• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Advice needed for changing rims...

Re: Advice needed for changing rims...

jinooi said:
the king has spoken!
King your head lah. The KING is at UM2......

Definitely try to avoid repliica wheels. Try Autovox for ACS. I got 19 inch Breyton wheels from them a few months back (in place of the stock 18 inch wheels), and that really resolved the look and the drive.

kenntona;335109 said:
King your head lah. The KING is at UM2......

the one king meh?

anyways that king is out of town. u the interim king...

jinooi;335097 said:
various schools of thought... there's a thread somewhere discussing this... not only rims, also includes bodykits, etc. etc.

have my own opinion, but that's another story for another day...

if money is not a prob, of course go for the original lah! peace of mind, higher resale value, comes with warranty should anything go wrong, bragging rights, the list goes on...

buzz;335111 said:
Definitely try to avoid repliica wheels. Try Autovox for ACS. I got 19 inch Breyton wheels from them a few months back (in place of the stock 18 inch wheels), and that really resolved the look and the drive.

kenntona;335104 said:
Avoid the replicas. IMO, the most important things in your car at high speed are - brakes, rims, tyres......... dun bet your live on replicas.

Ya, that's what i think also.. PEACE OF MIND... If not in future headache.. :) So replicas' OUT!!

Btw Kenn, saw your thread that you've PM me, REALLY nice wheels you've there, feeling very tempted to change to your side.. :) But got few questions to ask before i made up my mind so pls dont mind. (Rem, i'm an idiot in this field.. lol~)

What's so good abt BMW wheels except for the name & later resale value?

What's the selling point of your wheels beside "Chio"?

Anything nearer to the design i like beside S20? ((You can see the wheels i like on pg 1))

What much will you take in for my original BMW wheels? Model : 17" Styling 244.

How much is for your SL 5, S10 & S20? Should i take a 19" or 20" for it?

Will be waiting anxiously for your reply. :) :)

if you're going for looks. E60 should be on 20" cos its deep dish. 19" will be fine, cheaper, more comfortable compares to 20". either 19" or 20" lowering is a must.

acupunch;335549 said:
if you're going for looks. E60 should be on 20" cos its deep dish. 19" will be fine, cheaper, more comfortable compares to 20". either 19" or 20" lowering is a must.

Thanks bro, will take note of that. :)

L&Cmotorsports;335565 said:
While you're considering wheels from well known brands like DPE, do also look at similar brands like HRE, iForged, and NEEZ - all of whom have local agents.

Shameless plug (admins: please edit this post if not appropriate):

NEEZ : http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/l-c-motorsports/24934-neez.html

iForged : http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/l-c-motorsports/25288-iforged-performance-alloys.html

Wow, some fantanstic wheels you have there!

would like to check the price for 19" & 20" -

(Neez) Euro Cross Super, RS One.& (iForged ) VIP Label illusion.

Also checked with you what's the meaning for 2-Piece Forged Wheels & 3-Piece Forged Wheels?

So if i shall take the wheels from you does it includes things like lowering suspension & alignment? (I dun even know is this needed in the 1st place & what offseting required....)

Schvoski;335800 said:
Thanks bro, will take note of that. :)

Wow, some fantanstic wheels you have there!

would like to check the price for 19" & 20" -

(Neez) Euro Cross Super, RS One.& (iForged ) VIP Label illusion.

Also checked with you what's the meaning for 2-Piece Forged Wheels & 3-Piece Forged Wheels?

So if i shall take the wheels from you does it includes things like lowering suspension & alignment? (I dun even know is this needed in the 1st place & what offseting required....)

Hey pal,

Original BMW (or any OE wheels for that matter) wheels are in my opinion too pricey for what they offer, in terms of looks and performance. However, they do give that factory look for those who prefer so and there is always the question of warranty for some owners.

As for the difference between 1-Piece, 2-Piece and 3-Piece wheels, there are many resources out there but here's a quick explanation...

Modular or multi-piece wheels are available in 2-piece or 3-piece versions. A 2-piece wheel consists of a barrel, with the face of the wheel affixed, via mounting or assembly bolts to the barrel. A 3-piece wheel consists of the face of the wheel, an inner and outer rim section which are all bolted together to form one wheel. Modular wheels generally cost more but offer a more sophisticated, elegant, and sporty look. Another advantage with modular wheels is that they may be repaired, usually by replacing the damaged portion of the wheel only.

1-piece (or monobloc) wheels, manufactured from single piece of raw material are typically preferred for their performance (e.g. track, race) as are typically lighter and stronger.

Ultimately, the quality of alloys used will affect the weight, strength and durability of the wheels. Also, the performance of an alloy wheel is a direct result of the manufacturing technique employed. There are cast, semi-forged, and forged wheels - but within each of these are various manufacturing processes that are better than others. So all wheels are not made the same.

Disclaimer: I am no real wheel expert... I just sell them! :)

I will PM you on the price quotes and details for the NEEZ and iForged wheels for your ride.

come to the meetup tmr..i will explain whatever u wanna know...

too lazy to type here...

btw..theres nothing good about bmw wheels...no resale value...and its very heavy...

unless you are talking about M166 and M167 the only 2 wheels with resale value ATM

L&Cmotorsports;335824 said:
Hey pal,

Original BMW (or any OE wheels for that matter) wheels are in my opinion too pricey for what they offer, in terms of looks and performance. However, they do give that factory look for those who prefer so and there is always the question of warranty for some owners.

As for the difference between 1-Piece, 2-Piece and 3-Piece wheels, there are many resources out there but here's a quick explanation...

Modular or multi-piece wheels are available in 2-piece or 3-piece versions. A 2-piece wheel consists of a barrel, with the face of the wheel affixed, via mounting or assembly bolts to the barrel. A 3-piece wheel consists of the face of the wheel, an inner and outer rim section which are all bolted together to form one wheel. Modular wheels generally cost more but offer a more sophisticated, elegant, and sporty look. Another advantage with modular wheels is that they may be repaired, usually by replacing the damaged portion of the wheel only.

1-piece (or monobloc) wheels, manufactured from single piece of raw material are typically preferred for their performance (e.g. track, race) as are typically lighter and stronger.

Ultimately, the quality of alloys used will affect the weight, strength and durability of the wheels. Also, the performance of an alloy wheel is a direct result of the manufacturing technique employed. There are cast, semi-forged, and forged wheels - but within each of these are various manufacturing processes that are better than others. So all wheels are not made the same.

Disclaimer: I am no real wheel expert... I just sell them! :)

I will PM you on the price quotes and details for the NEEZ and iForged wheels for your ride.

Cool~ Thanks for the effort in explainng, appreciated that very much. Alright, shall wait for your quotation then :)

Terry;335828 said:
come to the meetup tmr..i will explain whatever u wanna know...

too lazy to type here...

btw..theres nothing good about bmw wheels...no resale value...and its very heavy...

unless you are talking about M166 and M167 the only 2 wheels with resale value ATM

I see.. So how abt the wheels by Neez?

Sorry bro, tmrw i need to work leh... But will try to go for the meet up next time so pls dont mind huh~ :)

Schvoski,

Lemme answer your queries one at a time.

What's the selling point of your wheels beside "Chio"?
Most BMW wheels are cast alloys, with the exception of few models (M6 design is forged). They are HEAVY. I will not comment on the "name & later resale value" because I will take an opposite view to that. Besides weight, the biggest selling point for lipped wheels like DPE, iForged, HRE is - customisation. You choose the design, colour of the spokes, lip width....... In essence you are paying lower prices for a set of wheels customised to your own liking, compared to BMW wheels.

Anything nearer to the design i like beside S20? ((You can see the wheels i like on pg 1))
S20 looks the best on your 5er...... wun go wrong.....
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/wheels/24690-dpe-signature-series-price-list.html
R16?
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/wheels/24992-dpe-r-series-price-list.html

We dun do trade-in.

How much is for your SL 5, S10 & S20? Should i take a 19" or 20" for it?
I will need to know your tyre needs and hence sizes. For an E60, go for 20".

Lowering the cars, either via lowering springs or coilovers is another topic altogether. But Wheels does supply coilovers brands like KW2 or PSS10. Alignment has to be done on your own. Offset is designed to flush-fit your car.

I'm quite shocked how weak my M rims are... Per Ken, cast alloy.. heavy but weak?

Was reversing into a side lot yesterday at dempsey... my left rear merely touched the curb.. touch only.. didnt even bua.. one 2 inch got chipped off.. my heart also chipped.. cui...

Anyway a consideration for you... in terms of material strength.. in that sense.

BryanK said:
I'm quite shocked how weak my M rims are... Per Ken, cast alloy.. heavy but weak?
Bryan, to clarify between forged and cast alloys:

Forging uses the process of intense heat and pressure to mould the alloy into the final shape of the wheel. Forged alum is about 300% stronger than cast alum, yet less alloy is needed to produce the same size wheel - hence a stronger, but lighter product. Because of basic limitations in the forging process, most forged wheels like DPE, iForged and HRE are two or three piece wheels. In the two-piece wheels, the centre spoke is forged and welded or bolted into a spun or stamped outer barrel (lip). In the three-piece design, the centre spoke is bolted to an inner and an outer barrel half. This stands as an advantage of being easily customisable for a variety of widths and offsets. In both cases, the spokes are forged, but the barrel is not, but typically chromed steel. Do note that Neez and Schmeiden are one-piece forged wheels.

Casting is a cheaper way. Two methods - (1) Gravity casting where the molten alloy is poured into a mold and allowed to cool. (2) Low pressure or negative pressure casting, where the molten alloy is drawn up into the mould using a high-pressure vacuum. This eliminates much of the trapped air found in gravity casting process, producing a wheel that is less porous than a gravity-cast one. Nevertheless, the cast alloys are not as strong as the forged versions.

BryanK said:
... my left rear merely touched the curb.. touch only.. didnt even bua.. one 2 inch got chipped off.. my heart also chipped.. cui...
On the side? Can fix lah, bro.

Nice information bro..

Ok now casting process truly sound cheap compared to the complexity of forging..

Bro, recommend a good place to fix?

BryanK said:
Bro, recommend a good place to fix?
South East, Hurry, Yew Lip..........

BryanK;336917 said:
Ok now casting process truly sound cheap compared to the complexity of forging..

There are forged/cast wheels and there are forged/cast wheels. It all comes down to the actual manufacturing process used. Not all forged/cast wheels are created the same.

Forging using 8,000 ton hydraulic press machines are the best there is in the market currently if I'm not wrong. During forging, the 8,000 ton press compresses the aluminium billet’s molecular structure into an extremely organized pattern that guarantees the optimum strength of the aluminum. A handful of wheel brands use this method currently to create very strong and lightweight forged wheels, e.g. NEEZ, Champion Motorsport, RAC, Radenergie (only wheel centers are forged), etc.

As for casting, gravity casting, low pressure casting and spun-rim/flow-forming, etc all yield wheels with different strength and weight.

One more thing is the raw material used. Most quality wheels use aerospace grade 6061 aluminium.

Thanks bro...alot of info we dun know..
and u reinforced the strength of forging..
i say.. that's a lesson, learn it fellows!

kenntona;336925 said:
South East, Hurry, Yew Lip..........

Thanks bro.. sometimes i think higher profile tyres will save us from these trouble...

BryanK said:
Thanks bro.. sometimes i think higher profile tyres will save us from these trouble...
If it is kerbing/curbing from the sides, higher profile tyres ain't gonna give you the protection either. But do not that different brands of tyres have different shapes - example CSC3 has a indentation to protect the lip of the wheels, while PS2 is more rounded - the lip of the wheels is protruded.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back