advise needed on should i roll my fenders or not

mwtang

guys, need your advise

how about this setup for e46 sedan 18" rims, will i need to roll the fenders. Planning to get the CSL replica rims (staggered setup) from modbargain

18" x 8.5 on 235/40x18 Front (+40offset)

18" x 9.5 on 255x35/x18 Rear (+45 offset)

current setup (koni FSD+eibach springs), find it kinda soft, any recommendation?

Link to modbargain :- 18'' BMW CSL Style Wheels Staggered 18x8.5'' Front, 18x9.5'' Rear - Fits Non-M and M3 cars

Appreciate all your feedback, THANKS !!!

pics as below

bobo-4.jpg

Re: advise needed on should i roll my fenders or not

From experience, probably. Without rolling your fenders, it will be quite tight. You might rub on big humps with a full load, especially with soft suspension like FSD's. With one person driving conservatively, you should be fine.

But try first. You might be lucky...

had some luggage and 2 passenger in the back over a weekend trip, was on 235/18/40 and it did feel the scratches on the fenders over certain bumps and uneven road.....feel like the springs too soft... any advise please on the right combo?

Hey dude, it will be more a necessity than a preference if you opt for those beautiful wheels. Trust me, with preference for harder suspension.. lowering your ride will just come along naturally... the mod virus has bitten.

any recommendation for a firmer ride then the one i haved now (koni FSD+eibach)

Coilovers.. hope the E46 blokes here from the dark side can shed some lights...

You cannot go wrong with PSS9 or KW2.

And BTW, rolling the fender costs less than $100 - nothing beats the sense of comfort knowing there will be minimal rubbing even with 2 pax behind.......

kenntona;240858 said:

And BTW, rolling the fender costs less than $100 - nothing beats the sense of comfort knowing there will be minimal rubbing even with 2 pax behind.......

Totally agree, just did mine and can now speed as wish (of course within limit).

Get the rims, lower and then see if the tires touch the inner wheel wheel. If they do, then roll it. Usually, its the edge of the rear bumper, where it meets the wheel well, that causes the rubbing. U can ask Lye Design to remove the metal clip there as well.

fender rolling is not required for car sitting on BMW OEM Sports suspension right?

yep, at times i find the koni fsd + eibach combi a little to comfy..... any other springs i can opt for mate? thanks for all the advise.....

my rims has just arrived !!!!!

Hey mwtang.... that photo that u have in ur avatar was my ex-car! HAHAHAHAHA!

kenntona;240858 said:

Derek Png;240868 said:
Totally agree, just did mine and can now speed as wish (of course within limit).

as mention by bro Kenn and Derek, PSS9 or KW2 or KW3 would be great.
post pics of your rims when u put it on.
good luck shoopping

With coilovers, there are a variety you can choose from.. from affordable to those which are slightly more expensive... trust me... you get what you pay for...

From BCs, Teins, Bilstein PSS (Height Adjustable only-no Damping adjustment), Bilstein PSS9, KW Variant 2, Variant 3, KW Clubsport & Ground Control etc etc... A whole range of coilovers to suit your demands and needs... are they for show purposes or are you planning to track your ride as they all pretty much give u better handling... comfort is another story all together.

What is important is that you do your homework properly... be firm on what you want your coilovers to do and then go get them... you will end up better off and might even save some money... Dont fall in the trap of buying something just because your wheels are here... patience is the key..

With regards to rolling of fenders... nothing is impossible... once you have determined your wheels and suspension (coilovers) setup... if they rub... you go roll them... if they dont... good on ya... given the configurations that you have supplied above in the thread... I forsee minimal rubbing subjective to your ride height... otherwise you will probably jus have to roll a bit to be safe...

Hope this helps... happy shopping...

mwtang,

are you in KL? did you buy over the net? were they taxed?

are coilovers like Bilstein PSS or KW Var 2 considered as comfy as stock?

VenomX2 said:
are coilovers like Bilstein PSS or KW Var 2 considered as comfy as stock?
Nope. Harder than stock.

I would say that its firmer, but not harsh. I know that when i go over sharp humps, I could hear the dampers going PSSST... wah got turbo in my coilovers too! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back