Advice on Brake Replacement / Upgrades

Akingston

Re: Advice on Brake Replacement / Upgrades

If your car sees a lot of rain, don't bother with drilled disks, as they can crack between the holes.

I have DBA slotted disks, pagid semi race pads. and decent brake fluid. They pull up so well your eyes will pop!! hehe

just changed to x-drilled because of the looks... dont think the braking performance will be enhanced till i can feel it...

i went this way, checked pml original parts (disc+pads)... then using this budget, i worked out being able to get brembos + pagids (sport) plus some savings... certainly a good and economical upgrade from stock...

Did you guys realise that the original posting was almost 4 years ago..........?

martmode8850;292536 said:
just changed to x-drilled because of the looks... dont think the braking performance will be enhanced till i can feel it...

i went this way, checked pml original parts (disc+pads)... then using this budget, i worked out being able to get brembos + pagids (sport) plus some savings... certainly a good and economical upgrade from stock...

Whats the cost of the disc+pads in PML? I tried enquiring on the pricing of parts in PM a few times. I couldn't get through most of the time but when i did, the enquires assistant on the line wasn't sure, :angry:

Called them up before and they quoted S$200-S$2000.

Utterly brilliant! :)

whiteskies;431440 said:
Whats the cost of the disc+pads in PML? I tried enquiring on the pricing of parts in PM a few times. I couldn't get through most of the time but when i did, the enquires assistant on the line wasn't sure, :angry:

A pair of stock pads should set u back not more than $100 from engsoon. Rotors not more than $500, but a piece or a pair i'm not sure... this should give u a gauge.:)

Icic. Thanks for the info!

I got mine replaced at some private service workshop I got my pads at 210 per set and 390 for a pair of discs not sure if i was a good deal.

just changed a pair of front rotors for 250 and pads for 110 excluding labour. j4c and bvo is quite close in pricing.

cdp999;431477 said:
just changed a pair of front rotors for 250 and pads for 110 excluding labour. j4c and bvo is quite close in pricing.

Sounds about right... :)
Reckon labour should set you back another 40-80.

thanks for the tip...as my rear pads are wearing out fast..6 months warranty to go with PML. so kindda caught between where to get it fixed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back