Ac Schnitzer 116i/118i Engine Tuning

Re: Ac Schnitzer 116i/118i Engine Tuning

The 116 numbers look very good, yet they couldn't do the same for the 118!

From 136/170hp to 200hp, could the brake work as effectively as before the mod?

Having 500hp and doing 125km/hr on PIE does not require more brake to stop than having 100hp and doing 125km/hr. Why 125km/hr? Hearsay it is the sweet spot, over 129km/hr at speed trap=must go court liao? True bo?

Something is wrong with the number...why 136hp to 200hp, but 0-100km/hr only improve by split second nia. In fact, it is actually slower than a 320i that is heavier and has less power? Top speed also still the same, speed limiter at 210?

Slow_poke_driver;951892 said:
Having 500hp and doing 125km/hr on PIE does not require more brake to stop than having 100hp and doing 125km/hr. Why 125km/hr? Hearsay it is the sweet spot, over 129km/hr at speed trap=must go court liao? True bo?

Something is wrong with the number...why 136hp to 200hp, but 0-100km/hr only improve by split second nia. In fact, it is actually slower than a 320i that is heavier and has less power? Top speed also still the same, speed limiter at 210?

UK forum had the same doubt as well....

here's the thread...

I am not so worried about the figures. Figures are figures, nothing beat the increased power and handling...

116i tuning?? - BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com

AC Schnitzer tuning - BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com

I have previous check the price with Autovox.
We are looking at $5k+ for this mod. It a piggyback.

SIAO! Can buy 2 x kellener Sports piggy. Never believe in paying so much for a piggy.

Forrestgum;951963 said:
SIAO! Can buy 2 x kellener Sports piggy. Never believe in paying so much for a piggy.

I agreed.. The price is too steep, that y i drop off the idea..

Forrestgum;951963 said:

I agreed.. The price is too steep, that y i drop off the idea..

hmmmm a piggy is resellable whereas a remap mean money spent....but 5k+ for a piggy is ridiculous...

superlimau said:
hmmmm a piggy is resellable whereas a remap mean money spent....

Aiyo, resale price of the mods (especially a tune) should not be the actual concern at all.......

There are more concerns between a piggy vs a flash/remap. Both serve to augment the parameters of air-fuel ratio and ignition timing. A piggyback takes signals from sensors and modifies the readings to trick your ECU into reading a different value. On ignition timing, however, the numbers are not always consistent with the changes you make to the load sensor, whether its your map, or MAF sensor. Just guessing the timing numbers. The stock ECU also has multiple maps for different conditions so you are not always consistent with the tune. Just one aspect to take note.

This topic has been discussed too many times here over the years. Please read up before executing a mod like this. Nothing beats research. Not even hearsay.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/engine...479-summary-aftermarket-ecus-controllers.html

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/engine...ection/3289-adaptation-electronic-tuning.html

derekm36;961223 said:
Has anyone tried Swiss Chiptech or Speed Buster?

Yes, some of the guys have. Not good feedback generally.

derekm36;961311 said:
Can I have more info please? Thanks!

Use the bloody search feature pls.

We are not here to spoonfed you.

mai tu leow. do it. pay 116 price get 118 power. new ARF issues means u need to save money when u can!

ben1;961452 said:
Use the bloody search feature pls.

We are not here to spoonfed you.
I actually did but somehow couldn't find much info or direct comparison between Swiss Chiptech and Speed Buster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vl88vnco
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back