• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Alpina B7 for Sale

10bmwking

Up for sale.

2007 BMW Alpina B7. This car would be coming from the USA, shipped to Singapore. The buyer would be responsible for COE, Taxes, and all relevant taxes due in Singapore. Seller is responsible for shipping.

Fully loaded with every option available for the Alpina. This is truly a collectors car.

Price: S$160,000 car only.
Mileage: 22,000 Kilometers
Condition: Excellent

Contact Todd at [email protected] if interested. Will send pictures upon request.

Drivetrain

Drive type Rear-wheel drive
Engine type V8
Displacement (cc/cu-in) 4398cc (268 cu-in)
Valvetrain double overhead camshaft
Compression ratio (x:1) 9.0
Horsepower (hp @ rpm) 500 @ 5,500
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm) 516 @ 4,250
Transmission type 6-speed Automatic

Chassis

Suspension, front MacPherson strut
Suspension, rear Multilink
Steering type Speed-proportional power steering
Turning circle (ft.) 39.7
Tire brand Michelin
Tire model Pilot Sport
Tire type performance
Tire size, front 245/35ZR21 Z
Tire size, rear 285/30ZR21 Z
Wheel size 21 X 9.0 front - 21 X 10.5 rear
Wheel material alloy
Brakes, front Front ventilated disc - rear ventilated disc
Brakes, rear ventilated disc
Track Test Results
0-45 mph (sec.) 3.4
0-60 mph (sec.) 5
0-75 mph (sec.) 7
1/4-mile (sec. @ mph) 13.3 @ 108.6
Braking, 30-0 mph (ft.) 28
60-0 mph (ft.) 114
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph) 68.6
Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g) 0.85
Sound level @ idle (dB) 47
@ Full throttle (dB) 72.7
@ 70 mph cruise (dB) 60.2

Re: Alpina B7 for Sale

Are you sure you are even allowed to register it here in the first place?

(lemme answer, no)

ONE.MOTORING - Self Importation & Registration

Guidelines:

• You can only import cars that are less than 3 years of age.
  • The age of a used vehicle is valid from the date of its first registration in a foreign country.
  • If you cannot ascertain the first registration date of the vehicle, then the age of your vehicle will be deemed to be valid from the first day of its manufacture.
  • All modifications made to your car must be properly certified, and can only be carried out by the manufacturer or an agent authorised by the manufacturer.
  • Your car must use unleaded petrol.
  • Your car must use CFC-free air conditioners
  • Your car must pass an inspection at any authorised inspection centres.
+ it's LHD

Thanks for the info. Could a buyer make this car part of a collection? I know Singapore has strict rules on automobiles but I guess I am trying to target a collector (someone who will not be using the car as a daily driver).

10bmwking;865538 said:
Thanks for the info. Could a buyer make this car part of a collection? I know Singapore has strict rules on automobiles but I guess I am trying to target a collector (someone who will not be using the car as a daily driver).
Possible if you can find such a buyer who also appreciates this as a collectable. Otherwise, you'll prob. have better luck selling where you are.

Right on. I appreciate all of the info and will leave this ad posted for a possible collector to come by.

160K car only? + OMV + COE + GST + shipping + insrance the car would be half a million dollars. I'd rather buy a used Ferrari: http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=251896&DL=1231

And good job clocking posts... so you can make this post.

Whoever told you that you can sell your Alpina in Singapore for $160k should get smacked.

WITH taxes, maybe. Car only... try some mafia in South Africa?

Last edited by a moderator:

So as an exporter I would be responsible for the OMV + COE + GST + insurance??? I thought those responsibilities went to the buyer. How much could pocket from selling this car in the Singapore market...after all the costs (i.e., OMV, COE, GST, etc.) associated and how much would those costs be?

I have looked into the south african market too by the way, I haven't found a mafia buyer yet but soon hopefully haha.

As an exporter, no. But to any potential buyer - 80k GBP would net lots of delicious buys from the secondary UK market. RHD as it should be and usable as it can easily be less than 3 yrs old! What use is a previous generation LHD B7 if it can't hit the road or look prettier than a true vintage Ferrari in the living room?

A brand new 2013 B7 Alpina is selling for about US$130K, how do you think somebody would buy your old Alpina at the same price? If you're trying to BS the forumers than you're in the wrong place.

__iceman__;865646 said:
.........hit the road ....?

Yoz, r u Kimi Raikkonen? WTH r u doing here? Aren't u with Lotus? Better not be seen being too friendly BMW ok!! :lol2: :lol2:

__iceman__;865646 said:
As an exporter, no. But to any potential buyer - 80k GBP would net lots of delicious buys from the secondary UK market. RHD as it should be and usable as it can easily be less than 3 yrs old! What use is a previous generation LHD B7 if it can't hit the road or look prettier than a true vintage Ferrari in the living room?

Can you explain what GBP is? Do you know any buyers outside of Singapore that would be interested in this car or any outlets in other countries I could sell it through?

Thanks for the info man!

GBP = British Pounds. Use GOOGLE if you don't know what something is.

detach8;865652 said:
A brand new 2013 B7 Alpina is selling for about US$130K, how do you think somebody would buy your old Alpina at the same price? If you're trying to BS the forumers than you're in the wrong place.

Not at all trying to BS the forumers, that would be a waste of my time. I am trying to figure out the Singapore car market. I know the system is based on somewhat of a lottery program where you have to pay so much to be awarded a certificate to purchase a car but why in the world are the vehicles so expensive? Even with the COE at $83,000 and the OMV at $320,000 on a new Ferrari 458 Italia (over 1601 CC) and some miscellaneous taxes on the vehicle where does the additional cost of nearly $600,000 come from (http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=10885)?

The concept of purchasing a car for $70,000 in Singapore for what costs me $16,000 in the States is incredible. What I am ultimately trying to do is sell my B7 for roughly what I paid for it. In the U.S. market the going rate is US$60,000 for my vehicle and I purchased it for US$130,000 when it was new. Whereas with my Z8 I bought it for US$128,000 and it is now going for $180,000 in the U.S. market. After researching foreign car markets I figured I could recoup what I paid for the car. So I am trying to understand how your car market works, that's all. If I find a buyer, I'll be glad to sell.

A Ferrari with $320K OMV is calculated as such

OMV, i.e. cost of car = $320K
ARF (100% import tax) = $320K
Customs duty 20% = $64K
COE = $83K
GST 7% of $320K = 22K
Sealership profit = As much as they want

Do your math.

Dealers have to provide warranty, hence the profit margin. Your used car is... used... of unknown usage/care history and has no reason command the price of a brand new car. Moreover, why would one spend half a million dollars on a BMW Alpina when one can buy a classic Italian mid-engine, high-revving V8, babe magnet sports car at a fraction of the price?

No offense but the Alpina B7 is just... IMHO... an ugly pimped up typical run-around BMW 7 series. The Z8 on the other hand *is* a collector's item. But to each his own.

The car market here is no different from the USA. The price is just simply multiplied several times. We don't go around buying cars at crazy prices because we *want* to, but because we don't have a choice due to the taxation structure. So if your Alpina has no appeal in the US, how would it appeal here given the driver is on the wrong side of the road?

Your V8 Alpina is going to blow somebody's wallet on the annual road tax alone. Try somewhere else... maybe China (also left-hand drive).

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you sure it is an Alpina B7? From the photo, it does not look like it.

Interesting car... but not in Singapore! We have too many taxes/regulations, good luck elsewhere!

Infratint has a big showroom and Sherman is rich.........

I think Sherman has a Alpeanuts ///7 whatever

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pg88gifts

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back