Advise on salary package for oversea assigment

Re: Advise on salary package for oversea assigment

angrypenguin;963975 said:
- contractors are highly pay in AUS, UK and US.. if you going to this places, the market rate is 600 - 1K USD/Pound per day.. please do not get short-change by recruiter...
- if you are going on expat pay, it should have full medical cover for family (private hospital is very ex too), education for kids (international school are 12k for kids), tax diff (u should only be responsible of what you be tax in SG).., housing, > 30% ontop of your pay...

i think it is not worth it, for anything less esp if you are bringing your family

Wow, Thanks for the infor

I think alot of this factors will depend on which stage you are in your career. the question is if this jobis a stepping stone to make your resume look good or ar are you an asset that the company needs desperately to further their goals.

Many seniors here have mentioned alot however a few points you should take note ;

1) Tax if any, payable by employee to be borne by employers
2) CPF contribution in singapore to be as per Singapore law. it can be paid to you incase they are not register here
3) Medical and insurance get best ones since it will be or maybe a disaster to stay in local hospitals.
4) Dental benefits
5) In case of employment contract dispute to be settled in .... ???? Dun settle in Singapore cause the labor law here sucks!!!
6) Bonus i suggest you add it into your monthly salary.

Point 1 you can go to IRAS to download form to work out the maths. if employer is register in sgp. if not, then they have to pay the prevailing taxes from where they pay the money from.
point 2) get it in cash, and you top it yourself or you can choose not to ... or whatever amount you like.

SUPAN;963990 said:
Many seniors here have mentioned alot however a few points you should take note ;

1) Tax if any, payable by employee to be borne by employers
2) CPF contribution in singapore to be as per Singapore law. it can be paid to you incase they are not register here
3) Medical and insurance get best ones since it will be or maybe a disaster to stay in local hospitals.
4) Dental benefits
5) In case of employment contract dispute to be settled in .... ???? Dun settle in Singapore cause the labor law here sucks!!!
6) Bonus i suggest you add it into your monthly salary.

Point 1 you can go to IRAS to download form to work out the maths. if employer is register in sgp. if not, then they have to pay the prevailing taxes from where they pay the money from.
point 2) get it in cash, and you top it yourself or you can choose not to ... or whatever amount you like.

Wow , thanks for the info

skp1682003;964011 said:
Wow , thanks for the info

Let me know incase you need more info ... I have a friend under USA contract while working in Nigeria. Collect his money via the Singapore office but since his contract is not under Singapore law, it is not taxable while he is overseas.

Also have singaporeans under german contracts as well.

Text me if you need more info .... squeeze the maximium benefits you have on the contract you propose and i am sure they would give you a counter.

End of the day if unable to come to terms then walk away loh ...

SUPAN;964013 said:
Let me know incase you need more info ... I have a friend under USA contract while working in Nigeria. Collect his money via the Singapore office but since his contract is not under Singapore law, it is not taxable while he is overseas.

Also have singaporeans under german contracts as well.

Text me if you need more info .... squeeze the maximium benefits you have on the contract you propose and i am sure they would give you a counter.

End of the day if unable to come to terms then walk away loh ...

Thanks Supan
For your info.

Might want to ask for an expacare insurance package which covers your medical, hospitalisation and also medical evacuation in case of emergency overseas.

check also double taxation
China for example deduct your income tax every
month before u get your salary
Consider getting your salary credited into
Singapore bank directly either Sing dollar account
or multi currencies account and pay local tax

if never bring wife , must factor in ayam cost into salary ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
98wincollege

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back