Anyone knows where to get a cigarette lighter -> power point adapter?

Puny

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

Before I order online, is there anyone out there aware of a local autoshop where we can purchase something similiar to this:

33G141.jpg

Basically, it's to convert the cigarette lighter point into a power point for use with things like auto polishers, water sprays and other similiar equipment..

Thanks,
Alvin.

Re: Anyone knows where to get a cigarette lighter -> power point adapter?

just got 1 today at sls 5th floor.. salesperson gave me $52 which made the cashier(boss) pout lol

puny. local have tons from china, taiwan, etc. dont need online order. saw some in slt. go to basement of sim lim tower. turn left from main staircase. the distributor of a sinewave inverter is there. btw. the higher wattage u get, the more they will zap power from ur battery. need to keep engine running, otherwise can use cheaper lead acid aux battery better.

Hi topcat/pingman,

Found this available for local delivery.
http://www.expansys.com.sg/product.asp?code=108530

Rated up to 140w. The power inverters at this site range from 90w to 150w.
I wonder if this is sufficient for powering a power device, e.g. polisher.

Thanks guys!

puny, i saw the same one you're referring to here in London a while back. it's about 30 quid, IIRC. there are others that cost more. looks like it's cheaper to get it in SGP. good luck.

puny. how many wattage u need for ur polisher? need to make sure the peak surge on this inverter can support it. otherwise, 2 things will happen - fuse on inverter or car blow, heat builtup at 12v connector during polisher usage and u got melting plastic after polishing ur car.

if i m not wrong, equipment with motor will need higher wattage. household vaccum clean and drill (polisher head) peak wattage is 1500w. tv and computer is about 300w. for regular low wattage electronics, you can DIY some voltage regulator simple 7812-7805 chips.

any idea, it will be good if u can take a trip to the sim lim tower shop i mentioned, they have various version that can cater to ur needs. the sales man there should be able to advise u. must play safe, cos i kena meltage plastic and blown fuse in my ride before even on a regular 12v rated polisher. (on the jepun 'Luxury' car - really damn lousy)

Homefix sells 200W-400W. looks exactly like the one in ur pic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back