air circulation default setting E90

maestro

This is not a problem per se. The E90 default air circulation setting is OFF (not sure abt other models). That means everything the car starts the setting is for air to come in from outside. In Singapore driving env I prefer to have air circulated within the car, but that means I always have to press the button to switch ON the circulation each time I start up.

SE says this is the default setting, the only way is to re-programme it by sending the car back to PML. Anyone knows how to set it permanently to circulate internally each time car starts wo sending it back?

Re: air circulation default setting E90

I had the same problem too.
Every time after driving for a while, when the traffic is bad and the exhaust from other car is bad, I realised that it is OFF.
Then I turn it on.

Sometimes however, when I on my car, the circulation setting is on "A".

In fact, when I was back at PML for some other problems, I brought this up, and I was told it can't be default to be ON.

Any of you have a way to solve this, pm okay?
Many thanks on behalf of my respiratory system.

Hi, OT a bit...is there any way to let outside air come in through the aircon vent without switching on the aircon? I know Japanese cars allow that..my model is E46...sorry for OT....

maestro said:
This is not a problem per se. The E90 default air circulation setting is OFF (not sure abt other models). That means everything the car starts the setting is for air to come in from outside. In Singapore driving env I prefer to have air circulated within the car, but that means I always have to press the button to switch ON the circulation each time I start up.

SE says this is the default setting, the only way is to re-programme it by sending the car back to PML. Anyone knows how to set it permanently to circulate internally each time car starts wo sending it back?

I think it is the default setting. Here is my observation.
- If you set the aircon to be "air circulated within the car", the next time you turn on the car,
the default setting will be back to "air coming in from outside".
- If you set the aircon to be "automatic" - "A", then the next time you turn on the car, the setting will be continue to be "automatic" - "A"

don't ask me why it is that way, just my observation. So, I normally leave my aircon setting in Automatic - A.

It CAN be programmed as part of the settings saved on the Keys. I got mine done (default to recirculation) at PML.

At first the service advisor was reluctant to change it for me and gave some BS, but at the end I got it done at the same time while doing other stuff at PML.

I set the aircon to 'A' for automatic, but notice if I start the car it will still be OFF! apache need to learn how you do it to keep it at 'A' at least better than OFF.

Seems like the only way to turn it ON by default is to get PML to re-prog it.

maestro said:
I set the aircon to 'A' for automatic, but notice if I start the car it will still be OFF! apache need to learn how you do it to keep it at 'A' at least better than OFF.

Seems like the only way to turn it ON by default is to get PML to re-prog it.

Maestro, based on ex3's reply, sounds like mine is sort of defaulted to "a". All I did was to turned off the engine while the aircon is in "A". When u turn it on again, it is back to "A".

The service advicer told me:
It can be programed to recirculation "ON" or "OFF", but NOT "Auto". I had mine re-programmed to "ON" when engine starts.

However:
1) I've learnt not to trust the Service Advicer by default
2) My car is X3, which might not work exactly in the same on this topic
3) I've heard from someone with E60, that it returns to the last settings before engine stops

ex3 said:
The service advicer told me:
It can be programed to recirculation "ON" or "OFF", but NOT "Auto". I had mine re-programmed to "ON" when engine starts.

However:
1) I've learnt not to trust the Service Advicer by default
2) My car is X3, which might work not be exactly the same on this topic
3) I've heard from someone with E60, that it returns to the last settings before engine stops

thanks ex3. How much did they charge you to reprogram this? I know that if you lose your key, they charge around 60 bucks to reprogram the key again.

You should be able to get it done for free. I got mine done FOC.

If your car is new, I think there's a high chance you can get it done for free.

They wanted to charge me something like S$50-60 just to re-program... which to me is just a complete rip off (at the end they did it for nothing while I sent the car in for other "paid" service). From my experience in other countries, the dealer is suppose to give you a form to fill in for the Key Memory settings you want for your car, so that they can set (for free) before the car is handed over to you.

apache said:
thanks ex3. How much did they charge you to reprogram this? I know that if you lose your key, they charge around 60 bucks to reprogram the key again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8xbet_1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back