honor the deal ?

The 2-years warranty was captured in the sales agreement.

A disclaimer was added that if engine and gearbox have problems and car with major accident from the AAS report, I will pull out of the deal.

Because I am unsure of the severity of the problems from the report, hence did not thought about pulling the plug.

What I told them to do was to rectify those issue in their workshop, give me a black and white of what had been done, and I am good to complete the deal.

Again, Chris, do we need to replace the entire suspension when it is reported that only the dust cover and stopper is torn?

Btw, can you pm me your w/s contact. :)

Thanks.

christopher ngo;1117808 said:
All promise from dealer, need to write down black and white in formal standard, verbal. . . . . no way.
If suspension, complete set with bup mstop and top mount , no more than 1k if you buy from eng soon, and get it replace by workshop you like. I did it at friend shop for real low price in jurong. Also try nego for lower price, lolz.

I certainly hope so.

It was claimed that 3rd party insurance was bought which specialized in insuring conti gearbox and engine problem.

Prior to that, when I was shopping in Turf city, a similar scheme was also offered to me.

14m3;1117810 said:
Will the dealer be around still to honor the deal ?

Is this an e60 with a n46 or n52 engine ?

Did AA managed to have a look at the engine or gearbox stats ?

Bro, not too sure which engine is that.

Whichever check is done by AAS, it is reflected in the report.

I also did a quick search in the AAS website: AA Singapore Community

Apparently, gearbox and engine is part of their check; but it could be very surface.

Red_Bean_Bun;1117847 said:
Is this an e60 with a n46 or n52 engine ?

Did AA managed to have a look at the engine or gearbox stats ?

If the dealer makes good of everything and they are able to provide the invoice and provide the warranty, it is probably ok since it is left with two years too.

Shared the same sentiment.

The only thing is how to ensure they really fixed those things from their own workshop.

Wonder if we can do a verification with another workshop after the repair to determine if they really did those they claimed?

davidaxltay;1117866 said:
If the dealer makes good of everything and they are able to provide the invoice and provide the warranty, it is probably ok since it is left with two years too.

I would 200% run away from this car and not even bother to ask for further advices (with this kind of AA report).

But I can feel that thread starter is more or less set to buy already, just waiting for some encouragement here.

My 2 cents worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes .... You can send to your preferred workshop to verify the faults are rectified provided they are agreeable. If they are not, the dealer is probably not honest.

The AA report seem to be alluding to an accident ?

The oil leaks AA reported spans from the oil sump up to the gearbox .... its quite a big job to repair.

gerrick74;1117865 said:
Bro, not too sure which engine is that.

Whichever check is done by AAS, it is reflected in the report.

I also did a quick search in the AAS website: AA Singapore Community

Apparently, gearbox and engine is part of their check; but it could be very surface.

mch80;1117895 said:
I would 200% run away from this car and not even bother to ask for further advices (with this kind of AA report).

But I can feel that thread starter is more or less set to buy already, just waiting for some encouragement here.

My 2 cents worth.

smarti pants!
at least all are repairable!. not that bad lar...... 8 years old car! what u expect??

Gerrick......... those reported doesn't seem like a major issue TO ME.........

but please read the fine print of what are WEAR and TEAR....... if not your backside will tear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88events
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back