Air-Con - One zone cold one zone not cold

Re: Air-Con - One zone cold one zone not cold

lylcnn;1023911 said:
Change coil in SG think damage almost $800...how much will it be in boleh land if original part? thanks.

Where did you change yours? The one I know is 1850rm. So not sure if I should do there or here. But they have 6mths warranty

same Tomika at Alexandra that was mentioned earlier...please check prices with the boss there as prices might have changed..kindly let us know if you eventually do at that shop, thanks!

Deepster;1024127 said:
Where did you change yours? The one I know is 1850rm. So not sure if I should do there or here. But they have 6mths warranty

lylcnn;1024137 said:
same Tomika at Alexandra that was mentioned earlier...please check prices with the boss there as prices might have changed..kindly let us know if you eventually do at that shop, thanks!

Just called to check verbally. He quoted me 880 before gst. And if the compressor has some issues that can be repaired. It's 290 before gst.

Tomika boss quite friendly perhaps keng with him for slight discount? good luck!

lylcnn;1024147 said:
Tomika boss quite friendly perhaps keng with him for slight discount? good luck!

Did mine for the cooling coil. Was swee swee for the first few days then the same thing happen. Warm on driver side. Checked with workshop. Said that compressor is weak and there's gas leak from it that's why it's not enough gas again. Damn, time to spend again. Another $650 gone

I changed my coil at Tomika Yesterday. The cooling coil replacement is 880 plus 7% GST. Total is $941 ,also 6mth warranty.They assign 1 man on each car, Left car at 930, collect at 3pm.So far no rattling sound watsoever.Difference with boleh land is 200 bucks.I choose to do in singapore.Juz my 2 cents

Need help from the experienced bros here..

Aircon driver side not cold, passenger side still cold but not super cold. Read that a few suggested topping up gas first and see how..Some say not compressor if not it will blow hot air..

But there is also hissing sound from the aircon vents at the dashboard area when aircon is on, sounds like gas leaking? quite loud but not so noticeable only when radio in on a bit loud.

Few days ago PML engineer at Sime Darby Bkt Timah heard the sound and say confirm there's a leak, but also said can try gas up first and see if that works. As I was rushing I didn't get it done that day and wanted to read up more..

Any ideas what is wrong with my E90 2009? Any advise is greatly appreciated!

towerking;1045461 said:

Aircon driver side not cold, passenger side still cold but not super cold. Read that a few suggested topping up gas first and see how..Some say not compressor if not it will blow hot air..

But there is also hissing sound from the aircon vents at the dashboard area when aircon is on, sounds like gas leaking? quite loud but not so noticeable only when radio in on a bit loud.

Few days ago PML engineer at Sime Darby Bkt Timah heard the sound and say confirm there's a leak, but also said can try gas up first and see if that works. As I was rushing I didn't get it done that day and wanted to read up more..

Hi all - any advise on this query?

towerking;1046017 said:
Hi all - any advise on this query?

Just to share my experience. Hope it will provide another perspective. My prob was as mentioned in my first thread. Checked and found gas is low, so top up. Gas also has dye in case need to check for leaks. Aircon was ok after that but was back to being not cold after one month. Second check found no leakage but suspected compressor weak. So change to a recon compressor. Air con has been performing very well since then. Already about 2 months +. Mine was not a leak nor fan coil issue.

jojosnr;1046069 said:
Just to share my experience. Hope it will provide another perspective. My prob was as mentioned in my first thread. Checked and found gas is low, so top up. Gas also has dye in case need to check for leaks. Aircon was ok after that but was back to being not cold after one month. Second check found no leakage but suspected compressor weak. So change to a recon compressor. Air con has been performing very well since then. Already about 2 months +. Mine was not a leak nor fan coil issue.

Thanks, which workshop did the repairs?

when you guys say cooling coil, is it the condenser radiator?

towerking;1045461 said:

Hi all, just to share that I manage to solve my aircon issue , hopefully for long term.

I just had my car checked and done at one of the recommended workshop at Woodlands this afternoon.

when I told the mechanic uncle chong my symptoms - one side cold, one side not cold, and hissing sound from the air vent he straightaway said most likely not enough gas.

He drained out my old gas and true enough there was 320 units of gas left compared to the recommended 590 units. Sorry, I don't know what's the unit but its on the sticker underneath the bonnet. You can see it when u lift the hood.

Before that he had a look around under the hood and sniffed the air con vent at the dashboard to smell any gas or any oil smell. There was none so that was good news because that indicated a leak, he said.

So after 20 mins of removing and then adding new gas the car was back to being cold and no more hissing sound. Total damage: lower end of double digits. Very worth it I think to eliminate the smaller problems first.

He told me to monitor for 3 months to see if same problem came back. I thought that was a reasonable plan rather than straightaway saying there's a leak and needing to change the tubes, cooling coils etc like what the PML engineer told me - KNN!

So was at PML last week and the engineer just turned on my engine, heard the hissing sound and said this confirm leak, blah, blah. Didn't even do any tests but say must change so many things and that it will cost $2.6 to $2.8k and take 3 days to do! WTH! Lucky I didn't follow what he said.

Oh btw there's another recommended ws here also at Woodlands. Actually they are my first choice but enough to say they must be really busy and didn't need my business because they didn't get back to me.

Good luck! :)

Jus did my coil at tomiko ubi in the evening. Ard 8pm cool air from passenger side. Have call them and arrange for a check again.
:(
Labour cost so high. Need to find lobang open workshop.

It's been 3 months since I got my 2007's E90. It's been a good drive and then all of a sudden, things start to break apart... :very sad:

About 2 months ago, my driver's side aircon doesn't feel cold anymore. As per SOP, bring to workshop and top up the gas. 3 weeks later, same thing happen. Brought in to Tomiko Ubi and got the cooling coil replaced. So far so good...

your evaporator/cooling coil leak, mine just replaced it new last month cost sgd1.3k

Mel279;1069453 said:
your evaporator/cooling coil leak, mine just replaced it new last month cost sgd1.3k

TOmiko charged me $8xx. I got a quote from another workshop - $1.3k too. Anyway if you don't mind the attitude of Tomiko, price and replacement is good. To me, I don't care about their attitude. I just want it done right and at a reasonable cost.

hmm...maybe some of the hose leak, anyway when they replace the cooling coil, did they also replace the expansion valve and dryer also?

Mel279;1048083 said:
when you guys say cooling coil, is it the condenser radiator?

Cooling coil or evaporator is the small "radiator" near the cabin. The condensor is the radiator in front of the coolant radiator at the front of the engine. Usually if leak its in the evaporator, don't ask me why. My jap ride suffered such a leak at 60k cost me a bomb to fix :(

easy;1069491 said:
Cooling coil or evaporator is the small "radiator" near the cabin. The condensor is the radiator in front of the coolant radiator at the front of the engine. Usually if leak its in the evaporator, don't ask me why. My jap ride suffered such a leak at 60k cost me a bomb to fix :(

You are right that most cars will have this problem after their mid life. My previous 6 years old Ford Focus had the same problem, the Aircon fan stopped working, radiator leaked etc. cost of repair is worst than BMW. I was quoted $3xxx...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tructiepdagash

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back