Any Interior Problem For BMW???

Iron Eagle

Hi dudes here,

Its been a long time since i register and start posting here again. Just wanna check with all the BMW owner here whether does any poor interior / qualities / workmanship found in your beloved Bimmer??

Just wanna know, is it common for conti cars like Benz, BMW, Volvo, Saab, etc facing the same problem too???? Personally, i just wanna be open and transparent with this discussion. I owned a 93 TrollR, but apart from the great performance this car could deliver, im really gave up on the quality of the interior design... Merely just a year old car, its giving me hell of a problems that can't be understood. Peeling here and there, cracked knob, door decor strips dropped off, etc...

Does that happen to Bimmer too??? I do heard bimmer does have problem in other areas as well as engine bay....what about interior qualities??

Re: Any Interior Problem For BMW???

my centre console box was peeling a little just after 1+ year. But its covered under warrenty and got it changed for free on my last servicing

Good for you dude. Talking about tick sound over hump....its nothing comparing to squeaking sound all over the whole interior from roof, door panel and every damm places inside the car!! Anyway, all these happen within warranty. But the worst is that you have to keep wasting your time spent going down to get it fix.

Damm sian!!!

chickenbackside said:
Just a litlle "tick" sound from my seat everytime I go over a bump. When PML said it's not covered under warranty, I use music to drown it out.

Other than that, no peeling, no cracking, no dropping off, and it doesn't look like it will anytime soon...
Good for you dude. Talking about tick sound over hump....its nothing comparing to squeaking sound all over the whole interior from roof, door panel and every damm places inside the car!! Anyway, all these happen within warranty. But the worst is that you have to keep wasting your time spent going down to get it fix.

Damm sian!!!

xuexun said:
my centre console box was peeling a little just after 1+ year. But its covered under warrenty and got it changed for free on my last servicing
Mine....oh mine.. I have changed 4 ABS Decor Strips of course for free in half year ownership of a brand new Saab. One spoil stereo, cup holder, centre console in merely just before 1 years old.

darn....

Swedes make delicious beefballs... Germans play good football...

Japanese can only control defects... Guess who invented 6 Sigma??

opvaulet said:
How abt mechanically? Any issues?
Mechanically, this ride of mine is totally trouble-free.....*touchwood**touchwood*

I have a one year old Saab 93 at home, and a 5 yr old 325Ci. The Saab has 10 times the squeaks of the BMW. The BMW has never broken down before, and the Saab already did twice, because of the battery. Bear in mind I'm trying to talk about a 1 yr old trying to match a 5 yr old!!!

__iceman__ said:
I have a one year old Saab 93 at home, and a 5 yr old 325Ci. The Saab has 10 times the squeaks of the BMW. The BMW has never broken down before, and the Saab already did twice, because of the battery. Bear in mind I'm trying to talk about a 1 yr old trying to match a 5 yr old!!!
hahahahaha!!!! That's very true. Being a Saab owner here, i can't denied the fact the squeaking can be unbearable at times when coming to uneven roads, and battery is worst when the 1st stock battery only serves me 8 months and left me dying at my wife office main entrance, Damm!!!

Stock battery lasted me for less than 1 yr too. Bear in mind that we bought the car with the super duper 3 yr warranty plus FULL maintenance package, they even supply engine oil for the servicing.

BUT somehow they don't cover the battery at all. So the guy came to my house, and offered the only replacement... STINGER battery and charged $350 for it.

Few months later, the car was stranded at shopping centre - can't even unlock the doors. Battery ended up with only 7.5V. They came again, and gave a replacement, but wanted to charge $60 for workmanship and on-call service... I asked them to go fly kite...

__iceman__ said:
Stock battery lasted me for less than 1 yr too. Bear in mind that we bought the car with the super duper 3 yr warranty plus FULL maintenance package, they even supply engine oil for the servicing.

BUT somehow they don't cover the battery at all. So the guy came to my house, and offered the only replacement... STINGER battery and charged $350 for it.

Few months later, the car was stranded at shopping centre - can't even unlock the doors. Battery ended up with only 7.5V. They came again, and gave a replacement, but wanted to charge $60 for workmanship and on-call service... I asked them to go fly kite...
HUH??? I thought the battery is also part of the warranty that covers within the 3 years or 60k rite???? My previous posting on the battery flat incident, actually the 24hrs TE services came down and replaced a brand new Varta batter with no cost at all.

Talking abt the engine oil, the engine is not up to standard as well. I rather use my own engine oil better. For examples, my Saab engine bay was recommended to use Mobil and locally TE servicing kept using the Shell Ultra for the oil change. When upon questioning, they said because they have mass order on the Shell helix ultra, so use lor....Darn!!

?????????????????????????

You didn't get charged? They told me that the batt is the item that is not covered. I think the guy said that it was the ONLY item that they don't cover. Dammit. I think I need to clarify already.

__iceman__ said:
?????????????????????????

You didn't get charged? They told me that the batt is the item that is not covered. I think the guy said that it was the ONLY item that they don't cover. Dammit. I think I need to clarify already.

Nope. Not a cent. Its only the waiting time for the recovery car to reach my place, which i really can't take it. Just imagine, i was suppose to go for a friend's wedding dinner around 730pm after picking my wife from office around 6pm. Ended up, 2 stupid nicely dressed up idiots was sitting at the office driveway waiting for the damm recovery car to arrive from 6pm till 830pm. DAMM IT!!

Hey dude, i guess PML warranty to bimmer is different from TE warranty to saab, IMHO. Guess every marque have different warranty clauses too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back