Air-con compressor "GOING" liao!!!

Kelvin Tan

Hi everyone,

my E46 318i recently the air-con compressor is making some noises already. Feel like the air-con compressor is going to spolit soon.:(

Any bro here can advise when to get a good bargain for an air-con compressor? Pls advise. Thanks!!!!

Re: Air-con compressor "GOING" liao!!!

Kelvin Tan;169040 said:
Hi everyone,

my E46 318i recently the air-con compressor is making some noises already. Feel like the air-con compressor is going to spolit soon.:(

Any bro here can advise when to get a good bargain for an air-con compressor? Pls advise. Thanks!!!!
have you check what causes the noise? if theres noise & aircon is still cold, cud be the bearing prob.

the usual symptom if compressor is kaput is aircon is not cold even you top-up the gas.

if u go with a re-con one, u'll prolly get away with abt 5-600+. brand new one shd cost u abt 800+ including labour. quite a big job coz the entire console has to be remove before reaching the compressor. gd luck.

Hi .. I have worked through 3 generations of BM318s and on 2 of the cars I have had the misfortune of having to replace the air-con compressor. Both times occured just after the warranty expired. However I found out that the warranty on the compressor is actually 5 years. So ask the service agent if he can put up a goodwill request for you. On both instances I was able to recover the cost of the compressor. Good luck

Bro, you sure that PML gives the warranty for the air-con compressor for 5 years!!!

If thats really the case, i will send my car back to them for checks liao...

The service assistant told me that the part has its own warranty and it is for 5 years. So what they do is that they will claim against the manufacturer of the compressor. Though they did emphasise that it is not guaranteed that they will be successful and it is on case by case basis. But in both instances I got back $800+ for the compressor. It does take some time though ...
Good luck ..

AC Boy;169043 said:
have you check what causes the noise? if theres noise & aircon is still cold, cud be the bearing prob.

the usual symptom if compressor is kaput is aircon is not cold even you top-up the gas.

if u go with a re-con one, u'll prolly get away with abt 5-600+. brand new one shd cost u abt 800+ including labour. quite a big job coz the entire console has to be remove before reaching the compressor. gd luck.

Air Con compressor is attached to the engine. No need to remove the entire console.

The evaporator is the one that needs to remove the dashboard.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back