all car lovers please help and advise

Re: all car lovers please help and advise

chickenbackside said:
Sorry to hear that Elvis.

Before anything they're already telling you it can't be fixed, not very good. Worst kind of workshop. Promise you the world and after delivering crap, don't even admit it and shouts and the paying customer. A few options really.

There's hardly anything you can do legally that's financially feasible and that would yield a positive result, so it's not really a route that's worth pursueing.

You can go there and shout louder than him and make him submit. But like you said, the results are unlikely to last. Black cars SURE have swirl marks according to the horse's mouth. So it seems he does not have the skills to make black paint work on any car.

I would suggest you make a trip to a professional groomer and ask them for help. They will assess your paint work and advise you accordingly. I personally have had very good experiences with Spa For Cars (one of our forum sponsors). One of the owners of the place has a black car and I don't see any swirl marks on it. Best is to just drive your car there and talk to Roy or Jerman and let them inspect your car. They are very friendly people and I promise you they will not pressure you into anything. Absolutely nothing to lose. If you don't get good vibes, simply go elsewhere.

I brought my car to them, full of swirl marks from pertol station type manual car wash, and they got rid of it, and it lasted til today (more than 6 months). Do a search on them and you'll see mostly good experiences with them.

Good luck man...
hmm u say bring his car to professional groomer...sounds like its gonna spend alot of money...i feel so heart ache for him..:(

It's cool guys. No offense taken at all.

chickenbackside said:
Actually, it doesn't cost much money at all in the scheme of things. When you know and see the process, you will know it's money very well-spent.
ic...so how abt his $1300??he wun get it back rite?

can't even get back $30 for my cab fare to and fro. he call me back and ask me to go back on thursday and repolish and ask me to bring along my car wax that cover swirls marks.

i requested from him $190 for me to go spa for car for the service. He insisted that its not his fault hence not going to come out the money.

Instead he ask me to go and do it then dun wash it for 2 weeks and after that if the swirls mark dun appear he pay me back the $190.

I dun trust him as end of the day he will come out will full of others excuses.

sian ah... should i go back again and let him polish or an better advice

generally, the polishing compounds used by car painters are more abrasive than those used by car detailers hence swirl marks are not uncommon.

i was speaking to the boss of a neighbouring spray painting shop and she readily admits that sometimes her customers complain that the polishing she provides leaves swirl marks on their new paintwork, that's why she refers those who don't mind paying a little extra to my shop for professional grooming instead.

You can't really blame the paint shop sometimes, the products they use and the experience they have are skewed towards sanding down and elimination of gross imperfections in the paintwork and not fine details like swirl mark removal. painting and detailing are different kettle of fish. however, if they promised you a mirror finish but failed to deliver, then that's another issue altogether.

in summary, go to a professional car groomer, not a spray painting shop to remove your swirls.

elviskua. i agree with CBS and louis. u should try to look for a second opinion about the damage done. like i said before, u have no case against the painter.

maybe it is not that bad afterall and just paranoid because of the black colored car showing more swirl marks under bright lights.

elviskua said:
can't even get back $30 for my cab fare to and fro. he call me back and ask me to go back on thursday and repolish and ask me to bring along my car wax that cover swirls marks.

i requested from him $190 for me to go spa for car for the service. He insisted that its not his fault hence not going to come out the money.

Instead he ask me to go and do it then dun wash it for 2 weeks and after that if the swirls mark dun appear he pay me back the $190.

I dun trust him as end of the day he will come out will full of others excuses.

sian ah... should i go back again and let him polish or an better advice

well, maybe if you really want the $190 back from you.. make him write in black and white to prove that he will pay you back if the marks dont come back... at least you got prove that he signed and chop.. but thats about the far end to go...

i just wash my car just now and notice that even my crome door frame also got deep swirls marks. sob sob...

Called him up and talk to him. He knew that i am very serious and angry, he ask me tmr morning go down to his shop with my wax and he will polish for me cos he said that his wax is just normal type and he knew that i had applied 1coat of premium wax. Like that also can.

I no choice but to go down tmr and to let him do it one last time. If really cannot work. I also dun know how...

he doesn't know what he's talking about.

a wax doesn't remove swirls. you need a proper polish. waxes with fillers can hide swirl marks but they will reappear after a few washes. some combination waxes do contain mild abrasives for polishing as well but if your swirl marks are as bad as you make them out to be, they won't be effective.

also, don't let him use chrome polish on your door trim if it is chrome coated plastic.

Hi Louis,

I know that the shop only know how to spray and know nuts on polishing. maybe i should buythe Meguiar's scractch X for them to polish.

if end of they day spoil. consider i suay to patronise his shop. wasted $1300 and mabe going to your place for help. btw where is your shop located at?

Meg Scratch X is a DIY thing, so you can try it yourself to see how effective it is, why bother going back there?

my shop's called JuzzBrilliant and we're at #05-10 Sin Ming Autocare. i'm not a sponsor here though so i'm going to refrain from advertising more about the services we provide.

if you want more info, PM me!

As long the paint is good!, thick... a good clear coat... that's all it matters... swirl marks are nothing...

Swirl Marks usually will be there, even if u dun see it... they're somewhere around, dun fret too much bout it... many know how anal i am, so when i got mine done... they already warned me, "errr... ur car will have abit of swirl marks, but ur groomers will be able to fix it ok ?". hahaha..

pad already might have been worn out, but more imptly... they never use the right compound... hence the swirls... i suggest going to SFC, try them out.. don't think u'll be dissapointed...

Thanks for all your feedback.

Have any one know whether if a set of PU bodykit is good in term of its finishing, will it be smooth after spraying and install? (I had found out that PU is very durable as comapre to fiber)

Generally, PU kits look much better when painted. It doesn't have the "wavy" look that fibreglass has. Also PU doesn't crack. If you hit someting like a kerb, chances are that only the paint will be damaged but the PU parts will be relatively unscathed, unlike fibreglass, which will crack and break.

Most original body kits and kits from reputable companies are made of PU, and it's easy to see why...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuwinso1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back