Adaptive headlights - turns off one right head lamp when turn left

Fluidspin

Anyone experience their right head lamp turning off when you do a left full turn? It's definitely my adaptive head lights screwing things up because when I turn the light switch to the 2 o'clock position (manual headlights turn on), no such error will occur.

I'm driving a pre LCI e60 525.

Also whenever it happens, sometimes when I manage to turn right, the bulb comes back on again. But if I don't get to do so, an error will pop up telling me that it's a dimmed headlamp failure.

So does anyone know if the wiring could be an issue? If not I was thinking if turning off the adaptive headlights portion if possible and but still leaving the auto light function capability. Just don't have adaptive capability.

Thanks folks!

Re: Adaptive headlights - turns off one right head lamp when turn left

Please check your headlight internal wiring , i have a problem which light keep on and off when over hump or uneven road result of internal wiring insulation all cracked and contact each other, also giving me unpleasant noise on audio system. After replacement headlight, no more audio noise and light cut in-put eliminated.

Also check if there's any loose contact on headlight wiring.

my pre lci e60 525 headlights passenger side wire all cracked and shorted also...

did a search with many ws... majority rejects repairing the wires... very tedious job with no guarantee of full remedy.

Only way is to replace the entire set...

p.s. I did went to a ws n they managed to "accidently" repaired the wiring.. by pumping in glue onto the wires and somehow it works for a while... then it shorted again... so I open the cover n poke poke the wire... Magic! it works again... LOL...

So if u wanna better remedy it... buy new headlamps :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Do not try repair by outside workshop cincai cincai , end up you will cost more than a brand new headlight.

did approach steven, tho he could not do the 525 adaptive headlight but he did recommend me to call 2277. Cool brudder Steven.

Red_Bean_Bun;1058758 said:
Ask Bimshop if can help ?

Thanks folks for the replies!

Actually it's fine now...the right side headlight doesn't turn off now whenever I turn left. And before that, when the issue was still present, I always had to turn the light switch to 2 o'clock position to rectify the issue.

And I did change my headlights from 2277 before this happened. It was a blown left headlight back then. But I don't think there is anything to do with them. My first impression was that the maybe the wiring had some issue and when I informed Kelvin from 2277, he asked me to let him have a look. But before I could do so, all is well now. But still I hope this lasts....touch wood... (by the way, the bulbs are from Bimshop)...

Fluidspin;1059517 said:
Thanks folks for the replies!

Actually it's fine now...the right side headlight doesn't turn off now whenever I turn left. And before that, when the issue was still present, I always had to turn the light switch to 2 o'clock position to rectify the issue.

And I did change my headlights from 2277 before this happened. It was a blown left headlight back then. But I don't think there is anything to do with them. My first impression was that the maybe the wiring had some issue and when I informed Kelvin from 2277, he asked me to let him have a look. But before I could do so, all is well now. But still I hope this lasts....touch wood... (by the way, the bulbs are from Bimshop)...

So the responsible is holding half by bimshop, half by 2277, lolz .

christopher ngo;1059520 said:
So the responsible is holding half by bimshop, half by 2277, lolz .

Haha. No lah. Old car liao. Anything can happen and I already wanted to somehow turn off the Adaptive headlight thingy if at all possible to mitigate the issue.

Maybe the rough roads conditions vibrate it until ok .......

Red_Bean_Bun;1059590 said:
Maybe the rough roads conditions vibrate it until ok .......

Maybe bro but kena toto maybe higher chance. Haha but really don't know why.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back