Any F25 X3 owners experienced these problems?

hcva

Hi fellow X3 bros,

I'm driving a 2011 x3 35i and encountered 2 issues recently:

1. First one is battery warning that says "Increased battery discharge when stationary. Electrical consumers were temporarily switched off."

I usually get this warning when I have not drove my car for more than 15 hours. It's unlikely to be a battery problem because my battery is quite new. Any bros know what this is about?

2. Second one is a noise heard whenever i turn my steering wheel during low speed/rpm. I read that this could be a common steering rack problem in F25s.

Is any bro experiencing the same and successfully rectified the above problems?
Thanks and looking forward to your advice.

Re: Any F25 X3 owners experienced these problems?

for prob 1, did u install any car cam?

Not at all bro.
The only thing I use is the Bluetooth with my phone :(

I don't drive an X3, but the 1 and only time (so far) that I got the battery discharge warning was when I didn't start my car for 3 days and I have a car camera drawing power from the car battery.

I read on other forums that this warning usually occurs when "something" (an external device) is still drawing power from the car battery even when the Car engine has not been switched on.

That's the problem bro. My car is stock and there are so many electrical devices in our ride. It seems almost impossible to identify which is the "sucker" at work. I read BMW USA Forum and many had the same problem. Some said its due to old software. Some was due to faulty electrical parking brake etc.

I wonder how to troubleshoot?

Best is to bring it to a workshop to get the car checked out. You can try out any of the site sponsors here.

Boss motorsport or MBM Wheelpower (sister company of our site sponsor KBS)

I just got my X3 2.0i in 10 April 2015, and went overseas until current day. My wife help to start the engine every 3-4days for about 10min each time.

So far no battery problem reported. As for steering sound, I have not encounter it so far (maybe have limited time to drive :silenced: )

I have upgraded to bigger screen, reverse camera and advanced car eye installed.

Thanks all bros for the kind advice and also sharing your experience.
I actually went to one of the recommended workshops here and was only told it's a batt problem.
They made me change my batt but the problem persisted.
Lost a bit of confidence in them so decided to check with you bros first.

Maybe I gotta try another workshop.

try ah yong of optima thomson.
they were working on a similar problem for one of my customers.
they can diagonse n narrow down the problem for u

Thank you so much bro sszone for the recommendation!
Really appreciate it :)

Thanks for checking bro mengteck :)

Problem is not resolved yet as I still have yet to make a trip to the work shop :yummie:
It's not a critical problem per se, as I just have to restart the engine and the warning msg will disappear.
Door locks still work but i have to manually unfold the side mirrors whenever this happens.

One kind bro pm-ed me that it might be a problem with the battery charging cable.
I will head to a workshop soon within this month for sure :)

Hi All

I read that some have NBT iDrive Central Information Display flickering or dimmed to almost total darkness. Any one has this issue? What is your ride year of manufacture and what did you do to rectify it?

Here is a sample video:

[video=youtube_share;4CNgiqPI1uw]http://youtu.be/4CNgiqPI1uw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclub777

Latest posts