• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Advice Needed for Buying a '93 318IA

edmund

Hello,

I'm looking at a '93 318IA that's supposedly in very good condition and with only 1 Owner. What kind of fuel consumption and maintenance am I looking at?... Can anyone advise? Also, is 35k a reasonable price? Thanks!

E

Re: Advice Needed for Buying a '93 318IA

hmz 1 owner?? sounds gd...have u checked the log card??
n since its been kept for so long under 1 owner...u might wan to ask for the service record...nothin beats having that, no matter how good or maintained it looks...yup

consumption should be bout 8 to 10km/l, again it depends on ur driving, and well if u ask me 35's a slgihtly steep price, i would say smth close to 30's fine...yupz

maintenance could come from various things like the air con compressor which has a tendancy to spoil at its age, the steering rack, n prob the solenoids in the auto box, belts...
a host of stuff, so best if u can get the servicing records....

btw i drive a 96 e36 316 manual n it cost me bout 28k, yup..got tt bout june this year..

Hi ... i am also getting a 93" 318 soon .... I like to find out the following :

1) Where to service it at a reasonable rate
2) I am also thinking of getting a front body kit like the enclosed pic... how much and where i can fix it with a new coat of paintjob

Hello ALL,

Thanks for the advice(s)! Will probably arrange for test drive and check out condition of car... supposedly only 70k mileage by 1 owner! Guess that might be a redeeming factor.. anyway, will keep everyone posted and let you all know how it goes. Thanks again!

E

bodykit good.... side vents bad

Hi Edmund,
Good luck on your ride buddy. Hope they didnt do anything to manipulate the milage. 79K for 1 owner for 12 years sounds too good to be true. then again, you might get a gem. Servicings is normal for a car that age. Pretty much wear and tear have occured. But once rectified, all should be sweet. I got a mechanic that does bimmers only, and he's pretty good. Anyway i drive a E36 318 manual.
hey jason3s, great if we can meet up and exchange notes, cos us "manuals", are a few lot. keep posted guys.
runner71

Runner71 said:
Hi Edmund,
Good luck on your ride buddy. Hope they didnt do anything to manipulate the milage. 79K for 1 owner for 12 years sounds too good to be true. then again, you might get a gem. Servicings is normal for a car that age. Pretty much wear and tear have occured. But once rectified, all should be sweet. I got a mechanic that does bimmers only, and he's pretty good. Anyway i drive a E36 318 manual.
hey jason3s, great if we can meet up and exchange notes, cos us "manuals", are a few lot. keep posted guys.
runner71
I've heard it said its very difficult to manipulate the speedos in this model - which is probably why I recently saw one with over THREE HUNDRED thousand kms in the clock... Any other model and the dealer would wind it back a bit!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back