Any tyre pressure monitoring system in 335?

T6

Does any bro here know whether the 335 sedan comes with tyre pressure monitoring system (TMPS)? I can't seem to find that info as of now.

Meaning if we have a flat tyre or loss in tyre pressure, any indicator from the in-car display?

I am asking as I will be changing out of the run-flats to normal tyres and if the 335 sedan does not have TPMS, I intend to install an after-mkt one.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.:)

Re: Any tyre pressure monitoring system in 335?

Hi T6,

Yup, it should. I believe it's a standard feature for the entire E90 range (because of the runflats). It works on non-runflat tyres as well. For 335i, a chime + warning message will appear on the iDrive. I experienced it alot of times before. hehehe.

Puny;285559 said:
Hi T6,

Yup, it should. I believe it's a standard feature for the entire E90 range (because of the runflats). It works on non-runflat tyres as well. For 335i, a chime + warning message will appear on the iDrive. I experienced it alot of times before. hehehe.

Tks for the quick reply. Phew lucky I did not commit to an after-mkt TPMS yet. Can you elaborate on how it works? Say I pump 36psi. Does the chime come in when say the tyre pressure drops below 34psi? Also, is there any indication from the iDrive screen as to which was the culprit tyre?

From what I've experienced, it takes a significant amount of leak to (3psi/40-50kpa) register the warning but it doesn't indicate which specific tyre is underpressured.

There is no realtime indicator of the tire pressure, so the only time you'll see it is when the warning comes out. After pumping up the pressure, you have to select the option to re-set the monitoring to it calibrates itself to the new tyre pressure.

Puny;285566 said:
There is no realtime indicator of the tire pressure, so the only time you'll see it is when the warning comes out. After pumping up the pressure, you have to select the option to re-set the monitoring to it calibrates itself to the new tyre pressure.

Cool. That is good enough for me as that sounds like a dedicated monitoring system. Tks.

Hey Andy, the TPMS will only show that ur tire is leaking when the rolling circumference of the wheel changes due to the leak. There is no monitoring device in the wheel iteself, but it is found somewhere in ur brake area.

There are many OEM TPMS in the market. Can anybody recommend a specific one?

MapleLeaf;288514 said:
There are many OEM TPMS in the market. Can anybody recommend a specific one?

I have done some asking around. The brand 3rd Eye is very well regarded. I know of a free lance guy clearing some stock of this model at least than $200 per set. PM me if you keen.

Hi Andy, the stock BMW's use the ABS sensors to monitor the rotation of each wheel. If one of them seems to be turning at a slightly faster rate all the time, not just in turns, the systems sends out a warning.

I am using a TPMS in my E46, personally i find it useful to know the pressure in each tyre real time. The system indicated a leak twice (kenna nail twice in 1 tire liao...damn fed-up so change tire....ha hah...OT liao) and i was able to catch it before the tire went flat. The limits can be set for under and over pressure along with over temp.

One VERY critical thing to note is the aspect ratio of your tires. I would not recommend

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajabaji1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back