All new car deliveries are conducted at the flagship Alexandra Road showroom??

Rags

Read this article recently

Pomp and pageantry in delivery of high-end cars

In the article, BMW claimed "At BMW, all new car deliveries are conducted at the flagship Alexandra Road showroom in special air-conditioned delivery rooms equipped with exhaust extractors to allow the engine to be switched on."

My question is - Was I short-change? I bought my F10 from Performance Motors but the car was delivered to me from a garage at Sime Darby Bukit Timah.

Do share your thoughts.

Re: All new car deliveries are conducted at the flagship Alexandra Road showroom??

Rags;683917 said:

In the article, BMW claimed "At BMW, all new car deliveries are conducted at the flagship Alexandra Road showroom in special air-conditioned delivery rooms equipped with exhaust extractors to allow the engine to be switched on."

My question is - Was I short-change? I bought my F10 from Performance Motors but the car was delivered to me from a garage at Sime Darby Bukit Timah.

Do share your thoughts.

This happens when the delivery facilities are over booked and customers are unable to accommodate any other delivery dates/time. For instance, during the Jun F10 promo, some deilveries were conducted at the parking level of the Alex showroom. I witnessed it though I took mine in a proper delivery bay. To be fair, the SA should mention this to the customer if dedicated delivery facilities are unavailable.

Re: All new car deliveries are conducted at the flagship Alexandra Road showroom??

Its nothing la.... just a room with the car and some nice seats.... don't think they'd give you any discounts if you collected your car in the parking lot. Not a big thing.....

I feel its important. One, the lighting in the delivery bays allow for a clearer inspection of the vehicle for any imperfections compared to a dim carpark. Next, it can get quite uncomfortable in an unairconditioned carpark for a 45mins collection session....

The experience is definitely different if you have been to Sime Darby Centre. My new car was parked next to those cars sent for servicing and repairs.

My point is that they shouldn't make this claim if they did not do it for every new car delivery. Can't complain now...my F10 is a small car.

take a chill pill bro,

I know the delivery of the new ride it is part of the Joyful driving experience
But is not a major issues...

Nevertheless you get the enjoy a ride a lot of people will be envious about.

When my friend went to take delivery of his new E90 just a few weeks back, Was also done in the car park outside those dedicated delivery room...

He wasnt the only one, there were 2 E70 X5 owners also there taking delivery too. That didnt put a dent on to the joy when they collected the keys to the new cars.

Enjoy the F10, is definitely not "small" for them to dismiss you Bro....

If they can deliver it to me, that would be perfect.

i heard audi and lexus give 'superb' new car collection experience ... macam graduation ceremony :lol:

wt_know;684319 said:
i heard audi and lexus give 'superb' new car collection experience ... macam graduation ceremony :lol:

Not really for Audi. It's in their delivery bay but nothing spectacular. Also had to rush through as there was another delivery scheduled. The VW one is better--at least more spacious. :chinese:

Last edited by a moderator:

I told my SA to deliver my new car to my house with all the proper documentation. What is the big deal where you collect your car. My SA was hesitant to do it because she is worry about damaging it along the way. Eventually she did it and It saves me the hassle of going to PML and waiting through the whole process.:shakemyb::dance::wavey:

solid !!!

but anything can happen on the expressway....brave you.

That's the risk I take. It could also happen when you send the car in for service and the SA takes it out for a final inspection drive.

I collected from Alexandra for both my Beemrs..

Experience so-so only...

I guess sometimes deliveries are too many... timing conflict hence delivery in carpark.

I collect both my cars on weekends at 9am.

Rags;683917 said:

Do share your thoughts.

Mine from Pi..... deliver in Pi showroom but my savings compare with PML is almost 40k.

Rags;683917 said:

Do share your thoughts.

I guess such things are subjective. Some prefer nice swanky deliveries, some prefer just take and go. You are not wrong in this sense, you paid a good deal of money for your car so of cos if there is the option of collecting your car in a nicer environment, why not, right?

But sometimes, as everyone else has mentioned, too many deliveries, time conflicts, etc as resulted in customers collecting from carparks, etc. So boh pian sometimes. As for me, I collected mine at Sime Darby too, from the workshop or a place where cars are parked. I have no issue with it.

Most impt my new car is problem free, no dents, no scratches, no defects, etc. Im happy.

Since you collected your car, enjoy your ride and don worry too much about it. The collection is just a very small experience of the car, the daily driving of your car forms up the majority of time spent together.

Cheers and enjoy your ride! :)

if ur SE is chio...... delivery will be in the delivery room

delrosa81;684496 said:
I guess such things are subjective. Some prefer nice swanky deliveries, some prefer just take and go. You are not wrong in this sense, you paid a good deal of money for your car so of cos if there is the option of collecting your car in a nicer environment, why not, right?

But sometimes, as everyone else has mentioned, too many deliveries, time conflicts, etc as resulted in customers collecting from carparks, etc. So boh pian sometimes. As for me, I collected mine at Sime Darby too, from the workshop or a place where cars are parked. I have no issue with it.

Most impt my new car is problem free, no dents, no scratches, no defects, etc. Im happy.

Since you collected your car, enjoy your ride and don worry too much about it. The collection is just a very small experience of the car, the daily driving of your car forms up the majority of time spent together.

Cheers and enjoy your ride! :)

I tell you, you can have all the swanky delivery and simi chio bu SE attending to you but once you drive out and it rains, kenna poon muddy water by &#*&^#& lorries in front plus rim kerb rash, all earlier events will be completely forgotten

actually i nv collect car from PML before... they give u what ? got wine and freebies voucher or free gift or what or not?

buy proton sage sure got special delivery.most probably the only car delivered that day and confirm no jam and you get all the attention you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curveswithmovesdotcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back