Alternative Paddle Shift

Re: Alternative Paddle Shift

Azrielsc said:
Okay.... Managed to take some pics of my Strassentech-rep paddles!

Too bad I didn't manage to take a comparison pic between the M3 and my rep paddles!

Cheers!

Looking good, sammy boy!

kenntona said:
Bro, this is not just an aesthetic mod !!!

Bro, it is asthetic if you consider that this mod is basically just about changing the original paddles to this.

Azrielsc said:
Hello there!

If your car is not fitted with the M-steering, u can't retro-fit the paddles. Its best to get a M-steering with paddleshifts straight from either PML or any of the shops listed in our workshop page.

U can read more here: http://www.bmw-paddleshift-retrofit.com/

Cheers!

Thanks for all your responses. I have M-Steering on my E46 but no paddles. Does it mean I have to get a new steering wheel too?

number8 said:
Thanks for all your responses. I have M-Steering on my E46 but no paddles. Does it mean I have to get a new steering wheel too?

Yup, you need the steering wheel which comes with paddle shifts to do this mod..

SL2 said:
Yup, you need the steering wheel which comes with paddle shifts to do this mod..

Thanks for the info. I guess I will KIV the mod for now.

I think all you need the the paddle shift unit. You don't have to buy a new wheel. For my SMG I unit you can just interchange the paddles fairly easily.

jaskin said:
I think all you need the the paddle shift unit. You don't have to buy a new wheel. For my SMG I unit you can just interchange the paddles fairly easily.

True, Jason, but u still need to have the holes at the back for the placement of the paddles!

I have not checked to see if there are any holes on the back of my steering wheel to accomodate the paddles. If I have drill holes, I will definitely KIV it until the warranty is over. Thanks for all the info.

Azrielsc said:
True, Jason, but u still need to have the holes at the back for the placement of the paddles!

2 words "5mm Drill" That's what you need for the holes.

jaskin said:
2 words "5mm Drill" That's what you need for the holes.

Jason,

Not true leh... U take a look at page 1, where i posted the replica paddles. The whole protrusion in the middle of the paddles have to be "in" the steering wheel so I guess that the hole would definitely be bigger, right?

Cheers!

Azrielsc said:
Jason,

Not true leh... U take a look at page 1, where i posted the replica paddles. The whole protrusion in the middle of the paddles have to be "in" the steering wheel so I guess that the hole would definitely be bigger, right?

Cheers!

Actually I don't think I need to drill any holes. I just checked my steering wheel and there seems to be two holes sitting high up on the back of the steering wheel and it seems to be plugged up with some sort of silicon. If the holes are there, I guess I can retrofit the paddles. But how about the electronics? Is it major rework?

All M-steering wheels have 2 small holes at the back so that u can insert a screwdriver inside to unclip the airbag. Is those the holes that u are talking about? Maybe if u take some pics, we could see if the paddles do match up!

Cheers!

I think he's talking about that. No reason why there should be other holes there unless he drilled them. Number 8: Why not come to our meetup and check out the paddles in person.

jaskin said:
I think he's talking about that. No reason why there should be other holes there unless he drilled them. Number 8: Why not come to our meetup and check out the paddles in person.

Some titanium one which is a bit overkill...

Woah... I like the edges! Don't wanna know the price :)

TripleM said:
Some titanium one which is a bit overkill...

Only one word to describe it...CHIO! :yummie:

So are we doing a group buy? Please?

kenntona said:
So are we doing a group buy? Please?

u got your M steering?

SL2 said:
Only one word to describe it...CHIO! :yummie:

maybe we shud just use a cig lighter and burn all the chrome tips we have till blue-ish :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamej88food
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back