Alcon Superkit for E9x M3

Re: Alcon Superkit for E9x M3

alot of pple go for bbk purely for looks :D atas :p

clar;807488 said:
Cannot help it lar. I shallow, i go for looks only.

Bro clar, you are just too humble....:shakemyb:

pReTeNd3r;807675 said:
Bro clar, you are just too humble....:shakemyb:

I am just being honest :) No thanks to the new wheels, the stock weak sauce brakes are too glaring to look at now, hence the BBK necessity.

S2k;807510 said:
alot of pple go for bbk purely for looks :D atas :p

And a lot of pple buy bimmers purely for the badge :D Hey, i like the badge too, but i like the engineering even more!

Those who knows Joseph, the E90 M3 with blue highlights, he has the Alcon 6/4 set installed. They look awesome and the performance feels solid too. Can't comment further thou so you guys got to take a ride yourself to judge. :)

clar;807488 said:
Cannot help it lar. I shallow, i go for looks only.

ayah then buy plastic brembo brake caliper cover lor. Way cheaper than actual BBK but look same :D

golfgti;807970 said:
ayah then buy plastic brembo brake caliper cover lor. Way cheaper than actual BBK but look same :D

Hey, I am shallow, not cheapskate :D

clar;808128 said:
Hey, I am shallow, not cheapskate :D

bro i have no experience with the superkit, but i had Alcon Extreme 6pots on my S5 SB and Alcon 4pots on my previous golf GTI. Also Brembo GT 6pot / 4pot on my 335i

Alcons didnt give me any problems at all. No warping issues. I prefer Alcon because they are much lighter compare with Brembo GT. And my steering doesnt feel heavier. even using similar disc size.

Ironically, My steering was so heavy after i fitted the brembos GT on my 335i . It feels like there is no power steering.

Also got alot of problems with my Brembo GT, alot of vibration and i skim the disc 2 times because they told me it warp.

But according to the workshop, my biggest problem is, i park the car for too long hahha. Sometime 1 month and the Brembo disc keeps rusting. Beside that, they told me i cant wash my car immediately after driving it. Need to cool off first lol.... i dont need to do that in the Alcons.

This is based on personal experiences.

:yummie:

Reeve;808644 said:
bro i have no experience with the superkit, but i had Alcon Extreme 6pots on my S5 SB and Alcon 4pots on my previous golf GTI. Also Brembo GT 6pot / 4pot on my 335i

Alcons didnt give me any problems at all. No warping issues. I prefer Alcon because they are much lighter compare with Brembo GT. And my steering doesnt feel heavier. even using similar disc size.

Ironically, My steering was so heavy after i fitted the brembos GT on my 335i . It feels like there is no power steering.

Also got alot of problems with my Brembo GT, alot of vibration and i skim the disc 2 times because they told me it warp.

But according to the workshop, my biggest problem is, i park the car for too long hahha. Sometime 1 month and the Brembo disc keeps rusting. Beside that, they told me i cant wash my car immediately after driving it. Need to cool off first lol.... i dont need to do that in the Alcons.

This is based on personal experiences.

:yummie:

Bro, thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a comprehensive experience of yours! It does seem that every kit would have some sort of issue, and also does depend on the usage pattern and maintenance.

Alcon is lighter coz the calipers are forged mono block whereas brembo GT ones are not...

TripleM;808901 said:
Alcon is lighter coz the calipers are forged mono block whereas brembo GT ones are not...
thanks for the info bro. :thumbsup:

am on 6/4 brembo GT kit...on street road is ok..on track..it was soft...like not enough bite after few laps...giving some vibrations on steering wheels...not sure if suspension or brake rotors

The highest performing brake rotors are all made of cast iron. Cast iron rusts. Certain steel alloys can be used but they are not as good on the whole. Coating or painting central portion of a cast iron rotor helps nothing but cosmetics.

There are no manufacturers that claim a brake system is different from its competitors because you can spray water on the rotor even when it is hot.

If, at normal road or highway speeds, you can feel massive steering weight change (assisted vs zero assist diff of at least 3kgm at very low speeds) from slightly more massive rotors and/or increased gyroscopic precession, then you have feel approaching or exceeding that of Ayrton Senna's. If you were to mount and calibrate a load cell on the steering column, you would not see a difference in the steering torque number. If you ran a proper steering load blind test (special aftermarket brake kit vs stock) , you would fail it. The human mind is very soft and open to suggestion even if only subconsciously.

Improper bedding or usage of any big brake kit can ruin the rotor and/or pads and cause juddering. Wrong compound for too harsh an application can lead to pad smearing and uneven buildup. The driver is involved in all this so the kit or the service provider cannot solely be blamed for problems arising from it.

What really cannot be excused is technical incompetence especially when it is combined with bad business attitude. When processes that are out of the customer's hands and purely in the service provider's are screwed up badly, the blame has only one place to go.

Being content to send customers off with a brake pedal softer than stock, despite new pads, new lines, new fluid (purchased from them too) is pure fail. This knowing that they're heading to track in a couple of days.
Saying that a brake pedal is better soft and should be that way because it provides better modulation, is crazy.
For a customer to have to be there physically to all the errors (multiple errors), is shameful. Separate errors include, forgetting shims, using lower grade of fluid than was prepaid for, using the wrong process to flush the system, instead letting air into the master cylinder where it can get trapped in the ABS unit, etc.
Unwillingness to discuss and resolve problems with customer despite knowing technical background, insisting it is nothing but useless arguing. This after 3+ hours of time has been consumed on what should take an hour tops. Preferring instead to send customer (spending more of his time), to competitor workshop to get it sorted out, promising refund if competitor fixes it. Competitor does indeed fix it (in 30 minutes), but then original lamer workshop initially refuse refund (on flush process alone, not products), saying that competitor should tell them what they did wrong in order for customer to qualify for refund. Customer has to explain that even if they wanted to tell you what originally was done wrong, they would not be able to because they simply weren't present. There are a hundred ways to screw something up, only a couple ways to do it right. Customer was present throughout, saw it, understood it, and wanted to discuss how to solve it, but they had too much ego to discuss, instead preferring to rattle on about "We are official blah blah blah for ABXYZ brand, so trust us we know what we're doing! We will solve it!" But this was after hours with no solution in sight. Never work off BS statements like that. I've had local big brand longtime tire guys put on all tires in reverse rotation. Another one recommended higher tire pressure going by wear that was more obviously caused by lack of camber or camber gain. Big names big brands mean nothing. Detail is everything. Guys that care only about money can easily screw up what seems grand.

So anyway, refund is eventually obtained. Almost nothing vs the time and money wasted, but it's principle.

Same place screwed up custom brackets even for another big shot customer. Service and support is everything. For all these reasons, in Singapore, I still strongly recommend AP, Brembo, Stoptech, Performance Friction, from Espace, BVO, J4C, BOSS. Top level products are all about the same with little differentiation. Better get top quality service (the other 50%, or even majority of the whole) to go along with it and not sabotage yourself.

Oh yah the same lame place told my friend and myself, that his car (that he bought from them) couldn't have its camber adjusted. But it could. It was a clear "can't be done", not a better "can be done but we can't do it for you because we don't have the time or equipment right now". Killer service! Maximum fail.

jasonmaxima;809598 said:
Wow...... Shuan.....you have a heap load of pent up frustration.

This, my friend, is true. I am powered by hate and frustration. It is why I am obese, losing hair, falling sick, can't eat, can't sleep, going blind, having no fun, banging away at my keyboard until it catches fire. I bottle stuff up for years.. decades... eating me alive from the inside :(

Help!

Shaun;809646 said:
This, my friend, is true. I am powered by hate and frustration. It is why I am obese, losing hair, falling sick, can't eat, can't sleep, going blind, having no fun, banging away at my keyboard until it catches fire. I bottle stuff up for years.. decades... eating me alive from the inside :(

Help!

Hey, please make sure u check their ICs thoroughly!!! :p

Roger dat, Chow Yun Fat.

==

To clarify, earlier when I said "The highest performing brake rotors are all made of cast iron". I meant metal rotors only.. leaving ceramic and carbon rotors out since they're no where near as widespread in use in road cars yet, vs metal.

Shaun;809646 said:

Help!

Shaun I think I know who you referring to. Btw, I think you're a cancer star. ;)

Hahah ;)

It's not about being perfect. Everyone, every garage, makes mistakes - and often enough too. It's how soon and how willingly, correction of an error is made that really matters. Correction in terms of basic business (customer service) and basic technical competence - not illogic and convenient answers, lack of thought, aggression, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
game789clubb
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back