AA Report for kind advice

Re: AA Report for kind advice

Since you were on the line with AA - any chance that pulled out the fault or shadow codes for you ?

Fuel trims or intake numbers look ok ?

gerrick74;1118152 said:
Bro, I just called AAS today for them to help elaborate the report. Below the reply:

1. Most BMW especially >5years will have engine and GB seepage. The workshop is the one that can determine what needs to be done exactly.
2. No major accident for the car. It could be a "hit the carpark pillar" incident.
3. The dust cover and stopper can be replaced. Worst case for multi-link is that it may need to be replaced. Suspension seems alright.
4. For the restraint system, normally it is due to sensor fault. The workshop can rectify that.
5. AAS can perform a re-evaluation after the car is rectify with a lower cost than a full evaluation.

Yes, you make a good point. I should ask them on the monetary cap they will put for repairs to gauge if they are realistic and not overselling.

And I did place a deposit with disclaimer on engine, GB and no major accident.

Thanks for sharing bro. This is the sort of thing that will happen -> argument starts and things turn out ugly.

What happen to us as the consumer? We can win the case and our pride, but lack resources or energy to enforce it if they choose to ignore the result.

Which is why you are right; set the expectation correct and if things are not realistic, then most likely the dealer had degraded to overselling.

As a potential buyer for an 8 yo car, I wanted to set realistic expectation for myself of the worst outcome that can happen.

So till now, the buying process is still on-going slowly.

mercuryz;1118157 said:
In all fairness if AA stands by what they say and the chassis is good then no major accident has occurred. I was reading a post on another forum (hope its okay to link here), basically its similar on how the dealer warranty the GB but in the end also play around. Not saying your dealer chao kuan but its important they manage your expectations this way everyone happy, hope for the best expect the worse kind of thing. E60 is a great ride, if the car is relatively fuss free I have no doubts you will enjoy it making any minor maintenance worth it.

Beware of 2nd Hand Car Dealers(Part 2) - Blacklist Here! - Page 32 - Complaints - MyCarForum.com

actually if I saw the AA report, I already sian liao. So many things need to replace, so much wear and tear. Obviously previous owner didn't take care of the car and just drive until time to change oil then go any WS to do so. When I had my E60, the diagnostics before I sold it off came back with very minor stuff like "change windscreen wiper" and "rear tyre uneven wear, alignment required".

You die die must buy this car ahh?

MW, so actually how long do we need to go for servicing? Every time i go servicing, my meter was reset to 12k.

Bro, it is not die-die must buy. I can back out and at most forfeit the deposit.

However, I don't have a good grasp if the issues are considered major or minor for a 8 years old car and feedback are mixed.

I want to see if my mitigation request works, i.e. they repair those issues and include a stronger warranty clause in the sales agreement. If it does, then hopefully most of my risks should be covered and the rest I guess are inherent risks in buying a 2H car which all buyers have to bear.

There is one more thing which hope you can advise.

The car is a PI car. Any diff between a PML and PI? Is there more risk or quality issue with PI car?

TIA.

MW;1118182 said:
actually if I saw the AA report, I already sian liao. So many things need to replace, so much wear and tear. Obviously previous owner didn't take care of the car and just drive until time to change oil then go any WS to do so. When I had my E60, the diagnostics before I sold it off came back with very minor stuff like "change windscreen wiper" and "rear tyre uneven wear, alignment required".

You die die must buy this car ahh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro Chris, now my "gian-ness" had died down >50%.

But dunno how to back out from the deal w/o losing my deposit.

Cause I dun have solid facts to say that these are major issues when even AAS echoed the same.

Any good idea you can pm me. :)

christopher ngo;1118243 said:
Gerrick still gian on that E60 arr?

gerrick74;1118244 said:
Bro Chris, now my "gian-ness" had died down >50%.

But dunno how to back out from the deal w/o losing my deposit.

Cause I dun have solid facts to say that these are major issues when even AAS echoed the same.

Any good idea you can pm me. :)

If the dealer refuse to return back deposit, why dont look for another car, maybe they more willing to accept it compare to refund.

Good idea!

Let me talk to the dealer tomorrow. :)

christopher ngo;1118246 said:
If the dealer refuse to return back deposit, why dont look for another car, maybe they more willing to accept it compare to refund.

Bro, just wanted to share with you that I had collected my car.

It was a marvellous experience and like to thank you and the rest of the brothers here for the help and advice. :)

christopher ngo;1118814 said:
Gerrick, camry lolz. Everlasting.

I bet its tat same E60 hahahah

I think gerrick bought more worst condition one.
Repair and restore a LJ e60 to almost brand new e60, is a kind of satisfaction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88events
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back