Anyone using Samsung Galaxy S?

Wife is thinking of getting this phone, the Amoled screen is really damn nice, plus the fact that everyone else is using a Iphone.

Anyone here using this phone? Any feedback? How is it compare to the Iphone 3GS?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone using Samsung Galaxy S?

my bro juz got it from singtel.. after 'molesting' the phone, here's my verdict... the screen is definitely nicer and is bigger as compared to iphone.. another feature i like about galaxy s that iphone don't have is that messages can be typed using a virtual 3x4 keypad... camera is definitely better than iphone's 2MP though it would have been better if there's LED or xenon flash to accompany wif it... iphone still have better and more applications as compared to galaxy s's andriod operateing system... but if application is not an important deciding factor, i will get the galaxy s... =)

redhotdevil;560464 said:
my bro juz got it from singtel.. after 'molesting' the phone, here's my verdict... the screen is definitely nicer and is bigger as compared to iphone.. another feature i like about galaxy s that iphone don't have is that messages can be typed using a virtual 3x4 keypad... camera is definitely better than iphone's 2MP though it would have been better if there's LED or xenon flash to accompany wif it... iphone still have better and more applications as compared to galaxy s's andriod operateing system... but if application is not an important deciding factor, i will get the galaxy s... =)

Thanks for the comments. The phone indeed looks good, and lack of apps shouldn't be a big issue to my CO. How's the stability of the OS compared to Iphone? Anyone knows?

touched it briedfly, never like samsung, but quite impressed with the speed of the menu.
they do have many apps in their app market, just dun have the critical one like whatsapp.

it will not have good resale value like iphone.

hitmee;560515 said:
touched it briedfly, never like samsung, but quite impressed with the speed of the menu.
they do have many apps in their app market, just dun have the critical one like whatsapp.

it will not have good resale value like iphone.

Thanks. Do you know if they have local apps for SG like traffic, cinema, carpark, maps etc?

715;560518 said:
Thanks. Do you know if they have local apps for SG like traffic, cinema, carpark, maps etc?

traffic, maps and cinema confirmed have...the rest not sure.

I've also been thinking of switching to the Galaxy S especially now that iPhone 4 has so many problems.

715;560514 said:
Thanks for the comments. The phone indeed looks good, and lack of apps shouldn't be a big issue to my CO. How's the stability of the OS compared to Iphone? Anyone knows?
I don't find android apps lacking. there are plenty!! But of cos if u compare to iphone apps, then no fight lah....

My mum has the Galaxy S..and I'm using the HTC Desire..performance Galaxy will be the better bet..very zippy and no lag at all..maybe it's cos my mum doesn't put much stuff on it..my Desire does suffer abit from lag after awhile..the screen is AWESOME and playing Divx movies is native..the andriod system is very stable and 2.2 should be out for it soon..the huge inetrnal storage is a big plus too! The downsides..the phone feels cheap..very plasticky as compared to the Desire and even my plastic iPhone 3G..camera sucks without flash..slowly more local apps are showing up on the Android market and whatsapp is coming too so not much of a worry! In all..Galaxy S is a good phone with the big Super Amoled Screen and thunderous processor..worth the purchase!

played with it briefly at the local shop but dont think it is for me

not impressed with the icons - color and holding it does not fit me some how

maybe i am biased but i think i like the iPhone too much already so not prepared to settle for something else.

did not want to be avictim of marketing but somehow i feel iPhone more intuitive and user friendly while other phone makers just trying to copy what apple is doing.

my 2 cents

:nutkick:

Too bad I do not appreciate these "iphone-wannabe" models, especially by Samsung. Since the iphone 3G two years ago, they have probably shipped at least 10 different models of the same touch-screen phones. All of them do not have any identity of their own and easily forgotten. Unless it is free, I do not see any point getting it. Both my iphone 3G and 3GS are still ahead of the game in the smartphone segment.

I am confident that the antenna issue with the iphone 4 will be fixed before they reach us. If I were you, I'll wait for the iphone 4.

Thanks for all the comments. I've been using Iphone for quite some time now, and am perfectly happy with it except for the short battery life. However, CO want to have something different, so that's why she's considering the Galaxy S. Will get her to read this thread and let her make her own decision.

Any idea when will they start to sell Iphone 4 in SGP?

In truth..all smartphones have short battery life..that beautiful screen and fast processing doesn't come for free..my Desire can't last me for more than 15hrs b4 i need to charge..

somehow i feel iPhone more intuitive and user friendly while other phone makers just trying to copy what apple is doing. my 2 cents :nutkick:[/QUOTE said:
iphone cannot delete single call no, so not user friendly haha

Brudder 715, hope u dont mind I borrow this thread.

I just got me an HTC Desire phone. Previously on my phones where the signal strength bars are, there is usually a "3G" or "G" symbol to indicate 3G or GPRS network. Now my Desire shows an "H" or "G" symbol. What the heck is "H" ah?

longhorn;561648 said:
Brudder 715, hope u dont mind I borrow this thread.

I just got me an HTC Desire phone. Previously on my phones where the signal strength bars are, there is usually a "3G" or "G" symbol to indicate 3G or GPRS network. Now my Desire shows an "H" or "G" symbol. What the heck is "H" ah?

No prob at all longhorn.

Am curious to know also, so what's "H" and "G"? Try reading up the manual or their website.

If D&G can ask dash.

Can i check whether the HTC Desire has the ability to save new contacts onto the SIM card? I know it can backup to the mini SD card. I need the function of saving contacts onto the SIM card.

Yes and no.

Yes you can save contacts one by one to SIM.

No you can't backup entire contact list to SIM. At least I haven't been able to discover how to. Have to save one by one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back