Anyone know who is going to own this!!!

polomt

Check this out!! Quoting EVO latest issue, 3 of this has been sold and one of them is living in SINGAPORE!! :cloud9: The spec of the car:
Model Porsche GT9, made by 9ff
Engine type 4 litre flat six twin turbo
Power/torque 987bhp/711 lb ft @ 5970rpm
Transmission Six-speed manual
Fuel/CO2 5.2mpg to 25.9mpg / n/a
Performance 0-60mph: 4.2sec. 0-186mph: 17.6sec
Top speed 255mph

It is set up to beat the records currently held by Bugatti Veryon :woowooo:

9ff_GT9_MotorAuthority_002.jpg

Re: Anyone know who is going to own this!!!

Hmmmm, never notice that till you pointed it out. It look fake thou.. Anyway, it is a picture i took from the net, may not be the most updated one..

Engine type 4 litre flat six twin turbo
Power/torque 987bhp/711 lb ft @ 5970rpm :screwedu:

a near 1000bhp beast :woowooo:

this 9FF is utterly, totally customized to achieve only 1 thing - top speed. It is a straightline dart. No consideration for any cornering prowess, or track prowess.

The rear is flat because of aero I guess. There's intake manifold made out of gold too.

i think it might have a problem entering bugis junction carpark.

saw this just now at bukit timah teck kee pau area...silver in colour...then a silver R8...also 2 R8s on sale at autobahn...more interested in my pau and spring rolls...

centurion;329427 said:
this 9FF is utterly, totally customized to achieve only 1 thing - top speed. It is a straightline dart. No consideration for any cornering prowess, or track prowess.

The rear is flat because of aero I guess. There's intake manifold made out of gold too.

Intake manifold made out of GOLD!!??? :yummie:

4.2 secs? Slower than the CGT....... ??? How heavy is this car?

yes the manifold made of gold because it conducts heat away fastest:
3661-5.jpg

this car is same weight as the 911 about 1.3 tons.

The reason for the sucky 0-60 is because this car can't put the power down properly since it's RWD only and has too powerful torque even at low rpm. However, once past 3rd gear it kills everything else.

centurion;329560 said:
yes the manifold made of gold because it conducts heat away fastest:
3661-5.jpg

this car is same weight as the 911 about 1.3 tons.

The reason for the sucky 0-60 is because this car can't put the power down properly since it's RWD only and has too powerful torque even at low rpm. However, once past 3rd gear it kills everything else.

Oooh I see, sometimes I think being too powerful is not a good thing, there is a limit to the law of physics I guess, not enuf traction also cant translate it into useful power also. But is it possible to have some sort of high tech traction control to let it have an optimum traction for the century dash?? hmmm I guess should not be a prob right

delrosa81;329577 said:
Oooh I see, sometimes I think being too powerful is not a good thing, there is a limit to the law of physics I guess, not enuf traction also cant translate it into useful power also. But is it possible to have some sort of high tech traction control to let it have an optimum traction for the century dash?? hmmm I guess should not be a prob right

Absolutely... a simple traction control system would merely involve driven wheel speed sensors and proper programming of the ECU, either retarding ignition/cutting fuel/controlling boost. So the excuse that "car is too powerful to launch properly" doesn't hold any water. Especially on a car with such expensive intake manifold. :lol2:

maybe the gear ratio is set uo for speed, not take off

Crufty Dusty;329639 said:
Absolutely... a simple traction control system would merely involve driven wheel speed sensors and proper programming of the ECU, either retarding ignition/cutting fuel/controlling boost. So the excuse that "car is too powerful to launch properly" doesn't hold any water. Especially on a car with such expensive intake manifold. :lol2:
I was just repeating from the Evo mag, crufty :)

centurion;329646 said:
I was just repeating from the Evo mag, crufty :)

Yes I realize that but the duty of a good journalist is to question the official PR spiel. That's what separates a good magazine (content) and horseshit ricer magazines.

See... it only has a 4 liter engine with 711 lb-ft of peak torque. That is enough to "kill everything else"? :screwedu: I think the frog needs to come out of the well once in a while.

Dyno Dynamics - News
Dyno Dynamics - News

And yes, I think these cars have traction control. :lol2:

There will always be a faster car/driver.

crufty, the figures were obtained by the journalist and it was him who could not get traction after several tries. It was not a reason given by 9FF. I can't remember any talk about traction control in this 9FF, so I guess the car just didn't have TC.

As for the `kill everything else' it's referring to `production' vehicle, arguably this is a production vehicle, not a one-off. It's mission is to achieve top speed greater than the Veyron, and in that it seems to fulfil the mission though not with so much ease of use. Yes I'm aware of top fuel stuff etc. which perform incredibly, but those are hardly production vehicles.

I'm sorry for my lack of ability to fill in the entire context of the article, I read it and I wrote it here as I remember it, but omitted to transfer the entire context, which was a lot of pages.

Crufty Dusty;329687 said:
Yes I realize that but the duty of a good journalist is to question the official PR spiel. That's what separates a good magazine (content) and horseshit ricer magazines.

See... it only has a 4 liter engine with 711 lb-ft of peak torque. That is enough to "kill everything else"? :screwedu: I think the frog needs to come out of the well once in a while.

Dyno Dynamics - News
Dyno Dynamics - News

And yes, I think these cars have traction control. :lol2:

There will always be a faster car/driver.

centurion;329689 said:
crufty, the figures were obtained by the journalist and it was him who could not get traction after several tries. It was not a reason given by 9FF. I can't remember any talk about traction control in this 9FF, so I guess the car just didn't have TC.

As for the `kill everything else' it's referring to `production' vehicle, arguably this is a production vehicle, not a one-off. It's mission is to achieve top speed greater than the Veyron, and in that it seems to fulfil the mission though not with so much ease of use. Yes I'm aware of top fuel stuff etc. which perform incredibly, but those are hardly production vehicles.

I'm sorry for my lack of ability to fill in the entire context of the article, I read it and I wrote it here as I remember it, but omitted to transfer the entire context, which was a lot of pages.

So what differentiates a "production vehicle" from a one-off? What is the criteria for judgement?

Chasing a top speed target or high HP numbers is one thing, but claiming to "not have traction" and "killing everything else" is quite another. To me, it is an incongruence that beggars belief. On the one hand it has an expensive intake manifold yet the car does not have the most basic of essentials which allows it to get to the top speed in the first place. By that time the cheaper cars with proper mods and more power would've left it in the dust a long time ago.

Crufty Dusty;329697 said:
So what differentiates a "production vehicle" from a one-off? What is the criteria for judgement?

Chasing a top speed target or high HP numbers is one thing, but claiming to "not have traction" and "killing everything else" is quite another. To me, it is an incongruence that beggars belief. On the one hand it has an expensive intake manifold yet the car does not have the most basic of essentials which allows it to get to the top speed in the first place. By that time the cheaper cars with proper mods and more power would've left it in the dust a long time ago.

Production Vehicles vs one-off = nice to talk about but I have a fever now waiting for some guy to come pick something up then will go home.
One-Off, Batch, Mass & Continuous - Are all Scales of Production. Help for students of Design & Technology. Project, Coursework and Homework help. Batch prroduction, mass production and continuous as well as one-off production all have their place. is a nice discussion, where one-off means all products are distinctive and unique, wheras production is not.

One need not have starting traction to make a car optimized completely for high speed runs. At Nardo for example, there is ample space, so the gearing can be utterly spaced out for top speed optimization. It is not within my knowledge that many other production cars can now achieve 255mph even with modifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back