all car lovers please help and advise

elviskua

Hi all forumers,

please give my your view and advise on this.

I Had lately just respray my ride( JDM accord 2.0 ) in yishun industrial, 1 of the reputable spray shop there.

It cost me $1300 for the outer black coat respray done.

I expect a very nice paint job done.

after I collect my car for 2 days in the rain I notice there is a lot of swirls mark all over the car, even my chrome window frame is affected.

I am very upset that this happen to my beloved car, and now very upset.

I still remember that they use a dirty pad on the polishing machne to grind my new paint. sob sob

Please advise for what should I do, pls advise and many thanks.

Re: all car lovers please help and advise

1st thing that comes to mind is bring it back to them and tell them to fix it. I don't see the point of spending extra money to fix it when the whole point of you paying them is to make your car look brand new, not full of scratches.

A good paintjob should not have this kind of result. Maybe it's not too reputable afterall. Usually a decent paintjob costs $2k and above.

Hi bro thanks for your reply, should I go back and request for another polishing or respray and am I too demanding on this? Frankly speaking i dun want to be a fussy customer but dun wish to be taken for a ride. Now very sian..

Well, you must be quite an unconfrontational kinda guy, haha...

The way I look at it, it's like buying a pack of spoilt milk that's not expired according to the label. You know you want milk so that you can nourish yourself. You go to the supermarket and there are tonnes of choices all promising to deliver both taste and nutrition. You choose one and pay for it. When you get home and drink it, it's sour and gives you a stomachache, what should you do?

Some people will say nevermind, better luck next time while others will return it milk and some might even hire a lawyer and sue the milk company. I personally would bring it to the attention of the company and make sure they refund my money and pay for my medical bills.

You cannot deny the fact that you did not get what you paid for. Good luck!

Just bring its back to the place, these is nothing wrong at all as their job is not up to standard... Nothing to be scared about... definately not demanding at all. If its me i'll go KPKB and go flip table for wasting my time and money

Thanks for your opinion Xuexun and chicken,

I will go back and get them to resolve it.

I will be firmed on this because other then my family. My car is my 2nd most love.

Will keep ya posted. thz oh.

Btw chicken what you work as? you can dun reply if its not convience.. keke

be careful, some paint shop will say that the during delivery the car is fine, it is urself who get the swirl mark onto the car after the delivery. very difficult to justify to CASE or even litigation. bang table also no use i think.

Perhaps it is alright to name the shop, example Robxxxson Wxxx to imply Robertson Walk. No direct accusation.

u just got to go back to the shop,u paid them for labour charge n expect them to do a good job. U r not a fussy customer, its ur rite!
just tell them off...

I just call the boss up, he talk like screaming to me and keep telling me not to listen to others. Also he said that black car is like that, sure have swirls marks and need to wax weekly. Also challenge me to ask my friend with black car to go down and compare.

In the end he ask me to go down and do another round of polish.
However I dun think they can resolve it and after they polish it. They wont entertain me anymore
For what i see is that after they polish and wax sure cannot see the swirls marks only untill few days later it will auto resurface.

What do you think i should do, to let them repolish my car or an other opinion.

I really regret spraying my car there.

xuexun said:
Just bring its back to the place, these is nothing wrong at all as their job is not up to standard... Nothing to be scared about... definately not demanding at all. If its me i'll go KPKB and go flip table for wasting my time and money
lol! u go there n flip their tables..later they call the cops!:lol2:

maybe you bring down to Spa for Car and see what they say about the spraying... maybe they have a better way for you to do it..

chickenbackside said:
I'm in the music production business...
hahaha lol a chicken working in a music production business talking abt MILK!hahaha lol
ok sorry..i was just joking:offtopic: :yummie:

nicholastan91 said:
hahaha lol a chicken working in a music production business talking abt MILK!hahaha lol
ok sorry..i was just joking:offtopic: :yummie:

nicholas, i think this is very offensive about what you say... you should respect them on their nicks or what their profession are...

hmm although i have no car..but if i were u..i will try another shop..shop that my friends recomand..hmm abt that case,too bad for u loh..wasted the money...bad luck..hmm if u go back n talk or show faces..i dun think that will help,but taking more time...hehe to if me..i will try another shop..

Btw the are at Yishun Industral Park A. Kxxg Sxxg Blk 1xx6.

Now the more I think, I dun feel comfortable to let them touch my car again.

Do you think is it fair to ask for a small partial refund so that i can polish at spa for car?

morphisis said:
nicholas, i think this is very offensive about what you say... you should respect them on their nicks or what their profession are...
ya ok very very sorry...i still young...sorry..joking only...:oops: :oops: :(

elviskua said:
Btw the are at Yishun Industral Park A. Kxxg Sxxg Blk 1xx6.

Now the more I think, I dun feel comfortable to let them touch my car again.

Do you think is it fair to ask for a small partial refund so that i can polish at spa for car?

sorry, i dont really know about the refund matter... but i feel maybe you should just dont go back again... and proceed to Spa For Car 1st to see what the kind people there say about your ride before you decide on what to do...

Sorry to hear that Elvis.

Before anything they're already telling you it can't be fixed, not very good. Worst kind of workshop. Promise you the world and after delivering crap, don't even admit it and shouts and the paying customer. A few options really.

There's hardly anything you can do legally that's financially feasible and that would yield a positive result, so it's not really a route that's worth pursueing.

You can go there and shout louder than him and make him submit. But like you said, the results are unlikely to last. Black cars SURE have swirl marks according to the horse's mouth. So it seems he does not have the skills to make black paint work on any car.

I would suggest you make a trip to a professional groomer and ask them for help. They will assess your paint work and advise you accordingly. I personally have had very good experiences with Spa For Cars (one of our forum sponsors). One of the owners of the place has a black car and I don't see any swirl marks on it. Best is to just drive your car there and talk to Roy or Jerman and let them inspect your car. They are very friendly people and I promise you they will not pressure you into anything. Absolutely nothing to lose. If you don't get good vibes, simply go elsewhere.

I brought my car to them, full of swirl marks from pertol station type manual car wash, and they got rid of it, and it lasted til today (more than 6 months). Do a search on them and you'll see mostly good experiences with them.

Good luck man...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back