Anyone changed tyres in Malaysia?

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
Was in Kulai over the weekend to meet some hia-dees. It was late and most tyre shops were closing but I had the chance to check price of a few shops on Bridgestone, Michelin, Falken, Toyo, etc.

Noticed their prices generally around 10% cheaper. You guys have changed tyres in Msia before? Any good recco where to do it?

Re: Anyone changed tyres in Malaysia?

Yes they are generally cheaper due to the currency exchange rate. Do take note that most tyres are thai made but quality wise i dont see much difference if they were japan or european made. 1pc of my tire Bridgestone potenza GIII 205/55/R15(not easily be found in singapore for this size) costs RM310 equates to around SGD$134....

dunno leh, got some jitters cos i remember seeing the news where the uncle kena accident rite after changing tyres due to tyre bursting...

Tyres are mark with date of Manufacture and Month, if its too old thats why it can go so when you buy make sure its new not old stock.. I came to know many people don't know and even says they got good price for it but life is at the tyres. Normally it comes with four digit, starts with weeks of the year follow by year, Check it out with tyre suppilers for it. A year if I am not wrong is 52 wks so say it shows 2006 means week of the 20 and yr 2006 so it will be May 2006.

Correct me if I am wrong thats what I know and always I check and the tyre shop will tell the truth when you ask as they know you know something about it.

i noe some malaysian get their ps2 here, reason here is cheaper....

gadaffi;159710 said:
i noe some malaysian get their ps2 here, reason here is cheaper....

I found one in Msia that is cheaper, vice versa :)

Ahbengdriver;159712 said:
I found one in Msia that is cheaper, vice versa :)

just b careful, check the manufacture date n originalty...

my uncle owns a tire shop in JB but advises me to get my tires here in singapore instead since taxes are high and margins are low over in malaysia; even if he sells me at cost price, it wouldn't be worth the effort to travel down.

gadaffi;159715 said:
just b careful, check the manufacture date n originalty...

Michelin PS 2 19" 235/35 aga aga S$587, but think made in Thailand :lol2:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back