Advice on car security camera

asianrage

Dear BMW-SGers

Happy new year all

I discovered my third long deep scratch in 12 months today. I am now determined to catch the culprit.

I understand that there are car security cameras that are activated on motion or record continuously, and those that capture only front and back versus the sides.

I am also concerned of aesthetic. As an example, I shy away from after-market mobile phone or car GPS attachment because they destroy the minimalist lines of our BMW.

Any advice? Anyone knows any shop that is reliable?

Thanks much

Dave

Re: Advice on car security camera

Sorry to hear about your plight.

May I ask where did it happen? Is it always in the same carpark?

When it occured, did the cars beside you also kena vandalized?

By checking the car before entering every time since my last paint job I managed to pinpoint to my work place:nehnehhh:

The neighbouring cars did not get hit, so clearly I have some haters:errmm:

While I make efforts to win friends a car security camera can ensure the culprit is punished by the law if he or she does it again:shhhh:

asianrage;603047 said:
By checking the car before entering every time since my last paint job I managed to pinpoint to my work place:nehnehhh:

The neighbouring cars did not get hit, so clearly I have some haters:errmm:

While I make efforts to win friends a car security camera can ensure the culprit is punished by the law if he or she does it again:shhhh:

Perhaps I have to ask a couple of questions to pin-point the issue.. It could be due to your driving habit.

1. Did you park your car by driving into the lot or reversing?

2. Did you take due deligence in parking your car to ensure you aren't taking up the space of the lot beside you?

3. What model of your car you're driving? Is it heavily modifed?

I got a setup from sim lim square basement with 4 camera and a recorder that is motion activated. cost me close to $600. if you are looking at one direction spying, there's one i saw at Darren auto that uses a rechargeable battery for 8 hours and motion activated.

My case was the culprit went over my fender, front door and rear door with a fork. Exposing my car's bare metal. Best thing was i left it as it is for a few days and it starts to have some rust like things on it after a few days of rain.

Anyway,, the i think culprit got freaked out seeing camera in my car did not attack again. The moment i remove, he strike but this time i was ready for him inside a van parked in front of my car with 4 kakis. The moment he strike, we rush out of the van like a melee with 2 of my kakis with cameras and me and another guy chasing. eventually caught him and sent off to police station.

The culprit apologized and paid for a full respray for me.

I was almost charged by the police for having bricks in the van.

I suggest that you buy some fake camera to deter them. My personal experience is NOT a suggestion for your perusal.

Regards.

Hi Where in SIM LIM and also Daren? What is the meaning of one direction spying camera? Where do you install it?

I would like to have a rear view camera too.

aristocat;603162 said:
I got a setup from sim lim square basement with 4 camera and a recorder that is motion activated. cost me close to $600. if you are looking at one direction spying, there's one i saw at Darren auto that uses a rechargeable battery for 8 hours and motion activated.

My case was the culprit went over my fender, front door and rear door with a fork. Exposing my car's bare metal. Best thing was i left it as it is for a few days and it starts to have some rust like things on it after a few days of rain.

Anyway,, the i think culprit got freaked out seeing camera in my car did not attack again. The moment i remove, he strike but this time i was ready for him inside a van parked in front of my car with 4 kakis. The moment he strike, we rush out of the van like a melee with 2 of my kakis with cameras and me and another guy chasing. eventually caught him and sent off to police station.

The culprit apologized and paid for a full respray for me.

I was almost charged by the police for having bricks in the van.

I suggest that you buy some fake camera to deter them. My personal experience is NOT a suggestion for your perusal.

Regards.

You probably shouldn't have removed the camera for a while and he wouldn't have touched your car ... then again you wouldn't have had the chance to ambush him and catch him red handed. Did the police charge him or give him a warning on condition that he repair the damages?

I know this is a bit kaypoh but who was the culprit, an enemy in your company? What was his reason for doing this? Jealousy that you drive a BMW probably.

Almost charged for having bricks in the van .... hilarous!!

I'm just wondering how those motion detectors work. Does it detect movement around your car or only when someone touches it.

highbury;603258 said:
I know this is a bit kaypoh but who was the culprit, an enemy in your company? What was his reason for doing this? Jealousy that you drive a BMW probably.

BMW is getting so common nowadays. I don't think his target is BMW drivers.

My BMW is stock. Boring by BMW-SG standard, no mod. Never parked out of lot

Can I ask how sensitive motion detectors are?

I was planning to spend a lot more than the prices I hear so far

Yeah any particular shop in Sim Lim B4? Where is Darren Auto?

Thanks heaps

Darren Auto 21 Toh Guan Road East
#01-24 Toh Guan Centre Singapore 608609
Hotline : +65 6795 3636

Darren auto ones work via using a suction cup on the rear windscreen. so far when i tested, (no forks involved) the camera turn on the moment i was about 1m away from the car. You can ask jack to test it for you at his shop as he has a display there. The camera is a single assembly with some SD card inside. one thing is the night time fliming which is quite impressive. I suggest fellow drivers here to test at the basement carpark behing darren auto as it is quite dark there.

Sim lim tower: Continental Electronic Enterprise. 62934674. #B1-25 Sim Lim Tower, 4 cameras whith many wires here and there made my car messy. so i went to darren auto to 'hide' the wires and hence left it at darren auto and drove home without the cams.

Disclaimer, i am not a partner of any of the above shops or what. just helping out bros here. Me also a victim.

Police charged him for vandalising and he got a fine on top of paying for my damages.

The motion detectors work when the particular person is near your car moving. If i wait till he touches my ride, i would have connected a zero guage live wire from the lamppost to my car body. Like that is a sure fire thing your culprit will die. but so will the parking auntie.

This issue in fact happens at where i stay. in fact i also share the same sentiments with asianrange and was quite traumatised by it.

Looking at the fun side, i also browsed the bodykits for my car meanwhile.

Ultimatedriver;603228 said:
Hi Where in SIM LIM and also Daren? What is the meaning of one direction spying camera? Where do you install it?

I would like to have a rear view camera too.

My rear view camera is alpine HCE 200r for the rear and 200f for the front [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbH8JY9wrfs]YouTube - Alpine HCE-C200R and HCE-C200F Drive Assist[/ame]

as for the video interface, i got it from darren auto same product http://www.qdis.co.kr/product/bmw356.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

aristocat;603688 said:
Like that is a sure fire thing your culprit will die. but so will the parking auntie.

Great sense of humour!!

Anyway, good thing you caught the guy. At least you have peace of mind now

What if the guy with the forks cone from the side and scatch it? I would have thought that would be protected by side cameras?
Also does the wirings screw up the idrive error msgs? Or is it iPain error msgs.....

Ultimatedriver;603700 said:
What if the guy with the forks cone from the side and scatch it? I would have thought that would be protected by side cameras?
Also does the wirings screw up the idrive error msgs? Or is it iPain error msgs.....

The security cameras are separate from the idrive. the alpine front and rear camera is mostly for my 1.5m tall wife who can't see the front and rear while parking.i brought the front and rear cameras as INSURANCE after lowering the x6.

The 4 camera security screen after recording will look like this on your computer. http://www.xxcal.co.jp/english/img_usability/camera_04.JPG

Like wise, with only one camera the screen will only be one screen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iqdbuy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back