Advise on salary package for oversea assigment

skp1682003

Dear bro and sis,
I was offered a 2 year oversea contract job for 2 year and in a loss of how the salary package should work . There's no office in asia, and they would pay me thru an off shore account.
was wondering was the pro and con for this contract and how many % increase should I ask for my package.
Of course I would save alot of tax for this job . what are the key point I should look for ?
Medical, insurancec, cpf etc etc???
Your advise would be appreciated.

Re: Advise on salary package for oversea assigment

save tax? where are you going?

if they have no office here I would personally ask for an equivalent of the same professional pay in the destination country + lodging + transport + medical coverage (you buy your own insurance then) as a lump sum.

Should I include the following :
Employer contribution -16%
Insurance - how many % of the salary ( any guideline?)
any other claim to be count in?

overseas job = no CPF
its not an obligation, more like opportunity cost but can bargain with your potential employers

varies from individual to individual
some co are good, pay housing allowances, transport allowances etc.
some like my old china co, they just pay u an agreed sum, the rest u settled.

impt thing is are u working there on an employment pass or hiong on VISA renewals etc or perhaps always flying like my regional internal auditors.
be careful when u go to countries such as Aus cos u might end up being deported if the locals decided to poke u, reporting to immigration.

lastly, of cos, what currency are they paying u, have to factor in exchange rate fluctuations.

skp1682003;963834 said:

you have to be more specific. your job type, and the destination country. if you tell us, some of the bros may be able to advise you. if you don't then you need to figure out what is the norm in the destination country. you don't want to go there and end up finding out you are grossly underpaid. you also need to factor like sszone said currency exchange and tax. I don't think you can escape tax.

need to borrow ur thread. i have a random enquiry too.

can someone tell me how much i should eat for lunch? shud i buy a meepok for 3 bux or ask for 3.50 more leow less noodles. i cant seem to equate if more noodles is better or more leow. i used the weight for the entire bowl as benchmark, but then i realised that more noodles vs more leow doesnt equate out in calorie counts!

is there a better method to this?

skp1682003;963834 said:

yes factor in employer contribution...
insurance wise.. just get a few quotes from agents on life/medical.. etc.. u will get the idea.

idea is not to short change yourself but don't be greedy as well. I will also factor in the advantages / disadvantages to your career path over the medium term..

detach8;963837 said:
you have to be more specific. your job type, and the destination country. if you tell us, some of the bros may be able to advise you. if you don't then you need to figure out what is the norm in the destination country. you don't want to go there and end up finding out you are grossly underpaid. you also need to factor like sszone said currency exchange and tax. I don't think you can escape tax.

I'll be in regional role , SEA- travelling . My employer from Italy, as there 's no regional office in S.E.A
They will be paying in Euro,
Accomdation and other expense during travelling can be claim monthly,

totoseow;963844 said:
can someone tell me how much i should eat for lunch? shud i buy a meepok for 3 bux or ask for 3.50 more leow less noodles. i cant seem to equate if more noodles is better or more leow. i used the weight for the entire bowl as benchmark, but then i realised that more noodles vs more leow doesnt equate out in calorie counts!

Here's the answer:

porky88;963845 said:
idea is not to short change yourself but don't be greedy as well.

thank u oilman. can i file tax relief if im deemed to have benefitted from a bit more noodles?

bro.. my experience.. sibei difficult to siam... you will need to pay the tax somewhere..
unless he fly to italy to collect a bundle of cash every month with no electronic trace

sszone;963839 said:
can siam one......hehe

for small amount incoming, not like few 100ks per month, banks/MAS don't bother to ask.
thats what my ex china co been doing....its just a remittance.
up to the individual to report or not.....hehe.....IRAS will ask..."are u an honest boy?"

Many here do not have to work. Their assets and cash are in BBVI and Cayman Islands. Tax is irrelevant. Money laundery is a must.

Seriously to TS. If you are asking how much you should be getting, it shows that the salary ball in your court. Tell your employer that sky is the limit. If they want to hire you, they will pay. If not, they will ask you to moderate your expectation.

You may want to start off by estimating the market share you can capture when you take up the job. Try not to focus too much on how much the company should pay you but rather what can you do got the company first. Of course we need to be realistic as we have basic living cost to meet.

Call up a few head hunting company pretending you are looking for a job of similar nature to the one you are being offered. You should be able to get some info on the salary other companies are offering. Don't use the highest offer as a benchmark. Like some of the forummers said, don't be too greedy.

Dinosaur hunter;963866 said:
You may want to start off by estimating the market share you can capture when you take up the job. Try not to focus too much on how much the company should pay you but rather what can you do got the company first. Of course we need to be realistic as we have basic living cost to meet.

Call up a few head hunting company pretending you are looking for a job of similar nature to the one you are being offered. You should be able to get some info on the salary other companies are offering. Don't use the highest offer as a benchmark. Like some of the forummers said, don't be too greedy.

Oh, maybe I send the wrong message, It not how much the company should pay, It should be, what I should look for,
so that I m fully covered in on my current package.

same salary in euros or british pounds.

skp1682003;963828 said:
Dear bro and sis,
I was offered a 2 year oversea contract job for 2 year and in a loss of how the salary package should work . There's no office in asia, and they would pay me thru an off shore account.
was wondering was the pro and con for this contract and how many % increase should I ask for my package.
Of course I would save alot of tax for this job . what are the key point I should look for ?
Medical, insurancec, cpf etc etc???
Your advise would be appreciated.

FT / Expat package ... house and car provided or at least you factor in the cost :D

- contractors are highly pay in AUS, UK and US.. if you going to this places, the market rate is 600 - 1K USD/Pound per day.. please do not get short-change by recruiter...
- if you are going on expat pay, it should have full medical cover for family (private hospital is very ex too), education for kids (international school are 12k for kids), tax diff (u should only be responsible of what you be tax in SG).., housing, > 30% ontop of your pay...

i think it is not worth it, for anything less esp if you are bringing your family

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neelamnainital4

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back