Anyone done Stage 1 modding on their F30 and what's the experience?

E46CCM

Hi,

Anyone here has done Stage 1 modding on their F30 320i using the Bootmod3 tuning package? Or other brands in the market?

error code then look for who to rectified? Think twice. Some times DIY is not always good in modding.

At this time I've flashed MULTIPLE maps MULTIPLE time without errors YES thats how good the BM3 Software is even for a new user !

Try your hand at new things and figure out why THOUSANDs of people have used BM3 WITHOUT issues.

Edit: BM3 software features a diagnosis section as well ! You can see what error codes if any that pops up and clear them WITHOUT the workshop "help"

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the responses. I definitely will give it a go. I have communicated with the online supplier and they have informed me its easy to update the ECU with the BM3 tune. Is it possible to use an OBDlink LX to connect to the PC instead of using an esys cable?

Thanks guys for the responses. I definitely will give it a go. I have communicated with the online supplier and they have informed me its easy to update the ECU with the BM3 tune. Is it possible to use an OBDlink LX to connect to the PC instead of using an esys cable?

Its all in here..

Bavworks having Black Friday sale now. Can ask them for more detail, at least have a experience WS to do for you. Somemore is a site sponsor here.

595usd for license next time can xfer to another bmw car or sell on.
Currently used license goes for about 250usd or 300 usd so you can recoup some $ plus BM3 issues updates for their OTS maps with changes to increase HP.
Have fun either way you go !

I have decided to go with JB4 instead. Less risk with corrupted tuning. On its way and hopefully can fix up in a week's time. Will report back on its performance once fitted and tested.

I have decided to go with JB4 instead. Less risk with corrupted tuning. On its way and hopefully can fix up in a week's time. Will report back on its performance once fitted and tested.

The ECU flash via MHD or BM3 will be far better than a piggyback module.

Will try this piggyone one first. If I don't like it I may sell off and move to flashing instead. Currently I dont have good support like in Singapore. So I am not so confidence to do the flashing using BM3.

A friend of mine flashed his VW a whie back and was cut off by a failing wifi connection. He bricked his ECU. had to send the ecu to the States and had the tune supplier correct the issue. A few weeks turnaround job with additional cost. Too much trouble IMO. Unless I have some workshop where I am who can do the flashing and provide support I am just going to give it a miss for now.

Last edited:
NO need to compare VW experience as the software is TOTALLY different from BM3
I see. But I guess the result of an error in the flashing due to inexperience could be the same. Headache.... Unless it is so simple by the sound of it from people who have installed the tune. Oh well, will give it a go if I have the itch after using the JB4.

So I went ahead and installed my JB4 last weekend and tested the car. The power increase is certainly noticeable. But I try not to push the car just yet pending my timing chain replacement. However, I find the sport mode isn't that amazing to drive in. I found the normal mode has more noticeable torque.

And why does the F30 N20 engine have a sport DS mode by pushing the gear to the left and has a sport mode on the center console? Why two sport modes? I try to on both but I am not seeing any increase in power.

So I went ahead and installed my JB4 last weekend and tested the car. The power increase is certainly noticeable. But I try not to push the car just yet pending my timing chain replacement. However, I find the sport mode isn't that amazing to drive in. I found the normal mode has more noticeable torque.

And why does the F30 N20 engine have a sport DS mode by pushing the gear to the left and has a sport mode on the center console? Why two sport modes? I try to on both but I am not seeing any increase in power.

DS mode - the gear shift later...meaning it pull awhile more...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
logicworldsolutions
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back