All purpled out...

chickenbackside

Legendary 10 Years
Hi folks.

I've been getting a bit bored of my interior, so decided to get a set of used interior trims to experiment with.

Bored of this
Before.jpg

So I got Angie to paint the extra set of trims
Painted.jpg

FiftyFive's delicate hands at work
55Hands.jpg

And I'm all purpled out
Purpled.jpg

I was afraid that it would turn out to be too kinky, but I must say it's growing on me. At first glance, it looks like glossy black, but look carefully and you can see a very deep shade of aubergine.

When I get bored of this one, maybe I'll wrap it in leather or something. Til next time...

Special thanks to:
1) FiftyFive and Subzero for helping me to take out the old trims and install the new ones. Drinks on me!

2) Angie for deciding on the colour for me based on my vague idea. I just totally left it up to her and it turned out great!

Re: All purpled out...

ferd;188394 said:
hmm looks piano black to me from far.... do a close up pic of the installed trim leh... :)

Ferd.. thats the whole point... When Barney is happy, its purple... when Barney is mad, the fangs and piano black becomes obvious... some mood reaction paint CBS was telling me about.... :juggle:

LOOKS GORGEOUS!
In fact I was just wondering why you hadnt done this mod yet :lol2:The original silver looks too 'normal' on your pimped out ride....

adds a touch a sleekness to your Barneymobil.....GOOD JOB!

55 & cbs, how about this.... 2 puncture marks on those trims, kinda shows the car has been vampire bitten and has super powers...unhuman.... :)

that would be wicked!

btw, nice colour for the trims!

lovely touch! i think purple stitching would complement your interior nicely too.

Nice touch! Think that it would look better in real life.

Much nicer in real life. Black by night , Purple by day....

ninja07;188423 said:
LOOKS GORGEOUS!
In fact I was just wondering why you hadnt done this mod yet :lol2:The original silver looks too 'normal' on your pimped out ride....

adds a touch a sleekness to your Barneymobil.....GOOD JOB!

Thanks Vic. Actually I've been thinking about doing this for a very long time already. But I just didn't want to do it to my original trims. So I waited and waited and waited, and finally came across Newredbug who advertised his used ones for sale for $30 with missing gear console trim (see http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bazaar-bmw-parts-accessories/15457-wts-e46-parts-sale.html#post179490). Finding the missing piece was as easy as making a call to Eng Soon. They had a used piece sitting around too and I bought that for peanuts too. So it's all good!

ferd;188437 said:
55 & cbs, how about this.... 2 puncture marks on those trims, kinda shows the car has been vampire bitten and has super powers...unhuman.... :)

that would be wicked!

btw, nice colour for the trims!

Yeah, they'd have to be the "way too slavering huge" type puncture marks... The only superhuman talent I possess is the ability to eat superhuman amounts of food and feeling super bloated after that...

Azrielsc;188443 said:
Very nice!! Now U have matching exterior & interior! Woot!

Actually, they don't quite match. The interior is quite a lot darker than the exterior. It's almost black with a purplish tint. But this was what I wanted anyway...

BlackStealth;188445 said:
Not a bad idea.. looks cool.

hip hip

Hooray.

I'd rather have your car. Look cool but cannot move. Poser type. Sigh...

louis;188450 said:
lovely touch! i think purple stitching would complement your interior nicely too.

I did explore the idea of wrapping it in leather with stitching. But too lazy and took the easy way out, haha...

Gahm siah everyone for your kind words.

There's one guy who doesn't like it lah. He apparently hates cats as well cos he had them chopped off his car. Well, you can't please everyone...

who's the cat-hater?....

Nice! No wonder I saw you at Angie's the other day.... ur barney ride very easy to recognise on the road!

What a steal at $30 for the used trim...ya I know what you mean, keep the original as spare just in case. Its turned out real nice, all well worth it !

chickenbackside;188481 said:
Thanks Vic. Actually I've been thinking about doing this for a very long time already. But I just didn't want to do it to my original trims. So I waited and waited and waited, and finally came across Newredbug who advertised his used ones for sale for $30 with missing gear console trim (see http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bazaar-bmw-parts-accessories/15457-wts-e46-parts-sale.html#post179490). Finding the missing piece was as easy as making a call to Eng Soon. They had a used piece sitting around too and I bought that for peanuts too. So it's all good!

shaaz;188485 said:
who's the cat-hater?....

This guy:
shaaz;188180 said:
Well, i don't have any cats or precats and i have no check lights and all my O2 sensors are still intact so ... for me no problem ..

yogi_lite;188488 said:
Nice! No wonder I saw you at Angie's the other day.... ur barney ride very easy to recognise on the road!

Thanks yogi_lite! Your new ride is very recognisable too! And it'll be even more so after the new paintjob! Very good choice of colour! Congrats! Nice bumping to you on the road...

NIce one CBS, hmmm maybe I shud be posting my recent Fully Kerschered Ride just to update. Lemme see if I can get some shots done this weekend. BTW I am having a newest addtiton to my family this September and it will be a GIRL. Nice ride bro. Regards ibmw

envy.. asked angie to do mine. but she said mine`s too rough to get a nice finish :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo6789skin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back