Angel eye issue on my e46

Imperator

Hey guys can someone please advise me. One ring of my left angel eye is busted. Can I just change the bulb or do I have to change the whole thing? Someone told me I need to change my entire headlight. Is that true? Tht would cost a bomb!

Was hoping I can just change that one ring, so can someone pls advise me on this? And also where can I go to fix this and the cost. Thanks guys :)

Re: Angel eye issue on my e46

Likely a bulb issue.
Y dun u drop by Bimmshop? If indeed the bulb blew, just on e spot get their led one

i think its not just a bulb issue.
as far as i know, pls pardon my limited knowledge on the E46s, there were no built in angel eye rings.
those that i know of were bros who installed ccfl rings onto the existing lights, ie opening the light set up to put in the rings.
chances are the ccfl rings or its resistors have blown.
its pretty hard to get that nowadays in SG, maybe can try asking BVO workshop.

bmw-e46-projector-ccfl-angel-eyes-2-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sszone;915703 said:
i think its not just a bulb issue.
as far as i know, pls pardon my limited knowledge on the E46s, there were no built in angel eye rings.
those that i know of were bros who installed ccfl rings onto the existing lights, ie opening the light set up to put in the rings.
chances are the ccfl rings or its resistors have blown.
its pretty hard to get that nowadays in SG, maybe can try asking BVO workshop.

bmw-e46-projector-ccfl-angel-eyes-2-1.jpg

I think FL E46 comes with Xenon and Angel eyes.............

Imperator;915124 said:
Hey guys can someone please advise me. One ring of my left angel eye is busted. Can I just change the bulb or do I have to change the whole thing? Someone told me I need to change my entire headlight. Is that true? Tht would cost a bomb!

Was hoping I can just change that one ring, so can someone pls advise me on this? And also where can I go to fix this and the cost. Thanks guys :)
Hi, it's not the bulb as your angel eye rings are most likely the CCFL rings (or could be LED rings too, that's more advanced). And definitely don't have to change your whole headlight set, unless your headlights also not working?

I suggest you give site sponsor R2D (Rodney) a call and see if he has spare set of angel eye rings for your car. His workshop number is in the Site Sponsor page. It's not that expensive so don't worry.
Good luck!

Wow I didn't expect so many replies, so thank u bros for your help.

Bimmshop I realized its just behind my hse! I'm going to pop by to see if they can diagnose my problem and advise me.

My headlight ain't broken it's just the inner ring. The other ring is just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okebet168net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back