Advice Needed : Brake Pad Indicator Light

Go BVO, get Agritz, less brake dust, pay much much less and give PML a miss....[/quote]

Hi! Winston

May i knw where is BVO located? and how much does it cost to change the brake pad??

thx :)

lyne_ho said:
ryan said:
Lyne,

You can check out the workshop details here. :)

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/workshops.php

Hi! Ryan

Thx for ur reply.

Need to change my brake pad, the light indicator oready shown.

This my 3rd time oready the prev rear and front brake pad changed it in PML cost me $200++ really broke.

Do u have any idea how long the brake pad can last??
Lyne, it really depends on your driving style and how hard you drive.

Some brake pads last only a few, less than 8 months with an aggressive driver. Some last more than 1 1/2 years. It really depends.

You may wish to call up some of the workshops listed to get a rough quote.

Sometimes it may be because your brake sensor wire has snapped, that cost only 15$ if im not wrong. It happened to me before :)

The usual BMW workshops everyone goes to, in no particular order, Juzz4cars, BVO & Riverview.

When you go there, they will check which pads need to be changed etc, and will advise you accordingly. Do remember to ask clearly, which need and DO NOT NEED to be changed. Don't be a carrot! If in doubt, ask any one of the members to follow you down ;)

Cheers!

lyne_ho said:
ryan said:
Lyne,

You can check out the workshop details here. :)

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/workshops.php

Hi! Ryan

Thx for ur reply.

Need to change my brake pad, the light indicator oready shown.

This my 3rd time oready the prev rear and front brake pad changed it in PML cost me $200++ really broke.

Do u have any idea how long the brake pad can last??

Hi ! Lyne Ho.

Go to BVO and tell them that you are from BMW forum.

I believed they will not over-charge you :)

Hi! Ryan & BMW Silver

Thx for urs advise.Will send my car down to BVO one of these day.

Me really broke liao..Everytime sends my car to PML at least cost me $400-$800++ for servicing and changed of brake pad. tat's y i was wondering how come my brake pad need to be changed so freq.

lyne_ho said:
Hi! Ryan & BMW Silver

Thx for urs advise.Will send my car down to BVO one of these day.

Me really broke liao..Everytime sends my car to PML at least cost me $400-$800++ for servicing and changed of brake pad. tat's y i was wondering how come my brake pad need to be changed so freq.

Wah u still wait for a few days?? Better get it replace ASAP. Brake is very important! Look for Bernard (Owner of BVO)

BTW, how frequent is frequent?

lyne_ho said:
less than 25000KM

Wah... tats very low mileage to wear out the pads. I can go for 2-3 track days and still clock another 20K mileage (more highway driving).

tat's y....i need to change it for every inspection...if not the front must be the rear Sigh!

lyne_ho said:
tat's y....i need to change it for every inspection...if not the front must be the rear Sigh!

Ok... then its not so bad after all cos you change the brake pads alternately.

So effectively, each set of brake pads lasted about 50K. Tats reasonable.

Cheers!

Brake Pads

==========[/quote]Adrain u mau like to try Agritz, Aussie product. Reduces break dust at least 80%. Just changed mine at BVO & they do servicing too, you can also look at workshops like J4C, tropical success etc.[/quote]
Hi AC Boy,

Understand that you do comment on the Agritz Brake Pads, for it's performance, quality & the cleaniness.

What the pricing for the front & rear you got it done at BVO? Anyway, mine is a E46 318i Pre FL.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogohiephienvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back