Any Bros installed Racechip ultimate before ?

Re: Any Bros installed Racechip ultimate before ?

wt_know;1024823 said:
please pm price for f10 520i n20 (include dyno?)

what is the increased in bhp/nm

is there a need to improved the intercooler? as one of the bro mentioned, even though piggyback can deliver the increased bhp/nm, it is quickly negated by hot engine (overheat?)

PMed you wt-know...

Racechip Ultimate for the N20 makes about 20% gains in both power and torque. Based on our dyno on a 335i, while the power figure seems accurate, the torque seemed a lot more capable than what it declares. The figures should be 220hp and 320nm. This is excluding any hardware that you might have. Racechip Ultimate has 15 maps to cater for the various hardware stages that the car may have. As tested in the 335i with downpipes, we switched the map several times to get the best figures out of the it.

That said, it is true that a bigger intercooler will improve the performance by cooling the engine better. But unless you are on constant high revv or tracking, the performance of the tune box should be maintained. We ran the dyno on 10 runs, and the car did not overheat with its stock intercooler and the figures did not deteriorate as well. Frankly, for normal aggressive drive, the only thing we think will give way will be the charge pipe due to the increased boost. Stage one tune should include the charge pipe and add the intercooler if you track.

We have the car already on another tune box dynoed before we installed the RC Ultimate, and the difference was huge.

A larger or more efficient intercooler has the intended effect preventing intake air temperatures (IAT) from rising as much as possible thereby reducing heat soak with repeated runs. A larger or more efficient intercooler does not "cool the engine better." Keeping the engine cool is the job of the engine oil, water and radiator fan.

It is a fact that the N20/N54/N55 DME retards timing and reduces boost aggressively as Intake Air Temps elevate to protect the engine. All proper tunes/piggybacks should be designed to follow this rule or risk catastrophic engine failure. It is also a fact that as air temperatures rise, density of oxygen is reduced resulting in naturally reduced power.

It is simply not possible that a 335i running stock intercooler would not heat soak and lose power after 10 consecutive power runs on the dyno back to back on any tune including stock. Of course if you rested the car for 20mins between runs it would not heat soak. But then you wouldn't be testing it fairly for heat soak if you ran it this way :confused:

To suggest that a tune is able to maintain the same power figures without deterioration after repeated consecutive runs on the dyno especially in our local climate would mean that the tune/piggyback is ignoring all logical safety protocols, or the dyno operator is obviously not going wide open throttle at every run :laughing:

I'm curious as to which DME channels are intercepted by the Racechip Ultimate? Seems to me that IAT compensation should be high on the priority list??

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear SpeedHaus,

Is there any dynochart result for f30 320i?

I read in malaysia race chip fb, that there is a new software update on race chip for 320i? Will this sw update make significant improvement over old sw race chip?

Cheers,

Hi lovetobike,
The Racechip Ultimate we have are all locally mapped and updated and to optimize the performance. Thus depending on where you install it, the maps might be different. We don't have the dyno chart for the F30 N20. The expected gains are at least 16% thus about 30Hp and 40Nm from a stock. We have stock for this model thus you can let us know if you are keen on it. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onenationfoundation
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back