All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

PewPewPew;600134 said:
Maybe to be clear:
Audi- speed is variable
Z4 - 2 speeds. Stationary and moving ( can toggle higher or lower)

E89 Z4 - can adjust the sensitivity of the rain sensor...at any setting, the wiper will pace the speed of the car...

PewPewPew;600950 said:
I'm driving the 23 z4... It should have rain sensors right? It's a pml car

yes have..............

cheers

Did experience something similar ...but car did not stall. Was on a steep slope at the lights. So rather than engaging the "P" and wait or put my foot on the brake pedal, I engaged "D" mode. The electronics decided to hold the car on the slope with D1 and then you can hear alot of gear shifting sound as though it is trying to balance itself on the slope. After a while, a warning light came up indicating gearbox caution. Seems to me that the electronics try to switch the gearing back and forth and it does not like that.

just collected the ride today from PML, anyone know where and the cost to replace the rear center piece mesh wind deflector with the see through glass type, the mesh one affect the vision in the night.

does the wind deflector work? is there a difference when I drive without it with the top down ?

anvillyson;601838 said:
just collected the ride today from PML, anyone know where and the cost to replace the rear center piece mesh wind deflector with the see through glass type, the mesh one affect the vision in the night.

does the wind deflector work? is there a difference when I drive without it with the top down ?

Hi Anvillyson,

Congrats once again................
Personally i don't use the wind deflector at all since day 1................( very personal if you ask me )

* calling Daniel ( transparent wind deflector ), haha
cheers

Going to fix rims and tint tomorrow.

Question:

1) Do everyone here install tint, tot is come with heat reflective on the dash and seat leather?

2) Doing run in now, do you guys change the oil at PML recommended 12000km or right after run in at about 2000km, I did not do this for previous 3 and 5 series which is 4 cyclinder?

anvillyson;601840 said:
Going to fix rims and tint tomorrow.

Question:

1) Do everyone here install tint, tot is come with heat reflective on the dash and seat leather?

2) Doing run in now, do you guys change the oil at PML recommended 12000km or right after run in at about 2000km, I did not do this for previous 3 and 5 series which is 4 cyclinder?

Hi Anvillyson,

if your ride is White, i think tint it.........very good contrast....my ride Black so didnt wanna tint it otherwise too dark.....( again very personal )................Leebmer's ride is DEEPSeaBlue and he tint it, looks great too............

for me i run in 1500km ( did not rev above 3988rpm )....but 100km is still fine ( i heard, dun flame me )..........

i change my oil at 5000km when new, then 12000km, send to PML and still change oil every 5500km.

what rims you upgrading? 19ins or 20ins?
cheers

ac323;601846 said:
Hi Anvillyson,

if your ride is White, i think tint it.........very good contrast....my ride Black so didnt wanna tint it otherwise too dark.....( again very personal )................Leebmer's ride is DEEPSeaBlue and he tint it, looks great too............

for me i run in 1500km ( did not rev above 3988rpm )....but 100km is still fine ( i heard, dun flame me )..........

i change my oil at 5000km when new, then 12000km, send to PML and still change oil every 5500km.

what rims you upgrading? 19ins or 20ins?
cheers

will be getting 19" most likely Breyton GTP, not too much on visual for the tint but more towards hest rejection as my office open car park no shelter..

i think the wind deflector is super useless. doesnt work at all as the name suggest.

should have save the 200+usd i spent on it to get an engine oil change.

i didnt run in the car at all, red line it a few times from day 1. change oil at 1k mark and subsequently every 4-5k.

will advise you tint to the darkest compliant shade. No joke to park under the hot sun in SG!

anvillyson;601855 said:
will be getting 19" most likely Breyton GTP, not too much on visual for the tint but more towards hest rejection as my office open car park no shelter..

Hi anvillyson,

looks like you need the tint or use a car cover for a full protection, hehe........................................................

cheers

can share with me where you get the transparent wind deflector, is it easy to install? mine already came with the mesh type wind deflector but it affect vision at night is it direct swop as the brackets are already there. thanks.

DropBox

Git it tinted and changed the rim to Breyton GTP

hi to all bro & sista,
am super new here, this is my 1st post,
wish own a Z4 too, but dunno able or not yet...... :(
may i know wat is the omv for this car?
is it a fixed thing or its changable by pml?
wat is the price u guys pay for here? now & then?

ngblack;602590 said:
hi to all bro & sista,
am super new here, this is my 1st post,
wish own a Z4 too, but dunno able or not yet...... :(
may i know wat is the omv for this car?
is it a fixed thing or its changable by pml?
wat is the price u guys pay for here? now & then?

I bought mine 2.3i from PI in June 2010, price purchase then was only $178k...

$178k, heehee

:goodup::goodup::goodup:

Thanks for sharing,
Yes am looking at 2.3, wah!!178 is a steal!!
How abt omv??

Wah 35i for only 210000?
Cool..
Hope to hear more from the expert here,
Abt price and omv, thanks a lot inadvance

JasonKuan;602606 said:
I bought mine 2.3i from PI in June 2010, price purchase then was only $178k...

$178k, heehee

:goodup::goodup::goodup:

That's really a "fair" price in comparison to the what pml is charging...

I've just relocated back to Singapore after spending several years in China. And this seems like a really bad timing for me to come back and needing to buy a car.

Towards the end of last year before I was even back in SGP, I've started asking around several PIs on Z4 s23i and prices quoted to me were in the range of 180K to 200K.

Jason - would you mind pm me the contact of the PI you've used? Thanks!
Although this price is impossible in current climate but at least I got to know of a PI that has been use by member of this forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilikocomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back