Alloygator anyone tried before?

Re: Alloygator anyone tried before?

hi there...i have placed an order n waiting for it to arrive...looks interesting n also if it works why not...to protect the ex. rims...(i ordered silver to match my ride) keep u update once it arrive...cheers!!!

Interesting....

Any idea when on high speed will it just fall off and also affect safety?

it's similar to wheel pinstripe and the material is rubber to protect the wheel ?

will it fit all the different type of lip shapes?

did u guys see the installation video? i dun think it is that straight fwd...

:(

well let me be the G.pig to try it out n update u guys ::) anyone wans to help me knock it in when it arrives? k do a alloyBuaya fitting session. heehee. will update the looks n if it works once it arrives..cheers!!!

Haha steady. Wanted to install this because I want to spray the outer run of my rims. Thought might as well use this. Anyway tale note that before u knock it in u must deflate the tyre. Maybe can get some rim shop to help you with it. Waitin for your feedback bro!

I dun think any material can protect your wheels if you are not careful with kerbing/curbing. Depending on thickness, this is similar to pinstriping vinyl. No harm trying though.

My only concern is that it will trap water after your car wash and cause stubborn water stains beneath it.

Just a followup on the previous postings, Bro 300 just tried installing his alloygator yest morning. Taken some pics and will be uploading them once I figure out how. Interesting product but installation still has some tiny issues to sort out. Will update soon.

Original look.

[View attachment 25570

Installation in progress

View attachment 25571

Close up view of the excess portion

View attachment 25572

Finished look. Whitenight commented that the alloygator looks like part of the car. The rims also look slightly bigger than normal

View attachment 25573

Side View.

View attachment 25574

The imperfection. notice the gap as too much were trimmed in the process of "flushing" the finished joint. Installation process needs to be refined?

View attachment 25575

Sorry for the poor resolution from my iphone camera.

Group buy anyone?

Onz la! though agree that installation needs to be improved. Did it at Boss?

shaun if got gruop buy remember to order 1 pcs silver for me :) cheers!!!

Please do a test by driving your wheels against the kerb and let us know what happens... HAHA just kidding. Thx for the pics.

300;557763 said:
shaun if got gruop buy remember to order 1 pcs silver for me :) cheers!!!

Haha definitely!

unfortunately after gathering some info from the internet about potential issues, seems that the alloygator wont fit my wheels due to the yokohama tyres i am using. They are not as flushed to the rims as other brands. sad. But i will organise a group buy if u guys are keen nonetheless!

Btw i saw on the official webpage that they have a form of "clip" to cover up the final part. think unable to make it perfectly flushed and invis to the eye. clip may be the next best option? will email them now.

longhorn;557768 said:
Please do a test by driving your wheels against the kerb and let us know what happens... HAHA just kidding. Thx for the pics.

I volunteer one piece extra to be installed and tested on one of your wheel if you willing. Haha!

hey bro shaun...i just made an order from alloygator for the screwed up pc that the workshop did. Found out on the web that they now have the extra pc to cover up the gap which they didnt have when i ordered before. so i ordered 1 extra pc n the clips to cover the gaps. i was at hurry tyres just now n was served by the young chap there( very helpful n friendly) he told me to bring down the product n he will fit it for me. I strongly believe they will do a better job than the workshop guy did....will keep u updated on the fitting once the product arrives...cheers!!!

300;557944 said:
hey bro shaun...i just made an order from alloygator for the screwed up pc that the workshop did. Found out on the web that they now have the extra pc to cover up the gap which they didnt have when i ordered before. so i ordered 1 extra pc n the clips to cover the gaps. i was at hurry tyres just now n was served by the young chap there( very helpful n friendly) he told me to bring down the product n he will fit it for me. I strongly believe they will do a better job than the workshop guy did....will keep u updated on the fitting once the product arrives...cheers!!!

Haha steady! U really quick hands quick legs. Let me know when u going to fit. Btw best ask for installation instructions for the clip too. Think no mention on the website for that yet. Cheers!

Found the video of it in You Tube,looks interesting!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITp2f0nNis&feature=related"]YouTube - AlloyGator Alloy Wheel Protection System[/ame]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88osaka

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back