Air-Con - One zone cold one zone not cold

jojosnr

Anyone experienced this ? Passenger side ok, driver side blowing hot air sometimes.

Please share if you have similar experiences. What could be the problem and possible remedy.

Thanks.

Re: Air-Con - One zone cold one zone not cold

jojosnr;997520 said:
Anyone experienced this ? Passenger side ok, driver side blowing hot air sometimes.

Please share if you have similar experiences. What could be the problem and possible remedy.

Thanks.
Model?? Beside the vent got a button blue n red can turn de. If red also wil blow out hot hair. Turn it 2 blue.

Hi,

Its E90. The vent control dial is in the blue position, ha ha....

But it is not always hot, sometimes hot sometimes cold. Like you know what la......

Ah yang;997562 said:
Model?? Beside the vent got a button blue n red can turn de. If red also wil blow out hot hair. Turn it 2 blue.

I believe ur cooling coil is leaking.

First symptom of a leaking cooling coil is the 2 central vents at dashboard, one will be cold and one will be blowing hot air.... according to my mechanic.

Otherwise, try topping up ur aircon gas and observe first.

Noted. Thanks for sharing.

mercur1al;997596 said:

First symptom of a leaking cooling coil is the 2 central vents at dashboard, one will be cold and one will be blowing hot air.... according to my mechanic.

If your car is coming 6 to 7 years old, chances are cooling coil leaking.

mercur1al;997596 said:

Morning bro. Yes I also think this is part of the what could happen but what i heard has a more generic outcome.

Even with my previous merc, it seems that if the aircon refrigerant is low, it can only be be sent through a particular area of the coil and thus only 1 side is able to get the cool air. So my conclusion is your air con gas low. Thus it could be leaking something but not particularly the coil ( maybe). If inside the cabin, the aircon tech can test using a odor meter ( not always able to detect however) to see if it leaks in cabin.

To be frank, cars getting on age usually have 2 common aircon problems - Compressor weak ( change about 1k 1/2 day job, Cooling coil leak ( dashboard out, 1.5k +? 1 day or slightly longer job).

These 2 problems followed me since merc E200, BMW318, BMW523 till now. =P

But whoever you send to for checks, must be good enough to diagnose. It is not rocket science. And not everything need to change already then see how..... if fix the problem. =) if you know what i mean.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Sent it in two days ago. Shop topped up gas and is now good again. Heng.. that is was not something serious.

jojosnr;999909 said:
Thanks to all for your advice.

Sent it in two days ago. Shop topped up gas and is now good again. Heng.. that is was not something serious.

Bro, I had the similar problem. It's not the compressor.. Hopefully. But topping up gas is just the quick fix solution. Monitor again how long it takes to get out. It's definitely the cooling coil. Eventually have to change if it carries on. Am going to do mine after buying the parts and doing at my workshop.

Deepster;1022584 said:
Bro, I had the similar problem. It's not the compressor.. Hopefully. But topping up gas is just the quick fix solution. Monitor again how long it takes to get out. It's definitely the cooling coil. Eventually have to change if it carries on. Am going to do mine after buying the parts and doing at my workshop.

M3 calling ya...

You may be right. Where are you doing it ?

Deepster;1022584 said:

Quite certain it is cooling coil, had totally same symptom as what U have.
Top up gas every 3months...
Finally bite the bullet to change the cooling coil.

jojosnr;1022692 said:
You may be right. Where are you doing it ?

I'll be doing mine probably next week at msia. Pm if you need any details.

Change coil in SG think damage almost $800...how much will it be in boleh land if original part? thanks.
Deepster;1023886 said:
I'll be doing mine probably next week at msia. Pm if you need any details.

my friend change his coil at one of our site sponsor for 1100,TS u may want to visit tomika at alexandra village.heard the reviews quite good

Zincman;1023955 said:
my friend change his coil at one of our site sponsor for 1100,TS u may want to visit tomika at alexandra village.heard the reviews quite good

How much is it at Alexandra village

not sure u may want to enquire with them

Thanks for sharing.

Zincman;1023955 said:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
may88srl

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back