Advice Needed: GT3 vs AM V8 vs R8 vs LFA vs GTR

Re: Advice Needed: GT3 vs AM V8 vs R8 vs LFA vs GTR

caySman;240339 said:
Have not driven any of them save the 996 GT3. My thoughts based on what I've read and heard:

For me, the choice would clearly be the R8. The 8 cyl version, simply because I won't miss the extra 2 cylinders in normal use for occassional track and mostly street as a daily driver.

Thanks alot for your inputs. I am seriously considering the R8, just waiting for a test drive. I believe nothing beats a proper test drive and seeing the car in "real"! Just wished that SA had a C2S for test drive.

bleachberu;240393 said:
TripleM,

U reckon there will be many owners letting go of their GT3s in the near future? Do u know how many new orders we have in SG?

I may be keen on purchasing a used one later. :)

ps: my apologies if I hijacked this thread. My vote is on the GT3 Harry1. (if you don't track, the R8 seems like a good buy. Aston is beautiful but maintenance support is poor here. Re-sale (may not matter to u) will be an issue as well IMO. In any case, all fine cars...good luck!

Cheers,
B

B - thanks alot for your input. It seems that the vote is between GT3 and R8.

"Maybe a R8 in white could be an interesting colour. "

This was my dream car n color dude...but prob was dat juz like u, i hate to order a ride without even seeing the car. n worse, still, no confirmed pricing by Premium....never mind the long wait.

This car's looks can kill....n dat is all i care actuali, but for u, maybe u shld wait for the V10 dude. V8 wil b too slow for u i tink if M5 cannot satisfy u.

Y go for Gong Li when u can hav Zhang Zi Yi....err, or is it other way round?

Cheers
Ivan

The R8 price had long be confirmed at $495k per piece. 13 units were sold so far with the first batch of owners chosed their option and colour about a month back. The first first batch of 5 cars shld be arriving around late Oct to Nov 07. The other 8 pieces were all next year production. If u order one down, u will likely need to wait till late 2008 or 2009 for delivery.

Welbo;240742 said:
The R8 price had long be confirmed at $495k per piece. 13 units were sold so far with the first batch of owners chosed their option and colour about a month back. The first first batch of 5 cars shld be arriving around late Oct to Nov 07. The other 8 pieces were all next year production. If u order one down, u will likely need to wait till late 2008 or 2009 for delivery.

Welbo, maybe they tink i not there so tell me excuses la...sigh, life.....but seriously, dat was the msg i got leh, strange. bt it cld be bcos i asked early, around april tis year. bt to wait to end 08 or early 09? i tink i wait for Fann Wong to love me easier...

so heard u ordered white? chio leh....congrats

Cheers

ACSCAB2;240710 said:
"Maybe a R8 in white could be an interesting colour. "

This was my dream car n color dude...but prob was dat juz like u, i hate to order a ride without even seeing the car. n worse, still, no confirmed pricing by Premium....never mind the long wait.

This car's looks can kill....n dat is all i care actuali, but for u, maybe u shld wait for the V10 dude. V8 wil b too slow for u i tink if M5 cannot satisfy u.

Y go for Gong Li when u can hav Zhang Zi Yi....err, or is it other way round?

Cheers
Ivan

Hi Ivan

I think I would agree with you that in any other colour, the R8 is not as enticing! Great minds think alike !

Agreed that premium has confirmed price (at S$495k and not even a single cent discount) and spec/option sheet (car is very generously specced already IMHO eg B&O sound system, Navigation, Xenon, Full Leather, DSG, Magentic ride etc.. the only possible option is the lighting for the engine compartment and maybe the piano black finish for the inlay). I think the V8 is sufficient la, the V10 will be an overkill and the price will most prob be in the 570-580 range (or maybe even more!)

I was told that the R8 will arrive in SIN in mid October and suprisingly a test drive vehicle will BE provided but they will be very selective in allowing clients to test drive the car. However on the OMV they will only know once the first car is registered.

I will most prob decide by end October. Delivery for the cars (if order by end October) is either 2Q or 3Q 2008.

Thanks again

Harry1;240794 said:
I was told that the R8 will arrive in SIN in mid October and suprisingly a test drive vehicle will BE provided but they will be very selective in allowing clients to test drive the car. However on the OMV they will only know once the first car is registered.

Can test? Can test??? OMG! Serene!!!! Please!!! I wanna test! C'mon I tried to introduce so many ppl to your TT and TTR ...

caySman;240798 said:
Can test? Can test??? OMG! Serene!!!! Please!!! I wanna test! C'mon I tried to introduce so many ppl to your TT and TTR ...

I wan to test drive Serene too....is tis a new model?

Triple M

Thanks for your inputs. I am still considering the GT3 but SA just increased their prices by S$13-14k (now retails at $516k). The R8 now retails at $495k but the spec is quite generous (Magnetic suspension, "DSG" gearbox, full leather, xenon, B&O system, Navigation etc...). Really there is no need for any options! (except for maybe the lighting for the engine compartment which is quite reasonable at S$2.3k).

All in prices (incl. options) at a guess: 1. GT3 - S$525k 2. AMV8 Sportshiftt- $570k 3. R8 - S$502k

Maybe a R8 in white could be an interesting colour.

Am suprised that SA has no 997s for test drives! Wow - demand must really be outstripping supply.

Thanks buddy

Wow ...nice to hear the base price has gone up hehe..

R8 at 502k seems v attractive for the kind of performance n sophistication it offers.
So far RS4 resale seems to be holding well so I'd expect the rare R8 will be of similar scenario.

FWIW, go for R8....How can u resist DSG ? :)

I thought the R8 does not have DSG yet. It uses the SMG type robotized manual, or 6-speed manual (aisin)

TripleM;240951 said:
Wow ...nice to hear the base price has gone up hehe..

R8 at 502k seems v attractive for the kind of performance n sophistication it offers.
So far RS4 resale seems to be holding well so I'd expect the rare R8 will be of similar scenario.

FWIW, go for R8....How can u resist DSG ? :)

Triple M - Depending on the test drive and seeing the car in "real" life in mid october. Will decide then. But pricing is quite attractive compared to AMV8. But I guess an Aston will always have that illusive brand and feeling!

caySman;240976 said:
I thought the R8 does not have DSG yet. It uses the SMG type robotized manual, or 6-speed manual (aisin)

Yep your right its called the R tronic 6 speed Sequential Gearbox

Welbo, maybe they tink i not there so tell me excuses la...sigh, life.....but seriously, dat was the msg i got leh, strange. bt it cld be bcos i asked early, around april tis year. bt to wait to end 08 or early 09? i tink i wait for Fann Wong to love me easier...
so heard u ordered white? chio leh....congrats

Mybe u can get a more senior SE to assist instead of the one that look like Fann Wong??? kekeke.
Yes, I ordered white one, but my missus told me to woke up and stop dreaming or else I will be late for work.........sigh..........life.

Harry1;240998 said:
Yep your right its called the R tronic 6 speed Sequential Gearbox

Harry, in terms of road presence and pretentiousness, does the R8 rank that low vs a Gallardo or a Ferrari? I'ld still spot that car from far away. If it's a daily then dun get something tt will give u headaches with the humps and bumps in singapore.

caySman;240994 said:
Audi Serene

[Admin edited - reported post]

hey I don't own Audi Serene, this is all the data I have.

Hey CaySman bro,

I hate hard tops cabrios....prefer soft type...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hgo909com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back