Anyone Knows How To Change Splash Screen Of Garmin?

Re: Anyone Knows How To Change Splash Screen Of Garmin?

Bro, did you get any replies from anyone? I'm curious too...
I thought i've seen some bros here replied on this but i dun seem to be able to find the thread... anyone can help out here?:helpp!:

Hi, I already found out myself.. I called Garmin and they advise me on the steps..
you also have a Garmin? or other brands?

hi bro, yes, i'm having a gamin too. can advise briefly. reali appreciate v much. tks in advance.

Appreciate if you can share with me as well..got a Garmin...

I believe different Garmin may be a little different.. mine is nuvi 1460, the way you set the splash screen is to go into the picture viewer mode, then choose the picture and then select info and then tick the display at power on. If you need more infor.. suggest you call the Distributor.. they have quite a good tech support hotline.

hi aerobic, tks much for the feedback.

i also heard fm the tech support on this, tho i was actually wondering if the splash screen of the 'garmin' can dissappear, but apparently that is not possible, so the method u described is the only way i.e. Garmin splash screen --> own image splash screen...

i was more hopin dat could replace the garmin splash completely..
Tks for ur help too!

No the splash screen of garmin cannot dissappear.. I was also asking about that.... its to have your own splash screen after the Garmin splash screen loads. Sorry.. if you find out how let me know..

actuali they did for oem (Merc package) but apparently that seem to have caused (they're not sure how its linked but bug on the navigation layer appeared) so they had to revert for quite a few sets of those 1460 with 'oem' splash screen, n haven't figured out wat was the exact cause... afaik... this might

yah.. the BMW Garmins also has only BMW Splash I think.. but not sure how to do that..

It is a picture file with BMW logo located in the picture folder I think.

aerobic;542693 said:
yah.. the BMW Garmins also has only BMW Splash I think.. but not sure how to do that..
yes, apparently the BMW ones are the 7xx series equivalent, i was told, while the 1xxxx series don't seem to work so well for this custom flash screen... duno how true, but at the moment, will live with 2 splash screens i.e. Garmin --> personal pix.

yah.. that's what I have as well.. but I think recently there is a promo for the 3 series, they come with the Garmin BMW GPS as well.. only problem I understand that the maps is not updated frequently.. and you can't do it yourself.. from what I read in the other threads.. so I think I rather have my own GPS and can do the updates as and when and live with 2 splash screens..

aerobic;542844 said:
yah.. that's what I have as well.. but I think recently there is a promo for the 3 series, they come with the Garmin BMW GPS as well.. only problem I understand that the maps is not updated frequently.. and you can't do it yourself..
Hi aerobic, my 2008 LCI e90's GPS's maps can be updated by myself over the internet..... not sure why the new ones can't.....:|

my guess is that BMW locked it.. they want to earn more $ from you.. so you have to go to them to update..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789winofficial

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back