Air con

Re: Air con

smells more like a kind of gas...Tried all AC buttons, doesnt work. Been driving for one month so gave up liow, maybe becos the car still new and AC needs "run in"?

I complained about this to the SE when I sent my car in. He said that this is normal. If you switched to Auto, the regulator might let some of the outside air in. If you switched to internal circulation (press twice), you may still smell outside air. This is of course a ridiculous response and completely unacceptable but i wasnt in a mood to debate. Anyway, I tried this: When i smell outside air, i press the button to off and on the internal circulation again. It worked. Basically now when i start my car, i will turn it off and on again even though the light is on.

kcobra;868214 said:
I complained about this to the SE when I sent my car in. He said that this is normal. If you switched to Auto, the regulator might let some of the outside air in. If you switched to internal circulation (press twice), you may still smell outside air. This is of course a ridiculous response and completely unacceptable but i wasnt in a mood to debate. Anyway, I tried this: When i smell outside air, i press the button to off and on the internal circulation again. It worked. Basically now when i start my car, i will turn it off and on again even though the light is on.

Ic. Anyway i also bo chup liao lah. Whenever i start n off my car its like a plane. So many button 2 press. Haiz

Yeah we have to do pre-flight check.
Check internal circulation button pressed twice
Check engine auto shut off turned off
Check doors closed
Check no error signals

I used to when I collected my car 4 weeks ago. But now can't be bothered already. I off radio only.

This is a super old post but I wanted to add my experience. I have a 3 month old Active Tourer that has a foul smell that comes from the Air Con whenever starting the vehicle. It goes away after 30 seconds. I took the car to PML and they said it's a known issue. Has to do with the heat exchanger unit that gets mold buildup because of the condensation from Singapore humidity.

This is a super old post but I wanted to add my experience. I have a 3 month old Active Tourer that has a foul smell that comes from the Air Con whenever starting the vehicle. It goes away after 30 seconds. I took the car to PML and they said it's a known issue. Has to do with the heat exchanger unit that gets mold buildup because of the condensation from Singapore humidity.

Did PML offer any solution? Is there something we can do to check and clean it when necessary?

PML service rep said there is no permanent fix for the issue. However, they sprayed the heat exchanger unit with some solution and said that I could bring the car back once a year to do it again. Whatever they did has solved the problem for the short term...smell is gone.

PML service rep said there is no permanent fix for the issue. However, they sprayed the heat exchanger unit with some solution and said that I could bring the car back once a year to do it again. Whatever they did has solved the problem for the short term...smell is gone.

Can post a picture of the heat exchanger? I am a noob on car engine bays.

Thanks!

Sorry but I didn't see what they did. Just had it explained to me. I may have called it the wrong name. It has something to do with the heating/cooling unit. Was told that after the engine is turned off you get a lot of condensation on the AC unit that just sits there and then starts go moldy.

No charge. And I'm pretty sure they told me that I could bring it back once a year to do the same thing for no charge.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back