Angel Eyes Installation-Problems Faced

yendor

None for me. All swee swee boh zhao chui..... ;)

hahha..i uess its a matter of HOW WELL u/ur mechanic/ur mom.. fixed it on!!!..:p..hehheh..i just saw a 5-series with the angel eyes dangling from the main light body...quite hilarious..it looked like someone with lowered glasses peering at u...:)))

Re: Angel Eyes Installation-Problems Faced

Leean said:
Hi All,

I plan to install angel eyes to my E46 ride. But I have heard of several problems with the angel eyes after installation. Some say it might drop of, causing the whole headlight to burn. This will also void your warranty. Does any of the bros here encounter any problem after installation of the angel eyes? THanks for your feedback.

Hi ! Leean.

Just be careful with the Clips that secure the CCFL to the Headlamp.

I have spotted 1 of my CCFL clip bend and will soon get it replaced.

CCFL is one of the best MOD I did to my car.

Cheers !

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Is the angel eyes LTA compliant? I heard that it is not going to pass LTA inspection.

Leean said:
Hi all,

Just a quick question. Is the angel eyes LTA compliant? I heard that it is not going to pass LTA inspection.
Leean,

They are not LTA compliant, but as all mods go...usually is one eye closed.

If you wish to be safe. Just take them out before you go for the inspection.

Or when you have to switch on your lights, just immediately switch them to full beam mode, so they won't be so obvious.

Would help if you had xenons and not yellow halogen lights tho. ;)

Don't think they are that anal about angel eyes... if talking about headlights, should be more concerned with those whos headlights point to the sky!!! AKA TAXIS!! :evil:

is this the white ring i saw at some of the bros cars on sunday's meeT? avialble for e60? i m running bixenons..n where to i get for appx wot price? thx in advance.

Hi All

I realised that there are a few "brands" of Angel Eyes that be installed on the E46 BMW.
Check out this website and you will realise that there are quite a few:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/angel-eyes-bmw

Not sure whether everyone is having /talking about the same brand???? Anyway, I know of one workshop that claimed to fix Angel Eyes but I suspect the Angel Eyes are of the white floresent type. Basically it looked like a round small floresent tube that's all!!!!! Cos I seen one guy E46 having it as well....is that the reason why some of you are talking about flicking when turn on cos it certainly looked like a small round thin floresent tube, that's all....maybe that explain why it flickers like when you turn on the home floresent lights???? Installation + parts = S$220.

Can anyone who have installed gives us some pictures of how the good quality Angel Eyes looked like? So which ones should we choose? Would appreciate it very much....and let us know how much it cost with installation and which workshops are providing this part and service.....

I have just installed mine today (on E46FL)... was happy for a while till I get home. Turn on the CCFL and noticed one of them is not working... Arrggghh! Going back to fix up! Anyone got such problems?
Question: Does this thing "burn out" like bulbs?
Well, I do agree with br BMWSILVER that its is a damn cool mod! ^^

Yep, had the same problem just a couple of months ago. The Flourescent tubes are ok but the inverter ( small black thing that connects the tubes to the power supply) is the guilty party. Go back and have it changed. should be warrantied.

Good luck

Hi Chuckky and yendor

can you let us the price for the Angel Eyes?
where did you go and buy and install them? BVO?

Finally a picture would be great for us to view yr Angel Eyes.

many thanks!

Done at Juzz, damage is $280 including installation, although I know some bros here may have bought at cheaper price. :(
Call them to check stocks, as they said "sell like hotcakes!!".

Re: Angel Eyes Installation-Problems Faced

Hi Bro

Can the 3 series (E90) fix the Angel Eyes? My E90 do not have xenon lights so can it still fix the Angel Eyes? If yes, how much and which shop has better workmanship? Does it void the warranty from PML?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back