Any one knows where to get cheaper apple desk top

John74

Hi ,

I am going to get myself a apple desk top . At apple store sells 3 thousand plus. Does anyone knows where I can get it at a better price? Cheers..

Re: Any one knows where to get cheaper apple desk top

I want to get an I mac all in one desk top..

there's an IT sale going on in Suntec right now...unless you wanna wait till March for the big IT SHOW

or if you know of anyone working in Apple and willing to use the staff discount for you .. 25% off

It's abt the same everywhere cos price is controlled.
No need to waste time with epic centre, try looking for other smaller resellers.

U can try to buy it from Airport or Malaysia to save on 7% GST. No guarantee that u will not kenna tax when u re-enter.

I bought MacBook at Changi T3.

I bought Ipad in Malaysia.

If you know someone who is a student/lecturer from poly/uni, you could purchase it online at apple education store... There is quite a substantial saving... However, you have to photocopy the school ID and mail to Apple Singapore for verification...

Centurion9990;728502 said:
If you know someone who is a student/lecturer from poly/uni, you could purchase it online at apple education store... There is quite a substantial saving... However, you have to photocopy the school ID and mail to Apple Singapore for verification...

No you don't.

My sister is a teacher and she bought from Apple store under education pricing. They did not ask for any proof (comms was through her personal mail, not .edu.sg email address).

If you read the T&Cs, Apple basically reserve the right to ask you for proof you are qualify. If you cannot show proof, they will charge the difference to your credit card. So, you can always try. If you so heng to kena check, too bad.

BTW, not just for poly & uni. ITE and JC also can. Not just lecturers also. As long as staff qualifies liao (such as office clerk). Staff (but not student) also from any type of school (Kindergarten, Pri & Sec schools) also eligible. MOE staff also eligible.

Archie;728719 said:
No you don't.

My sister is a teacher and she bought from Apple store under education pricing. They did not ask for any proof (comms was through her personal mail, not .edu.sg email address).

If you read the T&Cs, Apple basically reserve the right to ask you for proof you are qualify. If you cannot show proof, they will charge the difference to your credit card. So, you can always try. If you so heng to kena check, too bad.

BTW, not just for poly & uni. ITE and JC also can. Not just lecturers also. As long as staff qualifies liao (such as office clerk). Staff (but not student) also from any type of school (Kindergarten, Pri & Sec schools) also eligible. MOE staff also eligible.

Thanks for the explanation :)

Employee Purchase Program
Major advancements for the Mac. Inside and out.
Introducing a new MacBook Air. And a new Mac mini.
And the Apple Thunderbolt Display. It’s a great day all around.
The new MacBook Air
The ultimate everyday notebook. Now up
to 2.5x faster and featuring high-speed
Thunderbolt I/O.* Starting at S$1211.24.
The new Mac mini
Up to 2x faster processors and graphics.** High-speed
Thunderbolt I/O. It’s mini in size only. Starting at S$740.44.
Apple Thunderbolt Display
The world’s first display made for Mac notebooks
with Thunderbolt I/O technology.
S$1240.13
To place your order, visit your online Apple EPP store or call 1800-MY-APPLE (1800-69-27753).

I bought mine from Harvey Norman
Asked for RAM upgrade from 4G to 8G, FOC
then got 2 scratchies with guaranteed wins and yes, got $30.

And I Didn't Buy Extended Warranty.

If you got epicenter, you wouldn't get such things so I will just skip them.

ohh friday was like a 1 day sale for mac online .. quite substantial...dunno if its extended

one day means one day, no extension ...

Recently got an iMac with a $69 RAM upgrade to 8GB from epicentre at Scotts Square. That was some Christmas or grand opening deal, while stocks last.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789pub

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back