Any recom ? for Quiet Tyres for 17" BMW rim for E90

Panerai5888

Hi,

FIrst timer owner of a bimmer. Would like to buy a set of "quiet" but also safe tyres for an E90. All advises on this matter would be much appreciated :)

My new rims would most likely be the BMW 161, 17" staggered version.

cheers
WILLIAM

Re: Any recom ? for Quiet Tyres for 17" BMW rim for E90

Those are all ultra high perf tires, not exactly quiet type in general but not bloody noisy either.

Quiet and safe, I'd go with Michelin Pilot Preceda.
If u want quieter, Yoko Aspec db, but u car can dance in the wet.

Deadkookaburra;313072 said:
try Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R; RE-050A; CSC3 ($$$); Eagle F1; Yoko Advan sport; Mich PS2 ($$$)

I am using the 050A. Happy with it. Holds well. Hear them not.

I abandoned my CSC within one year (stock) because of noise.

Agree with TripleM - tyres like the Bridgestone RE050A are ultra-high performance tyres where outright grip takes precedence over comfort and noise reduction.

Given your criteria, I suggest you look at tyres like The Bridgestone Turanza ER300 or Yokohama C Drive. Both are better suited to your needs without sacrificing safety or durability.

Quiet Tyres for 17" BMW rim for E90

PerverTT;313482 said:
Agree with TripleM - tyres like the Bridgestone RE050A are ultra-high performance tyres where outright grip takes precedence over comfort and noise reduction.

Given your criteria, I suggest you look at tyres like The Bridgestone Turanza ER300 or Yokohama C Drive. Both are better suited to your needs without sacrificing safety or durability.

If you want genuine comfort and quietness, Yokohama C-Drive is one of the very few decent tyres that fits the bill. Bridgestone GR80 and Michelin MXV8 are also genuinely quiet but only the C-Drive grips slightly better in the rain.:)

Your children will not appreciate Michelin PS-2 or Continental CSC3/2 or many of the very low profile tyres. All very low profile tyres, range from quite noisy to very noisy and gets irritating for passengers after a while in the car.

Try Toyo CT01's. Excellent balance between performance and quietness for a UHP.

Panerai5888;312674 said:
Hi,

FIrst timer owner of a bimmer. Would like to buy a set of "quiet" but also safe tyres for an E90. All advises on this matter would be much appreciated :)

My new rims would most likely be the BMW 161, 17" staggered version.

cheers
WILLIAM

What did you choose at the end? I am also thinking of getting 17" staggered.

Using Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 with Style 244 rims on my 520i and its extremely quiet.

if you are a performance freak, get the michelin pilot sports 2. if not, michelin pilot preceda 2 is goood enough. queit and comfortable. and cheaper. :)

opvaulet;313699 said:
Try Toyo CT01's. Excellent balance between performance and quietness for a UHP.

:furious:
I dunt recommend Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 at all. It is noisy and harsh. I bought it believing the newspaper ads.

toyo Ct 01 and yokohama C-Drive are much nicer and quieter.

DRIVE SAFELY PLEASE

hi,

I am using Yokohama Cdrive for the past 2 years, after trying out AspecdB, Eagle F1, Kumho etc...

why Yokohama Cdive ?

Price is reasonable, grip is OK even in wet. For dry, all tyres are OK unless you are going to 'track' your car.

Also it is quiet even it is almost finishing.....remember, all tyres are quiet when NEW but the noise comes when it starts to wear down.

About wear rate, this tyre is 280....not easy wear off...good for high usage.

Aspec DB wears very quickly....I believe trade wear is < 200.

hope this help

aussiepowpow;366826 said:
:furious:
I dunt recommend Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 at all. It is noisy and harsh. I bought it believing the newspaper ads.

toyo Ct 01 and yokohama C-Drive are much nicer and quieter.

DRIVE SAFELY PLEASE

hmm i'm on pp2 on my e36 and it's running really smooth and quiet. hmm :juggle:

Toyo CT01 or Yoko AVS DB V550. Currently using both, noise and wet performance good. Yoko better dry grip, Toyo better ride comfort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back